FfH2 0.12 Cosmetic Issues:

evanb said:
Sid's Tip for the Pyramids says the wonder enables all Government civics.

I still think it shouldn't be Labour civics. Since you can now change the AI's behaviour, they won't nessesarly go for Republic (I'm pretty sure that was the issue with Pyramids when it was changed around 0.9)

Edit: I found the post.
Leitmotif said:
0.9 is working splendedly, but the more i play it the more this Pyramid thing is getting on my nerves. Figured i would bring up a suggestion to fix it, unless you are really dead set on keeping it the same way. Take it or leave it.

*The* most annoying thing in this mod is when a computer opponent completes the Pyramids. They automatically switch to "Republic", and people in my cities instantly become unhapppy. This can happen as fast as 60 turns into the game, and i have between 1-5 unhappy faces to deal with until the end of time. Playing on Emperor and above with this is nearly unbearable, as without a ton of luxuries, you have to stunt the growth on your cities just because a neighboring civ completed a wonder. I would suggest a few things.
Either...

-Remove the unhappy faces penalty for civs without republic.

I know you want to pressure people to changing to republic as the game enters the late stages, but having the Pyramids enable a quick Republic just makes things absurdly hard.

OR

-Completely re-do the Pyramids wonder, and while doing so change the type of civic line it opens up, as well as the name of the wonder. For example, we could have a wonder much like the Pyramids that did a slightly different thing.

"The Granite Spade"
COST: 450
CULTURE: +6
GREAT ENGINEER: +2
Enables all LABOUR civics
More likely to generate great engineer
Double production speed with stone

I'll even write a pedia entry for you if you want.

That's just off the top of my head, but everything matches the discription of the pyramids besides the name and the civics it enables. This would really be a good fix to implement, because having unhappy faces most of the game that you can do nothing about until you actually get Constitution really sucks.

Some of the Civics' descriptions are out of date, especially the ones which appear in the "You've got access to a new civic" popup window, which still include bits from the vanilla text.

Oh, and the Cultist's description still refers to the Priest of the Overlords.

Is it just me who sees a big gap at the start of Sid's tips?

Sid's Tips: " . . . . The Cultist ..." (dots added because the board won't display a gap)

BeefontheBone said:
Some of the Civics' descriptions are out of date, especially the ones which appear in the "You've got access to a new civic" popup window, which still include bits from the vanilla text.

Oh, and the Cultist's description still refers to the Priest of the Overlords.

Is it just me who sees a big gap at the start of Sid's tips?

Sid's Tips: " . . . . The Cultist ..." (dots added because the board won't display a gap)

I fixed the priests and the gap is because I have a tab in there, I will remove them as I go through them. Thanks Beefonthebone.

When I brought up the diplo screen for Varn Gosam of the Malakim, the caption read "Greetings again, Ethne. As ever, your presence brings light to our lands. What can [OUR_PEOPLE] do for you?"

YNCS said:
When I brought up the diplo screen for Varn Gosam of the Malakim, the caption read "Greetings again, Ethne. As ever, your presence brings light to our lands. What can [OUR_PEOPLE] do for you?"

K, fixed, thanks.

The male shemain leader (tr** thingy, forgot his name) has a square in the text when he accepts a deal to trade ressources...

Frozen-Vomit said:
The male shemain leader (tr** thingy, forgot his name) has a square in the text when he accepts a deal to trade ressources...
Cool, I will fix it, thanks.

Nikis-Knight said:
The archery range and stable icons should be switched (the stable has targets, the range a joust)

The icons are actually correct though your not the first person to confuse the two (its hard to see the details). What you are seeing as targets in the stables pictures are horses butts. Those "jousting lanes" in the archery pic is the firing range field.

And could there be a pop-up whenever a dragon is killed? Or at least the barb one.

I will see about adding adding one for Acheron.

I'm sure you've noticed, but the descriptive mouseover text for techs which enable promotions list the promotion's benefit rather than saying they enable it (Warfare says "+40% city attack", for instance).

BeefontheBone said:
I'm sure you've noticed, but the descriptive mouseover text for techs which enable promotions list the promotion's benefit rather than saying they enable it (Warfare says "+40% city attack", for instance).

Yeah, thats a vanilla civ thing. Really weird, makes you think all your units are going to get that ability.

Kael said:
The icons are actually correct though your not the first person to confuse the two (its hard to see the details). What you are seeing as targets in the stables pictures are horses butts. Those "jousting lanes" in the archery pic is the firing range field.

I thought my horses looked sore... :mischief:

Einion Logos' pedia entry has some squares instead of apostrophes.
Oh, and the last sentece has something like "with whom I had to little time"; shouldn't that be "too little"?

Frozen-Vomit said:
divine right has some squares in it's quote.
Uhm, yeah, I'm afraid you'll find them everywhere. For some reason the Pedia has trouble handling apostrophes... I've started trying to write texts without them, which is trickier than you'd imagine.

Top Bottom