FfH for Civilization V

malcolm01234

Just A Grain Of Sand
When I played it on Civ IV, Fall from Heaven II was by far my favorite mod. For this reason I was wondering if anyone was going to make a new version of this mod for Civ 5. Can someone please get back to me on this?

There is no "official" version of Fall from Heaven planned for Civ V.

Ahwaric is planning to make a sequel to his FfH2-based Orbis mod, for Civ V. You can read more about Orbis 2 (and participate in the discussion if you like) in this thread: Future of Orbis - Civ5 incarnation discussion

I seem to recalling reading something about the Fall Further team working on a Civ V mod, but I believe that they are going to create their own world, rather than creating an Erebus-based sequel. I'm sure that they will come up with something very interesting, though, and am looking forward to trying it out.

I haven't heard must else on the topic, but I don't read everything so I'm sure I've missed news. Perhaps others better informed can fill in the gaps I've left.

I seem to recalling reading something about the Fall Further team working on a Civ V mod, but I believe that they are going to create their own world, rather than creating an Erebus-based sequel.

Are you referring to Eden? From the RiFE team, I believe.

The "Master of Mana" project is basically v 9.0 of the Wildmana modmod. But it's got enough big changes (AI, magic system) that I've found myself thinking of it as the sequel to FfH2.

When I played it on Civ IV, Fall from Heaven II was by far my favorite mod. For this reason I was wondering if anyone was going to make a new version of this mod for Civ 5. Can someone please get back to me on this?

I doubt there will be any direct successor to FfH; Kael would not be involved, as he is on Elemental now, and from what I've seen the various modmodders prefer to move on to their own settings; Spiritual successors at best.

However, there are several fantasy mods planned.

There is no "official" version of Fall from Heaven planned for Civ V.

Ahwaric is planning to make a sequel to his FfH2-based Orbis mod, for Civ V. You can read more about Orbis 2 (and participate in the discussion if you like) in this thread: Future of Orbis - Civ5 incarnation discussion

I seem to recalling reading something about the Fall Further team working on a Civ V mod, but I believe that they are going to create their own world, rather than creating an Erebus-based sequel. I'm sure that they will come up with something very interesting, though, and am looking forward to trying it out.

I haven't heard must else on the topic, but I don't read everything so I'm sure I've missed news. Perhaps others better informed can fill in the gaps I've left.

Actually, it's not the Fall Further team exclusively. It is a mix of the Fall Further team, and the Rise from Erebus team, consisting of myself, Grey Fox, Opera, Xienwolf, and Warkirby.

Are you referring to Eden? From the RiFE team, I believe.

The "Master of Mana" project is basically v 9.0 of the Wildmana modmod. But it's got enough big changes (AI, magic system) that I've found myself thinking of it as the sequel to FfH2.

Eden is a mix of the two teams. ;)

I heard that FfH was going to become its own game instead of being a mod of Civ.

That's shot at the moment. (See the "future of Fall from Heaven" thread in this forum for details.)

Top Bottom