Federative Republic of Brazil

I'll leave here my opinion, which I've left before in another thread, almost a year ago:

I have to say this is a pretty good idea and would definitely spice up colonisation in game, which is one of CiV's worse features.

And, as a Portuguese, I have to say I'd love to see both Portugal and Brazil in a new EP.

Brazil is Portugal's ultimate and most proud legacy. We, the Portuguese, see in Brazil a sort of continuation of what we once were - and considering Brazil's astonishing growth, and considering it's the only nation in the America's capable of rivaling the US in some way (the "Great Two" of the Americas are the USA and Brazil), and because the United States is already in (and with due reason) it makes all sense to have Brazil.

Besides, Civ is not only about the past - it's also about the future. And if every BRIC country is already represented ingame, why not Brazil?

It will be one of the worlds future global powers. In fact, it already is.

I just think the OP rooster for Brazil is better than Rooftrellen's, desculpa parceiro :p I hardly think that a police station would represent Brazil (a Sambodromo or a Football Stadium would better), or a "Thunderbolt" (I don't know about those, are they from Embraer?) is a good UU for Brazil. For all it's worth Brazil's military still lags behind those nations who have air force units as UU in the game (the US, for example).

The Bandeirantes would be the best UU for Brazil. Sure they represent São Paulo more than anyone, but they built Brazil, in a way. And considering what they did, well, maybe their special ability would be that, when conquering a single enemy worker, you'd get two. Or maybe, while being musketmen, they could build mines - just like the real Bandeirantes.

But, if someone disagrees the Bandeirantes are the best UU for Brazil because they were "Portuguese" at the time, well, then I'd say we should "create" an unit called "Soldados Imperiais" or something like that, from the heyday of the Empire of Brazil, post independence. But, all in all, the Bandeirantes would be the best choice.

As to the UA, well, it seems pretty good - and I think it actually reflects well the Brazilian spirit: Brazil is a massive "cultural nation" in its "golden times" (Bossa Nova anyone?) - but "Carnival" doesn't seem right to me.

"Order and Progress" or "Ordem e Progresso" surely gets it better and, come on, that's Brazil's motto, and it fits so well that nation trait.

As to the capital, Brasília is okay but it's a very recent city, and while it represents Brazil's present and future it doesn't represent its past. It is less than 50 years old.

Rio de Janeiro has to be the capital. Brazil's oldest city and the capital of the Empire of Brazil and, for a time, even the United Kingdom of Portugal and Brazil.

Rio is Brazil's heart and soul.

---

Brazil (Delux Edition)
Leader: Dom Pedro I
UU: Bandeirantes (Musketman)- slightly more expensive, can improve resources like workers
UB: Sambódromo (Stadium)- in addition to regular stadium benefits, The Sambódromo grants +2 gold
UA: Order and Progress - +15% culture when the empire is happy
Capital: Rio de Janeiro
Colors: Dark Green and Yellow

A few extra opinions: Jucelino Kubistchek is the most fitting leader for a modern Brazilian civ. But you can see that, in Germany, Russia and Japan, they left dictators out. Kubistchek is so often associated with the military regime that I think it wouldn't be okay to add him...

Overall, Dom Pedro II is the best choice. And he was, perhaps, the most successful leader in Brazil. (I won't talk about Lula because it's too soon) Brazil, at the heyday of the Empire, was a behemoth in America. The United States, in comparison, were the only country in the continent capable of besting them.

It also marked Brazilian expansion in South America, with Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina, and all those wars. Brazil's cultural scene at the time was also grand. In fact, Pedro II marked the era when Brazil started to be the "heart" of Portuguese culture (as in, the language), not Portugal.

The UU... Soldados da Aliança would be a great choice.

I'll leave here my opinion, which I've left before in another thread, almost a year ago:

A few extra opinions: Jucelino Kubistchek is the most fitting leader for a modern Brazilian civ. But you can see that, in Germany, Russia and Japan, they left dictators out. Kubistchek is so often associated with the military regime that I think it wouldn't be okay to add him...

In truth, Getúlio Vargas is associated with dictatorship, himself started one. The military regime of Brazil started 3 years after the death of Juscelino.

The UU... Soldados da Aliança would be a great choice.

If it means something with Paraguay War, we already have it. It's the Voluntário da Pátria, one of the UUs used in the mod.

Besides, Civ is not only about the past - it's also about the future. And if every BRIC country is already represented ingame, why not Brazil?

It will be one of the worlds future global powers. In fact, it already is.

Totally agreed.

About Carnival and Sambodromes, I don't think they are worth representation in the game, as Brazil has many other things beyond it.

Ordem e Progresso can be a good UA name for Brazil, but I don't know how to fit it in the game. Maybe what you suggested can be used, but I don't know it it's a good thing. (ok, +15% of culture is always good). But what I mean is that I don't know it it's the best for Brazil.

Okay, see if there are any problems with this version:

View attachment 338065

It should include all the changes you wanted, but go over it and see if I left something out/made a mistake or if there is anything else want changed/added. Once I get your feedback I can do a more final version of the update.

Also, here's all the modbuddy files with the solution in case you want them to edit (link).

Was there no feedback concerning the update I posted? Sorry if I haven't checked in; been busy with the holidays. Happy New Year everyone!

No problems with the version until the point I played, just updates.

You're amazing Tomatekh, so, all the changes I'm thinking to this point except to the arts and graphics.

Happy New Year too for you and everybody!

By the way, I started another game with Brazil and saw a problem.

The game was rolling just fine, and I closed it to do another thing. When I tried to load it again, the game crashed and closed.

I was using the mods of Brazil and the Historical Religions. Large map, Standard speed, Emperor, Continents. I'm a Mac user, so remember that I don't have the Fall Patch.

By the way, I started another game with Brazil and saw a problem.

The game was rolling just fine, and I closed it to do another thing. When I tried to load it again, the game crashed and closed.

I was using the mods of Brazil and the Historical Religions. Large map, Standard speed, Emperor, Continents. I'm a Mac user, so remember that I don't have the Fall Patch.

Hmm, I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom