Fascism MOD/Patch error

Corpus X

Chieftain
Hello, fellow Civ 2 fans!

For the last 5 years I've been playing with the fasc_33_patch but not the Fascism mod as well! I didn't realize that I installed it incorrectly. So today I installed the mod then re-installed the patch and the colours for the nations are all out of whack! The Vikings are red (not dark blue), celts are purple (not white) for example. Is there any known reason this is happening?

Installed MGE_Upgrade
FoxAhead's brilliant EditBoxPatcher

Thank you in advance!

I narrowed it down to the "cities gif file" in the Fascism mod. As long as I keep that out of the game files the colours load correctly. I'm not sure if playing the game without them matters, but I'll find out soon enough! Bizzare! Any thoughts?

Thank you

Attachments

• CITIES.GIF
    CITIES.GIF
    59.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
That doesn't make sense. Each civilization has an assigned colour and red is for Barbarians. Anyway, the game seems to work fine without that cities gif... So far!

The color a civ slot is assigned is based on two lines above the flag in cities.gif, which can be changed just like the city graphics themselves. And indeed, the cities.gif file you've linked has a different set of colors associated with each civilization, matching the "problem" you're mentioning.

Fortunately, cities.gif has no gameplay effects, so if you don't like it, you can simply not use it. (and really, any cities.gif that associates "real" flags isn't going to be nice for a standard game where any of the three civs in that slot can show up; your Vikings should also be displaying the Nazi flag there, for example, and whether it's Russia, Rome or the Celts, they'll still be flying the Red Banner.)

Top Bottom