Favorite New Leader for Existing Civ

Who is your favorite new leader for an existing civ?

• Lincoln (America)

Votes: 34 13.7%
  • Boudicca (Celts)

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • De Gaulle (France)

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Pericles (Greeks)

Votes: 76 30.5%
  • Suleiman (Ottoman)

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Darius (Persia)

Votes: 50 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Scy12- No-one cares anymore. As I said, "people who know what they're talking about disagree about this, so why are we bothering?" In case you didn't get that, it means I am no longer interested in a pointless, circular debate that isn't going to reach a sensible conclusion.
You want to be right so badly, then fine, you are. Macedon was part of Greece, Alexander was a Greek, you were right all along. Enjoy.

You're the best man...you should replace Tony Blair...:lol:

Jesus...the following guys will be my friends forever:
Cybrxkhan
Traitorfish
TheLastOne36
I'm sick of your page long fights, scy12...It's tiring...seriously man, please stop.

Seriously man, none taken...but I'm not really small I'm actually pretty tall for my age :lol: Back to new leaders, just a last thought:
Alexander was not exactly a greek, but a macedon.

Well Dutchking , where i come from i am used at backing up whatever i may claim. I see that you don't care for any argument so there is no reason for me to continue it. There is nothing personal against you from my side.

Originally Posted by Traitorfish View Post
@Scy12- No-one cares anymore. As I said, "people who know what they're talking about disagree about this, so why are we bothering?" In case you didn't get that, it means I am no longer interested in a pointless, circular debate that isn't going to reach a sensible conclusion.
You want to be right so badly, then fine, you are. Macedon was part of Greece, Alexander was a Greek, you were right all along. Enjoy.

Why ? Do you feel debating Historical subjects as something not satisfying ? Well this is Civfanatics ...I would advice you to search this matter from several sources and then reach any conclusion you may wish.

There is nothing personal against you from my side.

Same, you've got some sort of wisdom, keep it up. Try not to be so argumentative, it would make you even wiser...
Anyway, let's get back to the thread.

Hells yeah

Imagine immortals + organized + financial + apothecaries...*faint* No charismatic happiness but oh well:)

Certainly Darius seems to be the strongest of them. One of the best UUs will get you a large empire early on. The two best 'money' traits should keep you with a tech lead for the entire game. It really doesn't seem like you can go wrong here...

Certainly Darius seems to be the strongest of them. One of the best UUs will get you a large empire early on. The two best 'money' traits should keep you with a tech lead for the entire game. It really doesn't seem like you can go wrong here...
Unless you come up against half-naked Spartans in tiny leather underpants. No Persian can defeat them! :eek:

I don't mean to nitpick...but...

It was Xerxes who fought the Spartans at Thermopylae. The Athenians and Plataeans turned back Darius at the Battle of Marathon. The Spartans were absent that day due to a "religious festival".

It was Xerxes who fought the Spartans at Thermopylae. The Athenians and Plataeans turned back Darius at the Battle of Marathon. The Spartans were absent that day due to a "religious festival".
No, the Spartans were at Plataea- they sent a force of 10,000 troops (5,000 Spartans and 5,000 Perioikoi ). The religous festival thing was just an excuse they used to explain their initial hesitation to join the alliance against Persia.

^which is why he put in in quotation marks. ah, how wonderful is American-originated pop culture movies!!! teaches children proper history. :p

Celt new leader looks better. Aggressive and charismatic makes sweet news.

I think hardest parts of playing Celts is their starting techs. No wheels, pottery agriculture, fishing or mining. Just hunting and mysticism ackkkk. Hunting is not normally a tech i rush to research. Same for Mysticism unless i want stonehenge. These hold very little value unless you are near a deer in terms of production and food at start. Guess you have a shot at a religion if you can spare the research time at start. Although your worker might get bored.

For me the duns, hills and the Celtic UU make for a strong defence. Do it right and you have a strength 6 Celtic warrior with a 30% chance of withdraw with huge defense bonus on hills. Add in new leader in BTS and that another 10%. If an enemy city has hills within its borders it you can almost walk in and attack with your units. They will be well protected by the hill bonus defence. :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Once the Celts get going they are a strong attacking force. ;)

For the AI if they build cities on hills this will be one strong leader. The upgrade path for all units makes this even sweeter. For me the new leader happily ticks my box.

I think adding leaders to a civ that was deemed weaker by some players is a great idea. The new leader will add great appeal to the Celts. If you dont play the celts you may have to deal with them. Run for the hills!!!!! Fool why are you running for the hills????? Will no one learn the lesson of the Celts?

^which is why he put in in quotation marks. ah, how wonderful is American-originated pop culture movies!!! teaches children proper history. :p
Ah... He said "Marathon", right... Misread that, my bad...
But give me some credit- I got the info from Wikipedia, not 300. The stupidity on my part came because the info was irrelevant, not because it was wrong.

No, the Spartans were at Plataea- they sent a force of 10,000 troops (5,000 Spartans and 5,000 Perioikoi ). The religous festival thing was just an excuse they used to explain their initial hesitation to join the alliance against Persia.

All right, you saw the battle I was referring to. I made mention of the Plataeans because they sent the only aid to the Athenians to fight the Persians. They deserve a little more recognition than they receive for such a heroic action...

Pericles had my vote, because Creative and Philosophical has been great combination from the start, and even greater it is now, when Creative has bonus to Libraries and Greeks have Colosseum-based UB which is clearly better than Mayan Ball Court, for example. If the rumors about Phalanx-units being now Axeman w/ March are true and hill bonus maybe remains, Pericles will be the ultimate leader before Medieval era. If Greeks can survive through Medieval, Pericles will probably win many, many games by outteching others.

The thread is dying...the thread is dying...the thread is de-ad soon...*sings to himself*...
Anyone up for Arguements or Quote Wars? :lol:

I voted for Suleiman. I already love playing with the Ottomans because Mehmed's traits provide the player with cheaper significant buildings and along with his UB you can grow your cities large. Plus his UU isn't bad either. But Suleiman's traits are exciting because they provide bonuses to Great People and Great Generals, and extra Great People are always fun! I know a lot of people are down on Imperialist, and it's not the most powerful trait, but it still will be an entertaining trait combo. Plus, I think he looks pretty cool! He'll definitely be the first new leader for an existing Civ that I'll play with. Though I must admit Pericles looks pretty interesting too. Darius will just be too powerful for my liking.

Top Bottom