1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest Science Victory

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Lightning5555, Feb 14, 2016.

1. vadalaz

vadalaz Emperor

Time for the annual bump!

Just submitted a turn 200 SV as the Zulu. The key selling point here is that Impis are on the tech path to Education anyway, so you don't have to choose between Machinery/Chivalry and Education. Catapults (yes I actually used catapults) damage cities, Impis and CBs kill units, then after Education you upgrade to XBs and Trebuchets.

I missed that Arts Funding had been proposed and of course it got passed, which definitely cost me at least one turn, as in the end I was timing Hubble and PT with the final natural GS spawn. Another thing that hurt me was that William beelined Muskets and had Great Wall + Himeji + Defender of the Faith. This slowed me down and made capturing Amsterdam, the best AI city on the map, pretty difficult.

3 self-founded cities + 4 conquered capitals, standard Tradition / Commerce / Rationalism / Freedom. Couldn't make 5000 faith unfortunately so had to settle for 1 GE and 2 GSs.

I think it's evident that early dominant UUs can carry you to a sub-200 science victory, and this speaks volumes as to how balanced warlike and peaceful approaches to this game are, which to me is a thing of beauty.

Attached Files: