FfH version: 1.10g

Another thing: Ancient Forests are still incompatible with Guardians of Nature. Quite annoying to see your cities descend into unhappiness as the woodlands grow.

I've mentioned it before, but you can recruit units and still rush build with a Commander. Shouldn't it be either/or?

Corlindale said:
Another thing: Ancient Forests are still incompatible with Guardians of Nature. Quite annoying to see your cities descend into unhappiness as the woodlands grow.

This will be fixed in the next version, thanks Corlindale.

woodelf said:
I've mentioned it before, but you can recruit units and still rush build with a Commander. Shouldn't it be either/or?

At first I was thinking the ability to do both was a good thing, but on further thought I think you are right and I will change it.

For the Barbarian trait (Doviotelli were in one of my games eradicaded by the barbs so i think the trait is not working as intended. I ssupekt it is related to the attack barb city function)

so you may want to change in CvUnits.cpp
Code:
// Returns true if a mission was pushed...
bool CvUnitAI::AI_targetBarbCity()
{
    PROFILE_FUNC();

CvCity* pLoopCity;
    int iI;

if (isBarbarian() [b][color=red]|| has this units owner TRAIT_BARBARIAN?[/color][/b])
    {
        return false;
    }
i hope that keeps the Dovi-AI from making war with the barbs...

I found an unprotected city for the Balseraphs. Perpentach had just declared war on me 3 turns prior.

Let me know if you need a savegame for some reason.

Chalid said:
Can you drop a saboteur via worldbuilder into that city and look what he is building?

My civ's saboteur? I've never investigated an AI city before so I'm a noob.

Can we increase the propensity of pearls? I just saw some for the first time ---- ever!

Chalid said:
Woodelf you will only see Pearls when you start with a seafaering civ (Lanun). So you wont see them in other games and it is not surprising that you saw them only once.

Damn, I like pearls. Trouble was, there were none near my civ! :)

I think this pic says it all.

I'm not sure if that small lake needs a Pirate! :p

woodelf said:
I think this pic says it all.

I'm not sure if that small lake needs a Pirate! :p

Hmm... no easy way to fix that. Technically its perfically valid to build a ship there. I could do a check that makes sure there are X amount of water plots within 2 tiles before it allows ships to be built. Or we may allow this. Hmm. Is this the AI doing it or a human player?

That's me. :D

I saw the pirate option so I started it for the screenie. I hope the AI wouldn't do that.

edit - If the ship could bombard that would be different and maybe useful to have in a lake....

Hmm when the ship is DOMAIN_SEA the code should prevent you from building it (as it prevents you from building other ships as well) maybe there is something wrong with the UnitInfo of the Priate?

Edit as long as that Sea is actually a sea and not an ocean (ocean > 10 tiles...)

Can you built other ships as well?

Chalid said:
Hmm when the ship is DOMAIN_SEA the code should prevent you from building it (as it prevents you from building other ships as well) maybe there is something wrong with the UnitInfo of the Priate?

Edit as long as that Sea is actually a sea and not an ocean (ocean > 10 tiles...)

Can you built other ships as well?

Let me check, brb.

edit - Just the Pirate. Maybe since it's the UU?

Chalid said:

I think it just keeps you from building ships if there isnt any connected water tiles. In Woodelfs example there is a connected water tile. The game doesn't check to see if that tile is open to the "ocean" or if it is inland.

I assume the AI weights on the amount of water tiles in the fat cross or some such because it doesnt seem to have a problem with this.

I let the city finish the pirate just for the pic. I should have simply used WB, but oh well... Maybe he can generate tourist income? ;)

Check the edit to Woodelves post. actually he cannot built other ships. I'll take a look into the code to try to understand it.
Spoiler Code :

Code:
if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
        {
            bValid = false;

for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; iI++)
            {
                pLoopPlot = plotDirection(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), ((DirectionTypes)iI));

if (pLoopPlot != NULL)
                {
                    if (pLoopPlot->isWater())
                    {
                        if (pLoopPlot->area()->getNumTiles() >= GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getMinAreaSize())
                        {
                            bValid = true;
                            break;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

if (!bValid)
            {
                return false;4
            }
        }

I found the bug!

GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getMinAreaSize() defines how big the sea must be to built that unit. If it is 1 or 0 you can built it in one of those seas.
so check the <iMinAreaSize> of the pirate and compare it to the caravel or whatever

Awesome, I'll get it changed, thanks! :D

Top Bottom