FFA01 - Free for all succession game

Seems like the immediate annihilation of Tokugawa, followed by the build up of our finances (including the spread of Judaism to Alexander) are some term goals. Anyone concur?

I forgot, Mr. Salad is also to the South of our island. Hopefully as Judaism spreads we can do some religious scouting and start mapping the southern areas. I'm sure there are more AIs out there to meet too :)

Likewise IceLion, thanks! Glad you picked up on that :)

Still having problems posting the turnlog. This time I copied it to my clipboard before trying to post! I'll try breaking it down into two chunks, maybe it is too big??

Pre Turn: 1000AD - Finish off Toku, spread Judasim further, spotted a fish and a clam that we can work for trade. I notice Alexander has Phalanx and two visible sources of Iron.

Turn 1: 1010AD -
Elephantine: Library -> Monestary
Osaka: Sword -> Sword
Edo: Barracks -> War Chariot
Corinth converts to Judaism!
Chop completes giving 31 hammers to Forbidden Palace

Turn 2: 1020AD -

Thebes: Galley -> Workboat
Memphis: Monestary
Anasazi: Chitzen Itza -> Theater

Turn 3: 1030AD -
2 forest chops complete. We have a metric buttload of workers sitting around and scratching their behinds :crazyeye:

Turn 4: 1040AD -
Music -> Metal Casting

Heliopolis: Forbidden Palace completes -> Monestary
Thebes: Workboat -> Workboat
Anasazi: Theater -> Monestary
A Great Artist Thespis is born in Thebes (from Music)! Not sure what to do with him at this point. Culture bomb? No. Discover Lit? A 2 turn tech. No.

Rome has been destroyed by Alexander!!

Turn 5: 1050AD -
Memphis: War Elephant
Heliopolis: Monestary -> War Elephant
Edo: War Chariot -> Theater
Osaka: Sword -> War Elephant

Unleash the dogs of war! Say your prayers Toku!! :mad:

OK, that seemed to work. Here is the second half:

Turn 6: 1060AD -
Thebes: Work boat -> Theater
Anasazi: Monestary -> Archer (to kill unhappiness in the city)

Turn 7: 1070AD -
Metal Casting -> Lit in 2 turns
Thebes: Theater -> Forge
Anasazi: Archer -> Forge

The Battle of Nara begins: Toku has a large force outside the city, time to take them out while they are in the open!

Turn 8: 1080AD -
Elephantine: Monestary -> Forge

Turn 9: 1090AD -
Literature -> Compass
Memphis: War Elephant -> Great Library (veto this if you'd like, seemed like a good place for it)
Edo: Theater -> Monestary
Use Thespis to discover Theology: I debate switching to Theocracy. We don't need the extra XP for our troops as Toku is about dead and we haven't made contact with any other civ that doesn't have our religion so we don't need to worry about the spread of other religions. So, I stick with Organized Religion to keep our build bonuses.

We take the city of Nara!

Judasim has been spread to Rome!

Turn 10: 1100AD -
Heliopolis: War Elephant -> Forge

Post Turn: Well, Tokugawa is on the ropes and surrounded. The next player should have no trouble taking him out. Our galleys have explored everywhere that they can at the moment. I think we should focus on Optics and getting our ships out there to meet new civs! Maybe build some settlers and missionaries to get ready for that. Also there is a spot on the Northern part of Alexander's continent that we could consider settling on (near the bronze on the hill). Do we want to let him have the continent to himself or not? We also have a few wonders we can build. Heroic Epic as well as Notre Dame. After the forges come in, consider building those.

Our religion is making us 15gpt. Keep it up! :goodjob:

NEXT!

Founding on Alex's continent might just incite him and/or give us a city that will be tough to defend in a war as it would have to be reinforced via sea route. SO unless that site can be turned into a hammer central... maybe not a great idea.

Defintly agree on needing to find the other civs out there. Lets get some seafaring going (not to mention trying to circumnavigate first...)

Yeah, probably best to stay on our continent. It would probably be better for us to focus on exploration and maybe finding some uninhabited lands to populate instead. We are way ahead in Tech on our side of the globe, but until we make contact with others, we won't really know!

Caravels here we come! :)

After looking at the save, several comments:

1. For the first turn, turn science rate up to 70% for one turn, so we can get compass in 1 turn, instead of 2.

2. Consider the area NW of Osaka. You'll notice our cultural borders are crossing an ocean and showing us more land to the west. That means our galleys can cross there. Do so, and explore the new lands, for the purposes of more settling area, or finding other civs.

3. Be patient attacking Kyoto - they probably founded another city in place of the one we razed to the NW, on the end of the peninsula, so you'll need more troops after you take Kyoto to deal the final blow to the Japs on our continent (they may have slipped off to another island, too).

4. On the topic of settling the Greek continent, I would say it depends on what kind of victory we want here. If we would like to go for something military, then definitely settle there. If we would like to instead go for something like diplomacy or space race, then might want to stay on our own continent.

Vovan

Good questions Vovan. I didn't see the cultural borders outside Osaka, nice pickup. As far as another Japanese city lurking in the shadows, that is a possibility. I did notice during the battle of Nara that they did have a Galley and a settler off the coast of Nara but I'm pretty sure they were both destroyed when I captured the city. I was trying to keep track of them and I don't think he went anywhere. But Toku probably built them for a reason, eh?

So, I know we have quite a few Galleys of our own that aren't tasked with anything except for maybe moving some missionaries over to the greeks, so send a few up toward Osaka.

As far as victory goals, do you think it is too early to tell yet? I mean, until we've met all the other civs? Since it looks like everyone else might be on their own continent it might be more difficult to invade them (depending on how far away they are of course).

Anyway, good thoughts. Who's going to take it next?!?! I'm anticipating the last dying breaths of Japan!! :)

Must.....see.....someone.....play................ :cry:

;)

IT- Ooooh, somebody left me lots of toys to play with:D ! Only two Cats though... oh well.:mischief:

1st 1110AD- Begin bombing Kyoto, not much else.

2nd 1120AD- Compass completes, begin research on Engineering, Hagia Sophia would be good for our workers:cool:.
Thebes completes Forge>Notre Dame, Anasazi Forge>Colossus, Tokyo Library>Rax and Nora begins Theater, do some chopping to help rush Notre Dame.

3rd 1130AD- Osaka-Ephelant>Courthouse, Alexandria-Lighthouse>Courthouse, continue to bomb Kyoto.

4th 1140AD- Can FINALLY attack Kyoto, costs us 1 Cat, 1 Sword and 2 Axe

5th 1150AD- Elephantine Forge>Harbor :sleep:

6th 1160AD- Great Artist born in Anasazi, left him there for someone else to play with.

7th 1170AD- Nagoya falls and...

Japan go BOOOM!!

8th 1180AD- Great Library done in Memphis>Forge, Heliopolis completes Forge>Theater, Anasazi completes Colossus>Harbor, Edo completes Monestary>Courthouse.

9th 1190AD- :sleep:

10th 1200AD- Heliopolis Theater>Colosseum and Nagoya begins Theater.

...To be cont...

Top Bottom