Feature Request: Two simple UI improvements for quality of life

jack3552

Chieftain
I think these would probably be fairly easy to code and they might smooth out a couple of minor sticking points in the player experience.

1) When you mouse over an AI's luxury resource in the trade screen, a tooltip appears (similar to mousing over terrain) to inform you of which of your cities will get WLTK day for acquiring this resource.

E.g. mouse over Indonesia's Pepper, and see:

We Love The King day in:
  • Teotihuacan
  • Texcoco

This would let me know whether it's worth trading my luxury for one of theirs, vs just for gold. Especially useful when it's a trade deal offered by the AI during their turn, when you can't go back to the map to look at your cities straight away.

2) When you mouse over the purchase button to make a gold investment in a building or wonder, a tooltip appears with 'After investment, completed in 'x' turns. This lets me know if it will then be finished on the next turn or not, which helps with minimising the risk of losing your gold investment for wonders, or just generally weighing up whether a building investment is worth the gold.

Thanks to all those who do work on this mod, I get so much fun out of it and you guys are the best.

I think these would probably be fairly easy to code and they might smooth out a couple of minor sticking points in the player experience.

1) When you mouse over an AI's luxury resource in the trade screen, a tooltip appears (similar to mousing over terrain) to inform you of which of your cities will get WLTK day for acquiring this resource.

We Love The King day in:
  • Teotihuacan
  • Texcoco

This would let me know whether it's worth trading my luxury for one of theirs, vs just for gold. Especially useful when it's a trade deal offered by the AI during their turn, when you can't go back to the map to look at your cities straight away.

2) When you mouse over the purchase button to make a gold investment in a building or wonder, a tooltip appears with 'After investment, completed in 'x' turns. This lets me know if it will then be finished on the next turn or not, which helps with minimising the risk of losing your gold investment for wonders, or just generally weighing up whether a building investment is worth the gold.

Thanks to all those who do work on this mod, I get so much fun out of it and you guys are the best.

I like both of these ideas a lot. For number 2 I'm just lazy with my math and it would be nice to know. The first one would be wonderful to know.

We Love The King day in:
  • Teotihuacan
  • Texcoco

These are great ideas, I suggest opening an issue on Github about it.

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

Top Bottom