afpunk
goraemon
Robo Mike
Dreylin
Me (Codeboy)
Morred
trundle
goraemon

So, I'd think either vovan, afpunk or Robo Mike is up. And since you are already here Robo....... ;)

This game is open. Anyone can take this actually. I'm still leaving it up in the atmosphere as I'm not in the mood... wait, is it war? Ok fine. I'll take it.

Sorry but you will have to deal with the heartless TURNLOG peppered with some hearty COMMENTS!

Pre-turn
* I can't believe it. Whoever decided to build tons of Axemen is a genius.
* If I was following the current map, then I could've sworn this was a small Pangaea and the end of Tokugawa would be the end of the game. WRONG!
* BTW we need more workers.
Heliopolis finishes: War Chariot
Anasazi finishes: Worker

Turn 110 (125 BC)
Heliopolis begins: Axeman
Axeman promoted: City Raider II
Axeman promoted: City Raider II
* In this turn some rehabilitation and roading projects are happening around Ansanzi and Elephantine.
* I change Thebes to grow faster.
Thebes finishes: Axeman
Anasazi grows: 4

Turn 111 (100 BC)
Thebes begins: The Parthenon
* I start Parthenon on Thebes. It seems like the best idea at the moment.
Axeman promoted: Combat I
* We have visual on Kyoto. There seems to be a 'couple' of armies there. Axe fortifies on hill and promotes one star--I only hope Toku will suicide some people at him.

* Moving new units towards forward cities.
Tech learned: Alphabet
Memphis grows: 8
Memphis finishes: Axeman
Heliopolis grows: 7
Axeman defeats (2.30/5): Japanese Axeman
Axeman loses to: Japanese Axeman (5.00/5)
* IBT: Our axe on a hill takes out one of their axes but falls to the next one. Pretty good deal I say, since we have more than Toku does.

Turn 112 (75 BC)
Research begun: Mathematics
Memphis begins: Worker
* I grab the chariots and a couple of Axes from Tokyo, moving them to Kagoshima.
* I sense a lack of improvements around our cities.
Thebes grows: 6
Heliopolis finishes: Axeman

Turn 113 (50 BC)
Heliopolis begins: Axeman
Anasazi grows: 5

Turn 114 (25 BC)
Tokyo begins: Archer
* Toku offers peace for his Math. Since we are researching Math, I decline.
* Attacks begin at Kagoshima.
Axeman defeats (1.40/5): Japanese Archer
Axeman defeats (4.10/5): Japanese Spearman
Razed Kagoshima
* Kagoshima taken without a fuss. Two city raider 2 axes attack and no one dies.

* Farms are ordered around Ansanzi.
* We have free worker from Kagoshima battle, so moving him to Tokyo.
* Our remaining units which are not damaged get to continue across Japanese lands.
* We may be able to siege Tokyo next. Or maybe not...
Elephantine's borders expand
Elephantine finishes: Worker
Edo grows: 3

Turn 115 (0 AD)
Heliopolis finishes: Axeman
Anasazi finishes: Granary
* Units from Edo march to the southern city of Osaka. Units on North end move to top of hill and we can see Kyoto again, now with More Archers (tm) than ever before.
* How the battlefield looks like at the moment as I move troops to cities around Kyoto:

* Wow I take too many risks with small stacks, eh? I bet they will be enough to take/raze Toku's two border cities (not Kyoto of course), then we sue for peace, wait for Construction, re-declare then take out Kyoto with catapult support.

Turn 116 (25 AD)
Heliopolis begins: Courthouse
Anasazi begins: Courthouse
* I order courthouses around our empire. Upkeep is becoming deadly. Ansanzi and Heliopolis are the first to start.
* I actually start a farm on a grassland near Memphis. This is so that the corn is irrigated once we get Civil Service.
Memphis finishes: Worker

Turn 117 (50 AD)
Memphis begins: Library
* Worker comes out of Memphis. I turn on Avoid Growth at Memphis as we don't have enough happiness for more population there. Memphis starts on a lib.
* Memphis worker begins to connect wines nearby.
* Osaka and Satsuma seem to be lightly defended. However, I'm not taking any chances. I'll wait for the extra axeman from Edo.
Axeman promoted: City Raider III
* Hurt axeman at Tokyo picks up city raider 3 and heals.
Tech learned: Mathematics
Anasazi grows: 6
Tokyo's borders expand

IBT: Axeman defeats (1.40/5): Japanese Swordsman

Turn 118 (75 AD)
Research begun: Construction
* After Math, I pick up Construction so we can build cats to attack Tokyo after our planned peace treaty expires.
Axeman promoted: City Raider I
* Odds at Satsuma are not good since IBT a Swordie damaged one of our axes there. Medic axe now starts heal 1 turn.
How the battlefield looks like at the moment:

Turn 119 (100 AD)
Axeman promoted: Combat I
* I grab some City Raider promotions for Axemen near Osaka. A swordie has been recently added to its garrison but it looks like we have a good chance.
How the battlefield looks like at the moment:

* Just when the action is about to begin, my computer almost locks up from all the Photoshopping.
Axeman loses to: Japanese Archer (1.38/3)
Axeman defeats (1.70/5): Japanese Archer
Axeman defeats (1.00/5): Japanese Swordsman
Axeman defeats (0.25/5): Japanese Spearman
War Chariot defeats (2.90/5): Japanese Archer
Captured Osaka (Tokugawa)
* Not bad. Only one city raider axeman died.

* END SUCCESSION!
* One thing... OOPS! I left Ansanzi undefended and it's unhappy. However as you can see, the rehabilitation program around it is going well. I'm moving one of the chariots from the Osaka battle home. Please continue moving it.

Our empire is looking good in the domestic advisor...

Happy happy new year suggestions for the next player/s!
1. Move more Axemen to Satsuma and raze it. Then sue for peace (don't forget to add techs or gold).
2. Construction is due for a while, so catapults (elephants too if they can be afforded) are in order for the final attack against Kyoto when the treaty we're about to sign expires.
3. Must postwar reconstruction. More workers. More cottages. More courthouses.
4. Don't forget to move chariot to Ansanzi to keep people happy.
5. Maybe revolt to Hereditary Rule (we're Spiritual civ so no fuss but the only problem is the upkeep).
6. Galleys? We need to contact new civs and make good use of Alphabet soon.
7. Up to the discretion of next player, maybe forest chop the Parthenon.

Whoever takes it, you have a winning war on our hands. We may need to stall to finally take Kyoto. But that is a temporary setback.
:band:

Good luck, not that you'll need much!

[0] 100AD - We have sure come a long way since the last time I played. :) A peek at the demographics tab indicates we are doing pretty well so far. I, of course, intend to keep it that way.

[1] 125AD - Elephantine completes Granary. I have it start work on Barracks, because it has five hills around, and some really good production. It has the potential to be quite the military pump. :)

I use one of the axemen near Satsuma to kill off the Japanese mine guard. The iron will be pillaged next turn.

[2] 150AD - Egyptian Empire holds a million souls. Tokyo completes archer, starts another one. Also, Japanese swords kill off a chariot we had going into Japanese territory. The iron mine is pillaged. Troops approach Satsuma.

[3] 175AD - Satsuma is taken and destroyed without loss of any troops. In fact, our first attacker, even against bad odds, was not even scratched.

At this point, we are ready to sue for peace, even though Tokugawa has nothing to give us in return. I do so, especially since there are four Japanese axemen converging on Edo, which is only protected by an archer!

With the war over, I decide to look into strengthening our nation on the inside. :)

First of all, a Prophet has been born in Thebes. It turns out Heliopolis has no Jewish shrine, so I move the prophet there to remedy this problem.

[4] 200AD - Osaka comes out of rebellion. It is rich in food, so I have it start on a Granary to further promote growth. When its borders expand, it will also give us dyes.

I contact Caesar, but he won't give us anything... He has no state religion, however, so it would be great if we could get some of our prophets to him. :)

I also remember to finally look into the civics. I switch to Hereditary Rule, Caste System, and Organized religion. We really need to spread Judaism to more of our cities! As soon as Heliopolis and Memphis complete the courthouse and library respectively, I will turn them into missionary pumps. This turn also the holy shrine is built, so this will help our ailing finances, too.

[6] 250AD - Memphis completes library, starts on Jewish Missionary. Workers start chopping forest just outside Thebes’s radius, but it should go to Thebes any way.

[7] 275AD - Heliopolis completes courthouse, starts missionary. Edo completes granary, starts lighthouse. Japanese found Nara.

[8] 300AD - We get construction! Time to prep for another war with the Japanese, maybe? :) We start research on currency, because our current currency situation really needs some improvement. ;) Elephantine completes barracks, starts on a Galley, because we really need to do some exploration.

Forest chop gives 60 hammers to Thebes, cutting Parthenon ETA to 5 turns.

[9] 325AD - Memphis trains missionary, starts on another one. Ansazi builds courthouse. Wow, Ansazi is really a very strong city! At size 9, it has +6 food surplus, and that without even working any water tiles, since it doesn't have a lighthouse yet. But it is also having 16 shields of production, which isn't bad at all. I'm really torn as to what to start in the city next. :) After some deliberation, I decide to go for a galley. We need some fleet!

In other news, the shrine is starting to take effect! Judaism spreads on its own to Ansazi, the new Japanese city of Nara, and to the Greek capital Athens!

The Greeks don't have any religion yet, so they will probably switch next turn, which is good. :) We could use friends. :) Apparently Alexander doesn't like Caesar much, however, so we have a -4 trade with enemies for him. :(

[10] 350AD - The first missionary spreads Judaism to Thebes. Forest clearing gives more shields to Thebes, so Parthenon will be complete next turn, hopefully. :)

Alexander adopts organized religion, but doesn't switch to Judaism yet. Probably will next turn, as otherwise, what's the point of switching the civics.

That about does it for my turns. :)

Here's an overview of our nation in 350AD:

Here's the state of religion:

We should convert the remaining cities to Judaism. That's a free +4 gpt, right there. :) Plus other bonuses from civics.

I also suggest we should found one more city:

We already have sheep, but still it's a nice location fairly close to the capital, so it should be a nice city site. The pink dot is the suggested city location, and the yellow dots are existing sites. Optionally, can move it east one tile and found right on the sheep to avoid city radius overlap.

Also, we probably should get some more courthouses. We need 4 more for the forbidden palace, and I think once we take Kyoto, it would make a prime location for the FP.

Demographics:

Our GNP definitely needs improvement, we are only just about average! Currency should help out with that some.

Enjoy!

Vovan

Once Toku is taken care of we have the world to concentrate on commerce. We've got the biggest land and the biggest population among others, it seems only a matter of time before we dominate research as well. :)

Since this is moving along *ever* so quickly. I guess I can jump in and take 10 turns to move the game along. Got it

With my first foray into SGs, I decided the best path was to make sure I left the world more advanced and a bit more stable... I did ok. :goodjob:

Of course, any comments are more then welcome.

Turn 0
It all looks good. Hit Enter

Turn 1: 375 AD
Parthenon Completes!
Anasazi expands its borders
Alexander converts to Judaism
and Judaism spreads to Delhi
Not too shabby for a first turn (and I haven't done anything but hit enter!). Auspicious indeed.
I noticed we've got the Holy Shrine... but no temples. Seems almost sacreligious! Especially for a civ that gets double production on temples!
Thebes is set to build a temple.
Heliopolis completes a missionary and is tasked with building another temple.
Tokyo completes an archer (who is sent to Edo to firm up its defenses) and begins work on a courthouse (partial work until we can get a temple to push back on culture).

Turn 2: 400AD
Judaism spreads to Tokyo (thanks to our missionary from Heliopolis). With the arrival of religion, the citizens demand a temple of their own. Remember that Tokyo has 1 turn of hammers pending on a courthouse now.
Anasazi completes its Galley (which is sent to the east) and begins work on another temple.

Turn 3: 425AD
Mephis completes a missionary and begins on a temple (in hindsight would have been better to keep popping missionaries). This missionary will be picked up by our souther galley and will cross over to the Deep Dark Purple Land (Julius' backyard) to spread the faith.

Turn 4: 450AD
Peace deal with Tokuguoa expires
Alexander gets a deal: Cow for Marble.
Our glorious empire now contains 2 million people.
Judaism spreads to Neapolis all on its own.

Thebes completes Temple and begins work on a monastery to increase our research and overall holiness.
Heliopolis completes its temple and return to creating a missionary.
Eliphantine completes our second Galley and I order work to begin on the Great Lighthouse. We've got a good chunk of coastal cities and this will really get our income cranking. It will take a while tho (24 turns)...
Anasazi's temple completes and I line up a library to help our research speed up even faster.
Osaka completes its granary (thanks to a few jungle chops) and begins working on a lighthouse to help fill the granary.

Turn 5: 475AD
Julius Caesar happily converts to Judaism

I'm forced to do some MM on our cities as we're going to run our treasury dry. As it is I have to reduce the rate to 40% with a net income of +1 (treasury is at 7). Not great, thank god we're researching currency.

Turn 6: 500AD
Memphis completes its temple and return to Missionary duty.

Turn 7: 520 AD
A japanese culture pop/push (or possibly a city founding) causes our two western axemen to be suddenly relocated to the wine tile near Tokyo. Its ok, I have them cover a road expansion to just outside of Nara. No sense in our catapults having to slowdown in route!

Turn 8: 540AD
Heliopolis completes a missionary and the people clamor for the japanese taint to be removed. A catapult is begun.
Our Purple Land Missionary finally finds fertile ground and spreads the faith to Cumae. The Galley which helped him has continued westwards to explore the foreign coast.

Turn 9: 560 AD
Currency completes! A bit late, but our treasury is immeadiatly happier. Calendar is on tap as we can really benefit from it for insence. Alexander and Julius have this tech but are unwilling to trade it away. A backup might be optics to help with the ocean going upcoming. Only 1 turn of pent up research if the next person wants to change.
Anasazi completes its library and joins the war push by begining a catapult.

Turn 10: 580AD
Thebes completes its monastery and initiates the third catapult build.

Looking Back and Forward
Our research is going much better. Still only at 50%, but Calendar is due in 5 turns. Our treasury isn't the greatest, but with a little tweaking will be fine. We could save some upkeep by moving back to slavery from the medium upkeep caste system.
Alexander shows up as the most powerful civ with us just trailing, so be ready for him to get more pushy. Julius and Alex are both pretty happy with us, so we should be fine taking on the Japanese next turnset.
There's 1 missionary just outside of Edo, so after converting it there's two cities to go in our empire. One missionary is due to pop on the next person's first turn, so we're close.

What we've got going on now: cities.JPG

Demographics showing us now doing much better on GNP: Demographics.JPG

And the current view of the world: world.JPG

The save file for the next person:

View attachment 111374

Good turns there. :thumbsup: One comment I have though is I don't really see why you wanted to build so many temples. :) I don't think we can pull off a cultural victory, and it's not like we are having any unhappiness problems. Of course, this will come in helpful when we go to war again and war weariness hits, but for now, that seems not strictly necessary, unless I am missing something. :) Incidentally, one city does have unhappiness problems - Anasazi. I seem to recall moving a second defender there to quell the angry people, but it doesn't seem to be there any more. Remember, we aren't running hereditary rule for nothing. :) So as far as advice for the next player goes,

1. Move another defender (from Edo or Tokyo or something) to Anasazi to keep it happy.

On the religious front things are looking good. :) Good job converting Caesar to Judaism. But there are still three of our own cities that lack it, two Roman cities, and five Greek cities. So, I'd say

2. Keep pumping out those missionaries. Spread the religion in our lands, and then start shipping it off to the Greek / Roman isle.

Speaking of Greeks and Romans, these guys are at war, and have been for a long long time (they have -7 War Spoils Relationships modifier :eek: ). In fact, two of Greek cities are former Roman, so Alex is doing pretty well. :) It might benefit us to ask them to stop the war for now. First, when they are done warring, they won't hate each other's guts so much, and so trading with one won't spoil our own relationship with the other too much. But also, it won't do for us if Alex eliminates Caesar altogether (which I think he is bound to do if not stopped, judging by the power graph). He will then have that whole island to himself, much like we will ours when we are done with Tokugawa, and that means he might become as powerful as us. On the other hand, if they play nice now, we can make them do war again when it fits us in the future. They will wear each other down militarily, and that's when we come in and strike down whoever is on top with our superior forces. :hammer: So

3. It might be beneficial to ask Alex or Caesar to make peace with each other, if the price is not too high.

Also, please note the attached screenshot of Elephantine and the surroundings.

4. To help the Lighthouse build, chop the woods highlighted in the attached image, since those don't belong to any city and will go to Elephantine when chopped. Note that the northernmost highlighted forest will belong to the Pink Dot I posted after my turn, if somebody gets around to founding it. :) So Chop the three southern forests first and see if that isn't enough.

I think that's about all the commentary I have for now. :)

Vovan

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 203
Good points.

Interesting thought on the the Alex/Julius war. I'm always happy when my neighbors are warring as it means they aren't paying too much attention to me. Of note, I saw settlers for both Alex and Julius during my turns. None settled on our lands, but neither one is on full blown war settings yet.

Thanks for the feedback!

Took far longer than I had wanted on this... but here it is finally.:smoke:

IT- Nada, getting my bearings. Looks like Japan is almost done for, I'll make sure to build a few more units to take care of them with. Research is at 50%, defecit of 5 per turn, 11 in the bank, Calendar complete in 3 turns.

1st - Memphis Missionary>Cat, Helio Cat>Axe. Spead religion to Edo via Missionary someone already sent on his merry way. Some worker movement and not much else.

2nd - Anaszi Cat>Chichen Iza 15 turns I believe, forgot to write it down, will be done next turn set.

3rd - Memphis Cat>Courthouse, Osaka Lighthouse>Library; spread religion to Elephantine by Missionary. Helio Axe>Market. Alex comes asking for OB, no, not sure where everyone wants to go with diplomacy there.

4th - Calendar complete, send some workers to build a few Plantations, hook up Dyes and Incense which will boost temple happiness output. Set over for Drama to get Theaters and it's a cheap tech (5 turns). Thebes Cat>Courthouse. Great Lighthouse completed by someone who was not us, got 111 for our effort, however, cha ching.

5th - Nada, worker movement, troop movement.

6th - Edo Lighthouse>Axe

7th - Worker movement

8th - Same

9th - Drama done, selected Civil Service for Macemen, due in 15. Memphis Courthouse>Cat, Osaka Library>Rax.

10th - Moved Science back to 50% at no loss/no gain, 212 in the bank ands shaved 3 turns off of Civil Service (down to 10)

-IceLion

The save...

Start a theater in Memphis and Osaka to stop unhappyness. Cue another one in Anasazi to be started after the Chichen Izta completes. Get horseback and 50 gold from Alex fo alphabet. Make an open borders agreement with him.

840AD Start and cue some libraries.

860AD Start a settler to claim the sheep. Please build no land units in cities without racks.

980AD Trade rice for gold with Alex. We learn civil service and start music, revolt to bureaucracy. Heliopolis starts forbidden palace, Alexandria founded.

1000AD Homer is born in Thebes. I join him.

That was only 9, but we are in the rhythm now again.

Next please.

Attachments

• FFA1 AD-1000.zip
    192.5 KB · Views: 105
suggestion or thoughts for next couple turnsets? (ie where do folks think game is heading?)

Top Bottom