1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fascism MOD/Patch error

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Corpus X, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Corpus X

Corpus X Chieftain

Hello, fellow Civ 2 fans!

For the last 5 years I've been playing with the fasc_33_patch but not the Fascism mod as well! I didn't realize that I installed it incorrectly. So today I installed the mod then re-installed the patch and the colours for the nations are all out of whack! The Vikings are red (not dark blue), celts are purple (not white) for example. Is there any known reason this is happening?

Installed MGE_Upgrade
    FoxAhead's brilliant EditBoxPatcher

Thank you in advance!

2. Corpus X

Corpus X Chieftain

I narrowed it down to the "cities gif file" in the Fascism mod. As long as I keep that out of the game files the colours load correctly. I'm not sure if playing the game without them matters, but I'll find out soon enough! Bizzare! Any thoughts?

Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. FoxAhead

FoxAhead Chieftain

May be it is intended color changes? So that Germany civ is made red?

4. Corpus X

Corpus X Chieftain

That doesn't make sense. Each civilization has an assigned colour and red is for Barbarians. Anyway, the game seems to work fine without that cities gif... So far!

5. Noire Leblanc

Noire Leblanc Chieftain

The color a civ slot is assigned is based on two lines above the flag in cities.gif, which can be changed just like the city graphics themselves. And indeed, the cities.gif file you've linked has a different set of colors associated with each civilization, matching the "problem" you're mentioning.

Fortunately, cities.gif has no gameplay effects, so if you don't like it, you can simply not use it. (and really, any cities.gif that associates "real" flags isn't going to be nice for a standard game where any of the three civs in that slot can show up; your Vikings should also be displaying the Nazi flag there, for example, and whether it's Russia, Rome or the Celts, they'll still be flying the Red Banner.)

Corpus X likes this.