1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite part of Vox Populi?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by salty mud, Jun 4, 2020.

1. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 King

I like how much more meaningful a Civ's Unique Components are.

2. Eddie.exe

Eddie.exe Chieftain

I like the flexibility in this mod. In Vanilla civ 5, the only viable strategy was to play tradition/rationalism/freedom 4 city tall science victory. Vox populi makes most policy trees very usable, encouraging heavy experimentation.

burleigh and vyyt like this.
  3. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I mean let's be real: The AI was so bad that basically everything was viable, but rather doing anything other than that was more of a "challenge" than a real strategy. That said Byzantium culture rush with piety won me plenty of games on deity and even vs humans with insane victory dates like 150-180 on standard speed and maps. Cultural sites with them was busted.

Ziad and burleigh like this.
  4. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I love it all but if I had to choose I'd say the Civilization Unique Abilities change. It lets you enjoy the civilization a lot more.

A close second is the happiness system. It's an ongoing project that is still being tuned but I love the city builder feel.

CppMaster likes this.
  5. Jean mi

Jean mi Chieftain

I prefer the better AI and how their bonuses in high difficulty are spread along the game and not huge bonuses at the begining.

Close behind is the diversity of playstyle and how each civ feels unique since you can base your gameplay around the civ bonuses.

vyyt likes this.