1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest Science Victory

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Lightning5555, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Blatc

Blatc Chieftain

Will need an expansion update to provide beaker comparison for the T-hawk huge game.

2. cbucks

cbucks Chieftain

got spain map to 177 using seven city

turn 86 renaissance with oracle to get secularism

turn 130 freedom

turn 154 all labs completed

turn 177 finish

I keep going from ideology and making a stop to get chemistry and fertilizer - after reading thawks latest write up i'm unsure if that is correct. , could get labs 3-4 turns quicker if skip fertilizer

Attached Files:

3. T-hawk

T-hawk Transcend

I think Fertilizer before Plastics won't help. By then the ~2 food per city from pastures/plantations is nothing. You shouldn't have non-freshwater farms; cities should be located for freshwater farms; dry grassland/plains should get trading posts instead.

Chemistry before Plastics probably breaks even either way. Mostly for observatories; each observatory-turn gained by the Chemistry hammers makes up for one lab-turn. Chemistry also helps to finish Big Ben before Plastics.

4. Blatc

Blatc Chieftain

I believe the consensus has long been that for fast SV Fertilizer before Plastics is a small mistake, and to take it immediately after. However, there can be timing scenarios where you will delay purchasing the labs until you have completed Big Ben and/or Mercantilism, which could allow picking up Fertilizer first. I am sometimes in a situation where I have to choose between using 1 or 2 GS leading into Plastics, with both being slightly off from ideal timing (i.e. if using 2, I will delay purchasing Labs by 1 or more turns to wait for Big Ben/Merc), in which case I could convince myself to take Chemistry and possibly fertilizer before using the 2 GS. More recently, I have tended towards using 1 GS and teching Chemistry/Fertilizer immediately after.

5. Blatc

Blatc Chieftain

Brief details and pics from T190 Babylon Deity SV, submitted to HoF

Spoiler Details :

5-city NC. The 2 Northern expos took a little while to walk the units to, and had some delays completing the road through a CS.

Songhai wiped out Venice and Korea, but nobody ever did much about it. After early wars to steal workers and pillage a few caravans, I was peaceful.

Religion was very strong. Fairly standard choices, for me: DF, Tithe, happiness from Gardens (2 best buildings n/a), faith from wonders, reliquary. I built Borobudur. Rather than plant for more faith, I spread with 2 prophets; the gold from Tithe helped make up for not getting Machu.
    I built a late Petra in 1st expo T98, which is very uncommon on Deity.
    Arabia completed Porcelain Tower on T153.

16 GS
    1 from Writing
    9 produced by cities
    3 from wonders
    3 from faith

9th city-produced GS was T188; Apollo 187, Hubble T188.
    Planted GS from Writing and 1st city-produced GS. Chose New Deal.

Key timings
    T95 or 96 Education
    T139 Sci Theory (no bulbs)
    T165 Plastics (1x GS), bought 5 labs immediately
    T190 SV

Opened Rationalism as 7th policy (not including Oracle) 1 turn after reaching Astronomy and had strong culture coming in from CS allies to get me through Rationalism policies quickly.

Babylon T190 SV pic 1.jpg Babylon T190 SV pic 2.jpg