Fastest National College?

PDMX

Warlord
I just had one of the best early games since I play civ V. I played Shoshones on an inland sea map at immortal. I got an awesome 8 ruins: 3 pop, 2 culture, 2 techs, 1 religious (desert folklore was still available :crazyeye: ) that gave me a 5 pop capital with a finished settler on turn 26. I stole 3 workers from CS and went straight for 3 cities and national college, which was finished on turn 69 with the help of some chopping. I am totally excited, but it could probably be better with Babylon or Korea...

What are your national college benchmarks with one, two, three or four cities?

My fastest NC ever was 1 city turn 35 as Babylon in G&K induced by Great Library.
1 Settler cash bought shortly before Great Library completed so that I had 2 cities right after NC completed.

My fastest was when I got the great library and then rushed NC. Luckily I found El dorado, so it didn't slow down my expansion too much. I think that was an emperor Japan, game. I got the. NC around turn 37/38

I've been trying with The Shoshone to get a 3-city NC before t69 but to no avail. I had to resort to Spain and with a first-find Old Faithful managed a 3-city NC on t67. It should be said that no chopping was involved, heck no workers were involved :p

I got an awesome 8 ruins: 3 pop, 2 culture, 2 techs, 1 religious

"ruins" are random, so you are comparing how lucky people are. If you want to compare skill and strategy, you should play with ruins turned off.

"ruins" are random, so you are comparing how lucky people are. If you want to compare skill and strategy, you should play with ruins turned off.

terrain, barbs, city states and AIs are not less random than ruins :p

If your geography is good, you can quite comfortably go OCC GLib and then breakout with advanced units. Pretty sure my best was with Spain wandering to get Lake Victoria, though I didn't note the turn. Alternatively, use Liberty Worker to chop GL and then spew out your three Settlers. Then Oracle your GE for Petra and spew out units to bulldoze cities that are interfering with your borders. All situational, of course.

I don't see the point of an early NC personally. Turn 100 on standard is the target for me, doing it much earlier is just sacrificing too much for too little gain. Unless you plan on spamming cities right after.

Shoshone ruins are never random, only getting that much involves some luck. If you turn them off you could still play Babylon, does that sound like more skill?

I made a Standard solid tactic, 2 three Pop extra cities, which also involded getting an internal trade route before NC, just tried it as fast as possible. I even beat it by 3 turns after playing it again. My post just remembered me how stupid it is to compare just NC, because of course you can get it a lot faster with one city. It only matters if you use a similar strategy.

Here is a screen of the turn 66 NC:

Attachments

• NC_turn66.jpg
    NC_turn66.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 118
Turn 80 - 90 NC is very much possible with 2 Worker steals (assuming 4 cities total), I recently had a game where I managed turn 9X NC with 6 cities.

Top Bottom