FfH2 0.16 Bug Thread

Endovior said:
Infrequently (but persistently), the minimap in the corner goes all strange.

Like so...

EDIT: On reflection, the picture looks sorta like Orthus, who just appeared... possible connection?

Do you by some chance alt + tab out of Civ often? I've read that doing that too much can cause a visual corruption of the screen and things like units appearing in the minimap could happen.

Here's an example of another:

It's a regular Civ problem.

Gamestation said:
Do you by some chance alt + tab out of Civ often? I've read that doing that too much can cause a visual corruption of the screen and things like units appearing in the minimap could happen.

Here's an example of another:

It's a regular Civ problem.

Only when I'm playing while posting here :D

That being said, I'll keep an eye on the Alt-Tabbing from now on.

its been brought up a couple times in the thread but no one has addressed it really
playing patch 'c' after around turn 398 - the computer turns get longer and longer (it seems exponentially, like from 30 secs to 3 mins to over 10 min and then i have to hard reset)

i installed the game to mygames/sidmeier blah blah/ mods
and i installed the patch to the firaxis/mods folder
is this right?

heres a save without the python enabled (sorry)

didolover said:
its been brought up a couple times in the thread but no one has addressed it really
playing patch 'c' after around turn 398 - the computer turns get longer and longer (it seems exponentially, like from 30 secs to 3 mins to over 10 min and then i have to hard reset)

i installed the game to mygames/sidmeier blah blah/ mods
and i installed the patch to the firaxis/mods folder
is this right?

heres a save without the python enabled (sorry)

No they should both be installed in the 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods' directory.

I played a game as the Doviello, and as the Ljosfar.

In both games, I found a way to improve the Hill Giants you get through the Pact. The Doviello up them with weapon improvements, Mithral ups them to strength 10, and the ritual Nature's Revolt gives them another +1.

I like this. If it's a bug, it would make a great feature.

Could all the civs improve the Hill Giants at a forge?

As it is, it feels like a bug, but a fun one.

It's all about tradeoffs. Sure, the mutation tradeoff is a random chance instead of a calculated decision, but it's still a tradeoff. That, and 12 strength hidden nationality hill giants sound fun.

The AI seems to give no value to ancient temple resources. If I trade for one and ask them what they want for it, they always give it to me for free.

I did a quick search for this one and didn't find it. When you have selected the "Sort units vertically" PLE button, hawks disappear when loaded onto rangers. I think it's because the cargo check in the PLE code was removed/changed.

Also, is there a reason that I cannot build libraries even though I have writing? Is it because I'm Doviello?

- Niilo

*A unit standing outside an expanding border, wont get the homeland promotion until it moves.

Edit:

*Can't see the northmost plots when you have a third city ring.

*Cottage on silk resource shows up as larger than a town.

In the games I have played, I am 100% certain that the AI is not building work boats, even the lanun. I went into the world builder to check their techs, and most do have fishing. I spread the tech to all of those who did not, but after 100 more turns it still made no difference. I then went into the world builder and placed two falamar-owned work boats over 2 sea resources next to Falamar's capital and watched, and he seems to have disbanded them.

I am now on turn 268 of an epic speed, emperor level game and looking at the world builder, I am the only person with any fishing nets on any sea resources.

I don't think it is actually possible to build (upgrade to) the archmage or summoner units. I have several mages and conjurers who are level 7+ and the option to upgrade has never shown up. Is there something else that is required beyond the relevant tech and appropriately experienced unit?

I have attached the save file from my latest game for you to check out.

Need to be in your borders, and you need reagents - I expect the latter is your problem.

Take a Great Commander:
Select all units on tile - add commander.
Next turn split commander from each unit!

You have developed a Great Commander generator!! How many would you like? Well keep attaching and splitting from groups and you can have as many as you want!

Top Bottom