few questions about managing units

I understand thanks:) I am enjoying space so far, curious about interstellar content
maybe someone knows, what can be reason of massive fps drops? happening today, no matter what save I play, also in prehistoric era when starting new game (usually worked very smoothly) and even in unmodded civ4, it's like 2-3 fps now

didn't work this time, and I can't turn down pc or it won't turn on again:D so I must play with 1 fps, still so much fun with space colonisation:)
I am building solar trajectory from mercury venus and mars to moon and orbit, but how can I connect it to earth cities? should I just build solar trajectory on orbit and then build from there ocean tunnel which will connect north pole to my continent? will look funny:D

didn't work this time, and I can't turn down pc or it won't turn on again:D so I must play with 1 fps, still so much fun with space colonisation:)
I am building solar trajectory from mercury venus and mars to moon and orbit, but how can I connect it to earth cities? should I just build solar trajectory on orbit and then build from there ocean tunnel which will connect north pole to my continent? will look funny:D
Turning off/on game should work too

And, yes, you can build solar trajectory on Orbit - if Venus can trade with Solar System then Earth can too.

nice, it worked:) cosmic era now (I like music), interstellar collonies are fun, I am sometimes laughing when seeing graphics representations, like oasis for ocean planet, or fallout for brown dwarf, lovely:D although it's intuitive:)

about terraformed mars: terrain is changed to green but it seems like "green mars" terrain type and "terraform toward green mars" improvement, it is not possible to build any further improvements like forests or farms:) is it intended to work that way?

about routes, the only way of connecting space parts to earth continent was making tunnel through north pole up to orbital tiles, maybe it would be possible to add feature like "allows trade routes on coast/sea/ocean" similar as some earlier technologies like sailing?

earlier field of view was possible to change from 1 to 100, now it's 20 to 80, is it possible that I could do something wrong that I no longer have option of 100 field of view?

there is info when starting game to not use more than 20 civilizations or they may start in weird spots, anyone knows what spots could it be?:D I am curious

Last edited:
thanks! another question, is it possible to play with similar combat like it is in civ 6? I mean battles between units lasting rather several turns than one? I liked in civ 6 that units were not immediately deleted after loosing battle, but rather lost 20-40 hp per turn, it was more enjoyable to plan ahead what units are placed on tiles. However civ 5-6 seems to not have similar mod as caveman2cosmos and I was missing all this huge content so that I always came back to civ 4

and I reminded, is it possible to build forts or some other defensive buildings denser than every 3 tiles? in strategy games I usually enjoyed making walls which make terrain impassable for enemy units, but in civilization the only possibility of doing it was making defensive line from units rather than tile improvements

Last edited:
is it possible to play with similar combat like it is in civ 6?
Technically possible if you have an army with high withdrawal chance units... but not as in civ6, no. For one thing, the number of units expected in armies in this mod is, uh, considerably larger than civ6, and losing units from a stack is kinda analogous to the stack getting weakened over time. Could be possible to implement this, but... there are more pressing things to be done, as always :lol:
and I reminded, is it possible to build forts or some other defensive buildings denser than every 3 tiles? in strategy games I usually enjoyed making walls which make terrain impassable for enemy units, but in civilization the only possibility of doing it was making defensive line from units rather than tile improvements
This was recently adjusted after lengthy discussion. Towers can be used to fill in the gaps between forts to claim contiguous territory and have some defensive value, but not forts themselves.

Top Bottom