Votes: 46 24.9%
  • Fellowship of Leaves

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Octopus Overlords

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • Ashen Veil

Votes: 34 18.4%

• Total voters
Octopus Overlords, hands down. Cool themes, waterwalk ur troops, slavery, culture, and the unique heroes (go Hemah!). Oh and da looney bin.

OO, only because of Hemah. Twincast + Fire III + Enchantment III = 12 meteors. I've yet to find the city garrison than can stand up to this for more than 2 turns.

I like the Ashen Veil. AV priests get ring of flames and are the best summoners. I also like to get Stigmata on the Unborn and pump up the armageddon counter for stronger units. Of course, I've been playing Sheaim a lot in Fire so this suits their play style well.

Also, Sacrifice the Weak + Agriculture is really good for rushing production / feeding (calabim) / summoning (eater of dreams). In fact, it's better than OO + slavery because of needing less food!

FoL. I love the synergies between Khazad and RoK. I love the science AV gives you, despite the side effects. However, I rely on religion for culture (oddly enough, I don't in vanilla). Of all the culture producing religions, FoL is my favourite, primarily due to the health benefits. It is probably a weakness in my game, but that is my playing style.

Runes. The increase in production and gold really keeps your empire working like a dream. Also, with the Soldiers of Kilmorph, you have several interesting options on how to build. I often find myself building ton of them in my main cities to quickly build monument/theatre/temple of kilmorph in all my new cities. It removes the downtime during which a new city is just a drag on your economy, and makes them almost instantly useful. Also, having a big stack of them just sitting around is great for rushing important wonders. In most games, I usually separate one high-production city as my "wonder city", where I build all wonders which have a global effect, and as long as there are no wonders or prod improving building to build there, I just keep pumping soldiers of kilmorph. Gotta laugh at the poor infidels who think they can outrace me in wonderbuilding.

Flavor-wise, definetely OO. Iä mglw'nagh ph'unglui Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl ftaghn!

I voted Ashen Veil, because most of the time I play Sheiam or Calabim and switch over to the Infernals when I summon them (I tend to play the easier difficulty levels, so this always happens.)

OO is definitely second favorite.

ashen veil for me , no other religioncarries the same military and scientific strength

A bit off-topic perhaps, but I agree with the guy who said a couple more religions, one evil one good, would be a nice addition.

oo hands down for me. IMO it has the best music and best 'feel'. I find the octopus overlords creepier than the ashen veil to tell you the truth :D

I can't stand the OO buildings, especially their cities. I don't know why everyone else likes them.

I used to prefer RoK over OO because Bambur was much better than Saverous (of course there are many other reasons but I'm a simple man) but now Saverous has been made stronger than Bambur in direct combat (but Bambur has special abilities) I tend to like OO most. It's just a fun religion to play!

Top Bottom