FfH2 0.16 Bug Thread

In XML? :confused:

In LeaderHeadInfos.xml I only see a setting for Unit AI weighing. Eg 100 pillage AI weight.

Sorry, your right.

Found a bug in the immortal promotion. Or I think it's not intended.

With the immortal promotion, if a unit gets banished (3rd level death divine spell) or gets their transport sunk from under them, they will not respawn as they seem to not have "died" according to the game, and are simply lost. Much to my dismay, when I lost Eurabartes while partaking on a naval invasion of my strongest foe. (Multiplayer game)

Found a bug in the immortal promotion. Or I think it's not intended.

With the immortal promotion, if a unit gets banished (3rd level death divine spell) or gets their transport sunk from under them, they will not respawn as they seem to not have "died" according to the game, and are simply lost. Much to my dismay, when I lost Eurabartes while partaking on a naval invasion of my strongest foe. (Multiplayer game)

I can understand being ticked off about having one's ship sunk under them and not being reborn, but the side-effect of the Banish spell... heh, I like it.

Yeah, the banish spell is almost understandable... but losing a fleet of over 20 ships, carrying almost 40 immortal troops (of which 4 were heroes) it was quite a blow. The only reason I put such troops, mostly national units and high magic users, was because I thought it was a no risk investment.

bPrereqBonuses (from the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file) does not work correctly for ground units.

from CvCity::canUpgrade
Code:
	if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).isPrereqBonuses())
	{
		if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
		{
			bValid = false;

for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; iI++)
			{
				pLoopPlot = plotDirection(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), ((DirectionTypes)iI));

if (pLoopPlot != NULL)
				{
					if (pLoopPlot->isWater())
					{
						if (pLoopPlot->area()->getNumTotalBonuses() > 0)
						{
							bValid = true;
							break;
						}
					}
				}
			}

if (!bValid)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
		else
		{
			if (area()->getNumTotalBonuses() > 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
	}
This means that a ground unit with bPrereqBonuses set to true in an area with one or more bonuses will fail this function. This is exactly the opposite behavior of sea units. I would change the last if statement above to:
Code:
			if (area()->getNumTotalBonuses() == 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
	}

I don't know if thisis a bug ot not, but i was playing as the Sheim, againsy Kuriotates (and some insignificant others), and i founded the cult, and spread it to Juriotates cities, to reap the benifites of having them produce units that i may be able to convert with Abashi. they built eurobatres, and he ended up with the cult of dragon promotion. i brought abashi over, and Voila, i had two immensly powerful units... shouldn't dragons be immune to conversion because of the cult of the dragon?

Heh. That's hilarious :) I reckon dragons and some other things'll be blocked from getting religion promotions in Fire.

Hello. I am having a weird problem lately that has me stumped. I tried to find a similiar problem but I had trouble searching.

Anyway, for some reason my Adventurers won't gain more than 100xp. I can't explain it. If anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it that would be great.

Free xp from the hero promotion stops at 100.
As does xp from fighting barbarians.

Upgrade the adventurer to something that can fight and go start a war with your neighbor. A 100xp hero unit should be able to clean up unless you are too far behind in technology.

Hello. I am having a weird problem lately that has me stumped. I tried to find a similiar problem but I had trouble searching.

Anyway, for some reason my Adventurers won't gain more than 100xp. I can't explain it. If anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it that would be great.

AlazkanAssassin is right. But he didnt explain why.

You see, this small limitation prevents heros and other units from becoming "too experianced". As any unit gains experiance, it gains awareness, and there is a point at which it can reach critical mass, and become self-aware.

It's a glitch in the system - free will, so to account for it, the Arcitect, Kael, had to institute a level of choice, even if it was merely on the subconcious level, he then added the prevention of naturally expanding beyond 100 exp without engaging in civ to civ combat, because at least in those scenarios the unit is more likely to die.

The last time The Chosen One, awoke, it caused a lot of problems, after this, the limitation was implemented.

-Qes

Free xp from the hero promotion stops at 100.
As does xp from fighting barbarians.

Upgrade the adventurer to something that can fight and go start a war with your neighbor. A 100xp hero unit should be able to clean up unless you are too far behind in technology.

Yes that is the odd part. My melee units won't level no matter what I do. I upgraded an assassin to a shadow and that shadow was stuck at 100xp, I killed and killed and he didn't get xp at all. I built a shadow in my capital and was able to get him to 125ish xp in no time, passing the 300 turn old branding.

It should be noted that my adventurers that upgrade in the magic path are able to xp past 100. Just not melee units...

Weird.

If the melee units are fighting barbarians they will not gain any xp from it over 100.
They need to fight with the units of another civilization to gain more after that (or have the raider trait, or a great commander attached)
the magic adventurers continue to get xp because the xp that every mage slowly generates does not have a hard cap.

If the melee units are fighting barbarians they will not gain any xp from it over 100.
They need to fight with the units of another civilization to gain more after that (or have the raider trait, or a great commander attached)
the magic adventurers continue to get xp because the xp that every mage slowly generates does not have a hard cap.

Don't forget the Valor spell. Spirit 1, right? That also lets them break the 100 xp cap.

Thank you, I will give this a try.

Wow.. I cant believe I never knew Valor did that. What about that Death spell that increases XP gain?

It also only helps with the auto arcane xp gain, not xp gain from killing something.

bPrereqBonuses (from the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file) does not work correctly for ground units.

from CvCity::canUpgrade
Code:
	if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).isPrereqBonuses())
	{
		if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
		{
			bValid = false;

for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; iI++)
			{
				pLoopPlot = plotDirection(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), ((DirectionTypes)iI));

if (pLoopPlot != NULL)
				{
					if (pLoopPlot->isWater())
					{
						if (pLoopPlot->area()->getNumTotalBonuses() > 0)
						{
							bValid = true;
							break;
						}
					}
				}
			}

if (!bValid)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
		else
		{
			if (area()->getNumTotalBonuses() > 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
	}
This means that a ground unit with bPrereqBonuses set to true in an area with one or more bonuses will fail this function. This is exactly the opposite behavior of sea units. I would change the last if statement above to:
Code:
			if (area()->getNumTotalBonuses() == 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}
	}

Im about 500 miles away from the mod right now. But when I get back I'll check this out. Thanks!

Top Bottom