Feedback thread

:lol:
Continue to post like this and people contributing tangible work to this mod might consider putting you on their ignore list.
Sorry but I just can't help but geting angry when someone sais bad things about SMAC.

Also, any word on the whole Rail Launcher thing?

On the Rail Launcher, not from me, sorry. You'll have to wait until Maniac comes around testing your save.

But do learn to take some healthy distance from your favorite stuff. While I'm quite fond of SMACX myself, I would be in favour of some limited animated leaderheads. While you're only too right in abolishing childish animations like slapping or making grand gestures, some change in a leaderheads' facial expression during negotiations and depicting attitude wouldn't do harm in my opinion.
Lucky for you, Maniac shares your sentiment on animated leaderheads, if for different reasons. ;)

Actualy its much the same reasons, just that I am really bad at expresing my self.
I am a programer, not a conversationalist...

This said, you did say:
Continue to post like this and people contributing tangible work to this mod might consider putting you on their ignore list.
Hence, I am hear to offer my services in any way imaginable.

While I have little experiance in python I do know my way arround C/C++/C#. (Althou I am having problems when compiling the CIV DLL. Know any good turtorial for that bit?)
And for that web page thing you have going, just give me acces and I will have it jumping through mind worm hoops for you if the need exists.

PS. He is not on ignore any more.

And for that web page thing you have going, just give me acces and I will have it jumping through mind worm hoops for you if the need exists.

No harm done. :)
I think Maniac is "master" of the WPC Planetfall webpage. Perhaps he can grant you access (if that is necessary).

But do learn to take some healthy distance from your favorite stuff. While I'm quite fond of SMACX myself, I would be in favour of some limited animated leaderheads. While you're only too right in abolishing childish animations like slapping or making grand gestures, some change in a leaderheads' facial expression during negotiations and depicting attitude wouldn't do harm in my opinion.

Thanks GeoModder,
I think you understand what i am talking about.
I'm not about lowering the standards of Planetfall, but we need to remember this isn't SMAC its planetfall...if it were SMAC we'd have unit workshops and wonder movies for one!!!
Anyway, if there is any of Rob (R8XFT)'s apprentices out there that play planetfall, i'd love to see some planetfall LH, even if they don't become part of the official mod.
BTW, Maniac and all you other guys building this thing, THANK YOU! :goodjob:
I am really enjoying playing Planetfall, it is filling the void i have felt since SMACX, MOO2, and DEADLOCK

In any case, I am still waiting for that feedback on the whole problem.
Here is my save game but it is unpatched v13.

Attachments

• Purple MY-2761a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    667.1 KB · Views: 50
Also, any word on the whole Rail Launcher thing?

You can't give air unit transport capacity to units that already carry land units. Would be too much SDK changes to allow both. So Rail Launchers can only be given to combat cruisers and submarines.

While I have little experiance in python I do know my way arround C/C++/C#. (Althou I am having problems when compiling the CIV DLL. Know any good turtorial for that bit?)

I have attached the instructions I have used in the past. They also work for the 2008 version.

That website is on the WePlayCiv server. If it's really necessary I can ask Solver to give you access, but he has also said in the past he'd like to keep people with access to a minimum for security reasons. So - perhaps a stupid question but I know nothing about website creation - is access to the FTP really necessary? Is it not possible to create some files which I can just drop into the correct folder with WPC's FTP?

You can't give air unit transport capacity to units that already carry land units. Would be too much SDK changes to allow both. So Rail Launchers can only be given to combat cruisers and submarines.
Oh, I did not know that thanks.
A suggestion is to remove the promotion from transports than so that mixups don't happen.

I have attached the instructions I have used in the past. They also work for the 2008 version.
Thanks, downloading it now.

That website is on the WePlayCiv server. If it's really necessary I can ask Solver to give you access, but he has also said in the past he'd like to keep people with access to a minimum for security reasons. So - perhaps a stupid question but I know nothing about website creation - is access to the FTP really necessary? Is it not possible to create some files which I can just drop into the correct folder with WPC's FTP?
Not really. All I need are the HTML and XML files used for the web page. I can edit them and attach them here for someone to pick up and upload.

Oh, I know about her earth name- just wasn't sure what it was or how to spell it after seeing it (on the interface) in a while.

My point is that it shouldn't be there. It is now "Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5" after PlanetFall. That shouldn't be changed. If you want my justification for it, give a listen to her voice mp3 file and tell me how that squares.

For that matter, anybody wanting to get a better insight into character background should listen to each of the leaders voice files. It's instructive, especially Cha-Dawn's moniker 'fungboy'- lol, though his narrative doesn't quite fit his in game style.

Are mindworms under "barbarian" control supposed to travel over water? It can happen if NL has infested a base and holds it long enough that the culture radius spreads again...they seem then to make use of the travel-w/o-Transport feature then- to make it happen, end the turn in my save and watch what happens near Gargoylegarten.

Attachments

• mindwormsonsea.jpg
    mindwormsonsea.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 52
  • wildNLtravelsoverwater.CivBeyondSwordSave
    530.1 KB · Views: 56
Sure why not?

I always thought that this should represent the transport of units by humans in light, completely unarmored boats, becoming available with a certain tech, while IoDs are the sea version of mindworms (ideally being able to transport them). Moreover, if this is intended, why only in the special case I described (at least it never happened to me before)? Shouldn't they be able to travel anywhere then or shouldn't at least spawning points and/or fungal towers radiate a zone where they can do so? This would bring back some of the nastiness SMAC had with loaded IoDs (though I still prefer that original implementation).

Hi Guys,

I miss the old supply crawler :(

I must admit i do like the fact that the materials pods, crawlers and trawlers work like the civ caravans of old, but personally i used to love that in SMAC you didn't need to be such a perfectionist when choosing base sites, because you could always top up their productivity with the supply crawler.

I for one never really bothered about micro managing them, I would just kit them up with the best armour i had, and give them trance ability to help them resist the native life, and then i sent them to the resource i wanted harvested, and left them to do their job.

I loved this, i don't know why, it is just something that really appeals to me, and i miss it :(

Quick question - it seems that in almost every game I play that my rival factions are all stacked quite close to me. I rarely have time or room to build more than 3 bases before I'm totally hemmed in and have to start a war with someone. Is this intentional? Might we add a way to tweak this in the game/map setup?

Quick question - it seems that in almost every game I play that my rival factions are all stacked quite close to me. I rarely have time or room to build more than 3 bases before I'm totally hemmed in and have to start a war with someone. Is this intentional? Might we add a way to tweak this in the game/map setup?
That's intentional to provoke early conflicts (and to make the Hive/Spartan special trait work - starting with an isolated position). If you don't like that, start a custom game, there's a game option to disable that (scattered starts or something like that).

Cheers, LT.

A question for you.
I noticed that the file containing the fungus texture ("Fungus_1024.dds") contains a purple texture as well.

I don't recall it being used for anything, so is there any way of changing fungus to this Purple form without opening the file with a 3d modeling program?

Also, what do the: iNatureHabitableAtFloweringCounter and iFloweringCounter100 tags in the CIV4FeatureInfos.xml file do?

A question for you.
I noticed that the file containing the fungus texture ("Fungus_1024.dds") contains a purple texture as well.
It is used for the Brilliance resource.

Cheers, LT.

Top Bottom