• Stalin

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tokugawa

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legal_My_Deagle

Warlord
Keeping in mind the trait combo and the UB and UU.

Mine might be Shaka but I am somewhat undecided right now.

Alexander 0 0%
Boudica 0 0%
Genghis Khan 0 0%
Kublai Khan 1 25.00%
Hammurabi 0 0%
Monty 0 0%
Ragnar 2 50.00%
Shaka 1 25.00%
Stalin 0 0%
Tokugawa

I'm going to have to go with Ragnar on this one . I usually don't play an Aggresive civ but Ragnar's Agg/Fin can really make a deadly combo for war .
I would figure the Khans are an easy pick here . Genghis is specifically designed to wage wars and Kublai can wage wars and be a land hog at the same time .

Boudica is also designed specifically for warmongering ( I see no other use for her other than constant rushes and military , very FUN to play with ) but you need to compensate for economy to be able to sustain Boudica's wrath .

Favorite to play as

I just recently got BTS, so I'm not terribly familiar with the other new leaders, but I just played my first game as Boudica. If you're in the mood for non-stop war, she's just great. Just snag an early religion (which she's well-positioned to do), build the shrine, and let loose the holy war that never ends. Never have I seen such a huge army of highly-promoted units.

Her UU leaves something to be desired, unfortunately -- a praetorian it isn't. But everything else about her is top-notch for a game of plunder and conquest.

Shaka. Gotta love those fast Impis and a barracks that reduces city maintenance 20%. :worship:

Boudica. You could afford to phrase the Question a bit clearer.

I just recently got BTS, so I'm not terribly familiar with the other new leaders, but I just played my first game as Boudica. If you're in the mood for non-stop war, she's just great. Just snag an early religion (which she's well-positioned to do), build the shrine, and let loose the holy war that never ends. Never have I seen such a huge army of highly-promoted units.

Her UU leaves something to be desired, unfortunately -- a praetorian it isn't. But everything else about her is top-notch for a game of plunder and conquest.

A really good thing about the Celtic UU is that you get your swordsman unit without iron. You can build them with copper! :D

impi's rule!

Pure warmongering: Kublai Khan

Creative actually goes a long way for fighting early wars. Not having to spend hammers on monuments (or beakers on religious techs) is 30 more hammers you can use on something else. Expansive might seem like a better choice since fast granaries means faster growth which means more whipping, but I'm convinced that Creative is way better. Not every city needs a granary to grow faster than whipping unhappiness goes away, and the ones that do can use the hammers they save on skipping monuments to build them faster anyway.

Balanced game: Alexander

Philosophical is a favorite of mine. I love great people, I love generating GPPs, I'm always trying to get another great person. And I love to capture an enemy capital and convert it into a great people farm.

A really good thing about the Celtic UU is that you get your swordsman unit without iron. You can build them with copper! :D

True, but once you get it, it's only very marginally better than a standard-issue swordsman. Which, with the agressive thing going on, is perfectly adequate, but it's not the unstoppable behemoth that the praetorian is.

Being a basic unwarlike player, I have to look Raggy's finances BUT... I really like the philosophical leaders and all the great leaders they get so that puts Alexander high on my list. His phalanx might not be the match of a berserker, but I like Alex's (hope he doesn't mind me being informal) special building -- it rocks!! Plus, I really like the amount of time it takes to build universities with good ol' Alex!!

Shaka. Not because I like his second trait (it sucks) but because of the Zulus' outstanding UB and good UU.

True, but once you get it, it's only very marginally better than a standard-issue swordsman. Which, with the agressive thing going on, is perfectly adequate, but it's not the unstoppable behemoth that the praetorian is.

No doubt that Praets rule their era. But the Gallic Warriors are growing on me - you get the Guerilla I,II,III upgrade path not available to other Melee units. :clap:

Shaka Shaka Shaka! The best UU and UB in the game, and amazing synergy between his traits, UU and UB. Tied with Brennus for my favourite leader in the game, and he's infinitely cooler.

Monty would be second, since Spiritual is just so good and the Sacrificial Altar is a fantastic UB. With Woodsman III, jags are actually pretty decent now too.

Ragnar third for his synergy and enjoyably different playstyle.

No doubt that Praets rule their era. But the Gallic Warriors are growing on me - you get the Guerilla I,II,III upgrade path not available to other Melee units. :clap:

Much agreed! Since you don't need iron, you can potentially build Gallics the very second Iron Working is researched and have a few to really beef up an early axerush and slice through hilltop-holy-city-capitals like butter. Plus not needing iron is just nice anyway.
And the guerrilla pathway fricking rocks. GII for speed and harassment plus rocksolid defense on hills, GIII for whatever. Seriously, GIII is possibly the best promo in the game, and you can get it at 4xp on a city raiding unit - that's awesome.
I prefer Brennus to Boudica though :D

Top Bottom