FfH version: 1.10g

Chalid said:
For the Barbarian trait (Doviotelli were in one of my games eradicaded by the barbs so i think the trait is not working as intended. I ssupekt it is related to the attack barb city function)

so you may want to change in CvUnits.cpp
Code:
// Returns true if a mission was pushed...
bool CvUnitAI::AI_targetBarbCity()
{
    PROFILE_FUNC();

CvCity* pLoopCity;
    int iI;

if (isBarbarian() [b][color=red]|| has this units owner TRAIT_BARBARIAN?[/color][/b])
    {
        return false;
    }
i hope that keeps the Dovi-AI from making war with the barbs...

Its working okay in test. One of the Doviello leaders (Charadon) has the barbarian trait, the other (Mahala) doesn't. So if Mahala was the leader it would make sense.

No one is seeing any more multiple Orthus's with 1.10g are they?

Multiple Orthus? We saw 3 in our SG. I think I had multiple in my last game, but only because his axe was changing hands so often there had to be more then 1.

No one is seeing any more multiple Orthus's with 1.10g are they?

i think i did but I am not 100% positive if it was with 110g or 110f. So assume we do not (at least if you changed someting). If there are we will hear it soon enough. It seemed the time that the Ai actually built Orthus so i assumed there was a problem with the WorldUnit thing. So just for my curiosity: what did you actually change?

Ah that with the one barbarian leader makes sense, i thought both were. Should have not trusted my memory it seems.

Oops. Was that SG with 3 of them for 1.10f? My bad.

I haven't seen multiple in 1.10g then, but it seems fishy.

Chalid said:
i think i did but I am not 100% positive if it was with 110g or 110f. So assume we do not (at least if you changed someting). If there are we will hear it soon enough. It seemed the time that the Ai actually built Orthus so i assumed there was a problem with the WorldUnit thing. So just for my curiosity: what did you actually change?

Ah that with the one barbarian leader makes sense, i thought both were. Should have not trusted my memory it seems.

In 1.0 the mod force spawns Orthus on the appropriate turn. Its okay but its code and doesn't really make much sense to write a special function for. In FfH2 Orthus is just a civ hero that only costs 1 to build.

My theroy is that that cost is so low that multiple cities build him before the check comes around to note that hes unique (building him out of overflow or wahtever). To try to fix it I put his cost up to 25. Still low but big enough that cities won't be able to build him with overflow.

As I look at it I noticed I didnt fix it until 1.10h, so I wouldnt be surprised to see it in 1.10g.

That makes much clear for me, and actually that is not a as good idea as you think. Why you ask?

The AI mostly builds him as defensive unit when he is buildable in cities (yes even if his standard UNIT_AI is UNITAI_ATTACK and all others are not set) Why? It as first starts the most powerfull unit it will start with orthus in a new city, and as there are no defenders in a newly founded city it will built orthus as a defensive Unit. Becuase the first unit always get UNITAI_CITYDEFENSE.
So he will just sit in the city that built him and never go on attack.

Solutions would be spawn him as in 1.0 (i would actually prefer this for orthus as you otherwise could cultivate him (leaving barbarian cities in your surrounding) or make sure he never gets near (when you always destroy barbarians).

But that actually not only a problem of Orthus but of some other AI Heros as well. So you might want to set all units with the Hero promotion on their predifined UNIT_AI when they are built.

Chalid said:
Some code seems to block galleys (and i assume other ships as well) from entering cities. This might be correlated to the changes you did for the Pirate grove.

Right you are, i'll get it fixed.

Chalid said:
That makes much clear for me, and actually that is not a as good idea as you think. Why you ask?

The AI mostly builds him as defensive unit when he is buildable in cities (yes even if his standard UNIT_AI is UNITAI_ATTACK and all others are not set) Why? It as first starts the most powerfull unit it will start with orthus in a new city, and as there are no defenders in a newly founded city it will built orthus as a defensive Unit. Becuase the first unit always get UNITAI_CITYDEFENSE.
So he will just sit in the city that built him and never go on attack.

Solutions would be spawn him as in 1.0 (i would actually prefer this for orthus as you otherwise could cultivate him (leaving barbarian cities in your surrounding) or make sure he never gets near (when you always destroy barbarians).

But that actually not only a problem of Orthus but of some other AI Heros as well. So you might want to set all units with the Hero promotion on their predifined UNIT_AI when they are built.

Hmm.. your probably right, let me chew on it.

I can finally confirm multiple Orthus' in 1.10g. The axe changed hands off-screen and the next turn another one appeared on my borders.

Can you check the summon Djinn once more. I had several strange effects with them like (not sure which Version f or g but i just remembered it when reading the spells in the FfHII thread): City attack +232368236%, 9 movement points, range of vision 34 tiles and so on. It looks like the unit-instance is not correctly initialized sometimes. May be correlated to your giving random spells or whatever.

Chalid said:
Can you check the summon Djinn once more. I had several strange effects with them like (not sure which Version f or g but i just remembered it when reading the spells in the FfHII thread): City attack +232368236%, 9 movement points, range of vision 34 tiles and so on. It looks like the unit-instance is not correctly initialized sometimes. May be correlated to your giving random spells or whatever.

Will do, thanks. Hes probably being handed a promotion that no longer exists.

Kael said:
As I look at it I noticed I didnt fix it until 1.10h, so I wouldnt be surprised to see it in 1.10g.

I certainly had him reappear on me in 1.10g (same savegame as the Yavin save you'll see him guarding a Barb city to my west, however, you'll also see a Doviello unit running around with his Axe).

Chalid said:

Damn, I need to get me one of those!

Ah, shame. But it suddenly occured to me that a cool summoning spell could be one that summons a random strength demon, from very low to the most powerful summonable creature around. Make it a second tier spell and see what people do with it, and make it the only way to possibly summon the strongest summonable unit, so taking the chance is an interesting proposition.

wilboman said:
Ah, shame. But it suddenly occured to me that a cool summoning spell could be one that summons a random strength demon, from very low to the most powerful summonable creature around. Make it a second tier spell and see what people do with it, and make it the only way to possibly summon the strongest summonable unit, so taking the chance is an interesting proposition.

The problem with random results is that they encourage players to save and reload until they get a result they like, which is never fun.

Top Bottom