Favorite Band?

This is impossible for me...there are too many great bands. The Eagles, The Who, The Beatles, U2, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Guns 'n' Roses, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd...the list goes on and on...
I think I would say my personal favorite is either U2, The Eagles, or Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Wow, I like alot of artists. In order (my top 15):

1. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band*
2. Led Zeppelin
3. AC/DC*
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers*
5. Pink Floyd
6. Metallica*
7. Black Sabbath
8. Rancid*
9. Bad Religion
10. AFI*
11. Guns 'n Roses
12. Aerosmith*
13. Lynyrd Skynyrd
14. The Who
15. The Ramones

*=Seen in concert

There are probably many more I didn't name that fit somewhere in the list.
Already I can think of Queen and Iron Maiden, who definitely deserve to be there.

Favorite Songs include: "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, "Highway to Hell" "Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC, "Can't Stop" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Born in the USA" "Atlantic City" "Because the Night" "My Love Will Not Let You Down" "Prove it All Night" by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, "Master of Puppets" "Battery" by Metallica, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.

Favorite Albums include: The Wall by Pink Floyd; Nevermind by Nirvana; Born in the USA, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The Rising by Bruce Springsteen; Californication, BloodSugarSexMagik by Red Hot Chili Peppers; Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning by Metallica; ...And Out Come the Wolves by Rancid.

Springsteen rocks, and I freaking forgot all about Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, and I'm sure a bunch of others too.

My favorite song might be "Beautiful Day" by U2, but there are so many great songs that it would take me forever to list them all

My Favourite band is Midnight oil.

In case you have never heard of them, their first album was called Powderworks (1978) and it is my favourite album.
They campaigned political issues in the early 80's which was reflected in the albums "Red sails in the Sunset" and "10 to 1".
After a break of a few years during which the lead singer Peter Garrett was trying to get involved in politics, they released Diesel and Dust. The theme of that album was about campainging Aboriginal causes which was an issue that dominated their music for the next 15 years or so until their 2nd last album called "Redneck wonderland" which saw them go back to a more political theme.
Their last Album "Capricornia" saw them leave the ideologies of the last 20 years and return to a more traditional 'Oils style of music, more like a mix of the stuff they played from "Place without a postcard" ('81) to "Red Sails" (approx '86).

They were snobbed by the Australian music industry for nearly 20 years for their stance on the current day issues.
They were more successful then some of their contempories such as INXS but never got the airplay until the last 4 years when the industry finally started to accept them. Although a bit too late as they officially (again) retired last year.

"How can we sleep when our beds are burnin'?"

Oh yeah there was another one very good from Australia that I liked also as MOil : Man at Work!

Elliott Smith
Guster
Radiohead
The Wrens
Wilco
SR-71

Great bands/musicians.

Top Bottom