Few More Buildings for VP

You have to actually work the mountain for the ski resort, rather than it giving yields for each nearby mountain? That sounds a lot weaker than I thought.
Yeah. I had the same issue in More Wonders, so I changed the method for all WWs and NWs. I would suggest to do the same here.

You have to actually work the mountain for the ski resort, rather than it giving yields for each nearby mountain? That sounds a lot weaker than I thought.
Yeah. I had the same issue in More Wonders, so I changed the method for all WWs and NWs. I would suggest to do the same here.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your remarks. I use the SQL function :
upload_2021-12-9_22-22-57.png

Same as you, adan and same as Matchu Pichu. It's work fine and the bonus is given for each mountain within a radius of 3.

OK, perhaps maybe the misunderstanding comes from the description :
+2 :tourism: Tourism and +2 :c5culture: Culture in the city from all Mountain tiles worked by the City. It's a mistake on my part in the text, sorry :blush:.

I do think it might be a good idea to add a ski resort as an atomic building, though it’s strength and abilities could be debated. There is a lot of empty space in that era.
Yes, it's a good idea. I had placed the building in the industrial era because the practice of skiing as a sport and the development of places (hotels, chalets, ...) began in Europe at least in the second half of the 19th century. However, the creation of ski resorts for winter sports really began in the 1920s and really developed after World War II.

I created and I like to play this building (as well as the polar station of Asterix and the cemetery) but I have no claims on it. I'm all for moving it to the atomic age and rebalancing it.

@gwennog Because @Asterix Rage departured, can you take control over this bunch of mods? Admins can grant you control over the main post. Should there be an update made for 2.0 or not?

can you take control over this bunch of mods
No, I was rather in favor of separate Mod Buildings to choose the ones you want. I don't use this mod.

I could at least update it to V2.0 but I don't know what to do. So stuck for my mods too for now :blush:.

No, I was rather in favor of separate Mod Buildings to choose the ones you want. I don't use this mod.

I could at least update it to V2.0 but I don't know what to do. So stuck for my mods too for now :blush:.
Soo, maybe make a new thread where all mods will be linked up to the repository (Dropbox, Google Drive). I can help you in updating them if you don't know how to do it. Let me know if you create the thread. I don;t want to take another mod fully under my wings, because More Wonders is kinda stretching me out.

Also, if you have an idea for some new Building, I can help you programming it (lua), but you have to make the art and base stuff.

Soo, maybe make a new thread where all mods will be linked up to the repository (Dropbox, Google Drive). I can help you in updating them if you don't know how to do it. Let me know if you create the thread. I don;t want to take another mod fully under my wings, because More Wonders is kinda stretching me out.
I just saw and discussed with Hinin that only the dependencies have been changed, a priori.
I also checked the folder put online by Asterix and in fact, it is not a single mod but a zip of all the mods. I checked them all and they are all V2.0 compatible :).
Do as it's done, I'll actually ask the admins for management, it's not a big job :D .

Also, if you have an idea for some new Building, I can help you programming it (lua), but you have to make the art and base stuff.
Thank you, I think that with the latest GH mods, my lua is greatly improved, without hoping to have your skills all the same.
But thank you for the proposal, I'm still amazed by your work on More Wonder and I won't hesitate.

For ideas currently in the making:
- Improve Ski resort to match the remarks
- Create a Seaside resort on the similar idea
- Create a new improvement Polar Research Station for snow tiles.
- Modifiy reforestation mod to that workers can plant forest, jungle or both depending on the latitude (I was planning to take inspiration from your lua for Polar Expedition, I may need a hand on this lua :blush:)

- Improve Ski resort to match the remarks
I don't quite understand what do you mean in this.
- Create a Seaside resort on the similar idea
If you have a brief plan for this and it qould require lua coding let me know. I need some bare stuff to load on VP to be able to make some tests and coding.
- Modifiy reforestation mod to that workers can plant forest, jungle or both depending on the latitude (I was planning to take inspiration from your lua for Polar Expedition, I may need a hand on this lua :blush:)
Ok, I can handle that. I will look on the code. What latitudes do wish to be incorporated? I think about something like this:
  • 0 - 0.15: nothing (it's the percentage of hemisphere);
  • 0.15 - 0.75: forests;
  • 0.6 - 1.0: jungle;

By the way, can you gather all optional buildings and improvements in this thread?

How Reforestation works now? Can you plant Forest anywhere even on existing resources or improvements or only on plots where there's nothing?

Last edited:
I don't quite understand what do you mean in this.

Remarks from Balparmak and Pinappledan.

Really like the new buildings, especially the ski resort which I think could be integrated into VP.
I do think it might be a good idea to add a ski resort as an atomic building, though it’s strength and abilities could be debated. There is a lot of empty space in that era.

If you have a brief plan for this and it qould require lua coding let me know. I need some bare stuff to load on VP to be able to make some tests and coding.
Not yet, that's just the idea, I'm not a fast guy and I'm currently helping Hinin on one of his civilizations :crazyeye:.

Ok, I can handle that. I will look on the code. What latitudes do wish to be incorporated? I think about something like this:
  • 0 - 0.15: nothing (it's the percentage of hemisphere);
  • 0.15 - 0.75: forests;
  • 0.6 - 1.0: jungle;
Normally, tropical areas go up to 14° latitude but in civ, there are no poles per se so 100% hemisphere does not represent 90°.
Maybe still reduce the jungle area a bit (0.7-1.0).

How Reforestation works now? Can you plant Forest anywhere even on existing resources or improvements or only on plots where there's nothing?
You can plant on all types of terrain except desert and snow. On any improvement but not on resources. The lua that I made generates a forest or a jungle by analyzing on three concentric circles the closest environment by weighting by proximity.
There is a small chance that a resource will spawn, drawn from a filled table on cast.
I want to change because the mod places an improvement called plant_forest. For the AI use it correctly, the value of this improvement must interest it and with my system, I have to put a fictitious average yield value between jungle and forest. Which is flawed.

So instead of verifying all around terrain, you want to be 100% sure about what will be placed, am I right? And you want to have two improvements instead of 1?

So instead of verifying all around terrain, you want to be 100% sure about what will be placed, am I right? And you want to have two improvements instead of 1?
Yes, two PlayerCanBuild.add for a Plant_Forest and a Plant_Jungle with true conditions conditionning by lattitude.
I think it's not very difficult to do but it's introducing it into the existing mod that would be more of a problem for me.

I coded lua, but what I need is you to copy the IMPROVEMENT_FOREST and make IMPROVEMENT_JUNGLE with values you need. When I finish my night shift i will post you lua code you can paste into the Reforestation.lua file. I cut whole unnecessary code for checking the expansion and simplified the code a bit.

Improvements should be restricted to hemisphere position and if conditions are not met, then they should be unavailable. Also I added a check for improvement on tile and if tile is empty, then you may start reforestation.

Also you must enable in SQL EVENTS_PLOT from CustomModOptions. Examples are in MoreWonders mod.

Last edited:
Like I said, I send you the lua file. Substitute current one. When you have sql file modified and everything ready for testing you can send me back.

Attachments

• Reforestation.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 26
SKI RESORT AND MARINA BUILDINGS FOR VP

upload_2022-5-24_18-22-48.png

upload_2022-5-24_18-21-27.png

Available at Atomic Theory. Mountain, Coast and Lake tiles become valuable.

Credits:
- Art and code: Gwennog and Internet pictures
- Current version : 1

Attachments

• Ski Resort and Marina Building for VP (v 1).7z
    159.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
What is the point of making them almost identical? I think they should be differentiated more than just boosting 3 different buildingclasses.

What is the point of making them almost identical? I think they should be differentiated more than just boosting 3 different buildingclasses.
The main interest and differentiation is that one derives benefits from :tourism: Tourism and :c5culture: Culture from the mountains while the other from the coasts and lakes. Both cannot be built in the same city.
I wanted two fairly identical buildings that take advantage of the land not yet exploited for tourism. With National Park, the forests, Jungle and marshes are exploited, the mountains and the coasts were missing.
But if you see more pronounced modifications to be made, all ideas are good to exchange :).

New Version of Cemetery

Remove the building needed especially that the Pinappledan mod Leugi's Israel for VP has access to it.

presentation V2.png

Available at Theology. Gives faith when units die.

Credits:
- Original idea and code: gwennog
- Art: Asterix Rage
- Current version: 2

Attachments

• Cemetery Building 4VP (v 2).7z
    70 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom