• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.20 Bug Thread

1. Sacrificing Corlindale for peace halves the Armageddon Count.

Nice. Corlindale firms up his case for Coolest National Hero. :thumbsup:

Big bug, if you change your capital and have immortal units when they die they won't respawn at your new capital, lost hyborem this way.

Started a game using patch c, then upgraded to patch f when it was released. Playing as sheiam on a pangae map.

Possible bug (or lack of understanding from my part)

1) When I summon an imp with a ritualist, I noticed the imp has a "free promotion" promotion the turn it is summoned. When the next turn start, the imp now has a few spell sphere promotion available. However, the list seems random from an imp to another, is this normal behavior?

2) At some point during my game, I didn't noticed what turn it occured, all of my plantation improvements just disappeared. Is there an even that triggers this? This occured empire wide, at the same time. There is no way this could have been done by raiders (I would have noticed).

3) Infernal are way too timid when they are summoned. In my game, they just wandered around for 10-15 turns. However, they had enough units to easily conquer 1 city from a good civ near their summoning zone.

Game balance / feature feedback

1) There is a lot of discussion on hell going on. Right now, hell terrains are crippling the economy of civs (except infernal, I think) with veil religion. This seems a little harsh in its current form. Long term, only the infernal are benefiting from this. Is this intented? By summoning the infernal, you have to deal with Basium and possibly the infernal (who may turn on you if you're not strong enough), and now you have to add the fact that your terrain are slowly rotting.

If hell is a corrupting force, then corrupt my civ all the way. Give me a civic that allows me to exploit hell terrain. Balance the civic by giving some penalty on non-hell terrain. This way, I now have a choice: at some point it may be worthwhile for my civ to switch to this civic because most of my empire is now corrupted by hell.

2) Possible new spell

How about a spell that is linked to veil religion, that transform a normal terrain into a hell terrain. A variation of the defile spell perhaps?

Darthcycle:
1-All Imps and Djinn when summoned have a chance at a a few random spell spheres. If you have the summoner trait, imps, since they are infernal versions of adepts, get a free promotion the next turn, which can be chosen from any mana you have.
2-Blight, level 40, and it happened to everyone, not just you.
3-Yeah.
1-There will be new improvements or terrain for hell at some point. For now though, the sacrifice the weak civic should allow you to cope. I don't know what will end up happening to flood plains.

Two bugs about barbarian trait

If you set it to always war the barbarians will ignore your trait
If you set your unit to automatic explore they will attack any nearby barbarians without declaring war on them while exploring

Two bugs about barbarian trait

If you set it to always war the barbarians will ignore your trait
If you set your unit to automatic explore they will attack any nearby barbarians without declaring war on them while exploring

Also, in a game with the Orcs, i attacked wolves to gain worg riders with my goblins, but to do so I had to declare war against BArbs. And there are no ways that I know about to go back to peace with them.

So if you want worg riders, you have to almost drop your Barb trait.

Also, in a game with the Orcs, i attacked wolves to gain worg riders with my goblins, but to do so I had to declare war against BArbs. And there are no ways that I know about to go back to peace with them.
No, when the option to declare war comes up, say "No, Let's reconsider" You'll still attack the animal, but be at peace with barbarians in general.

No, when the option to declare war comes up, say "No, Let's reconsider" You'll still attack the animal, but be at peace with barbarians in general.

Awesome!

i think there should be a game manual somewhere in the futur.
There are so many things to know that aren't in the civilopedia that its easy to miss some important issues.

And this forum is becoming so large that looking through the pages isn't an option.

long time lurker, first time poster.

would like to second what someone said a few pages ago, although i don't see it addressed in any of the patches. the weaponsmiths granted from building caminus aureus do not provide a mithril upgrade.

long time lurker, first time poster.

would like to second what someone said a few pages ago, although i don't see it addressed in any of the patches. the weaponsmiths granted from building caminus aureus do not provide a mithril upgrade.

From patch "e":

7. Free weaponsmiths granted by Caminus Aureus will now correctly grant weapon upgrades.

started a game and switched to infernal when I discovered ashen veil game went fine untill I reached the armageddon clock went over 100... it was at 99 and I razed an order city putting it at 101 the first time it went right to the desktop as soon as I razed the city so I loaded an autosave a few turns back razed it again and got something like 20 manes then as soon as I ended my turn it crashed again. is this a normal problem or should I post the saved game?
ok the errors were as follows

File "CvEventInterface",line 24 in onEvent
File "CvFFHSpellsEventManager",line 78 in handleEvent
File "CvFFHSpellsEventManager",line 89 in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEventManager",line 1811 in onUnitKilled

as far as the saved game goes I cannot post it as it is over 500 Kb if you would like I could e-mail it or something

Two issues, one this python error when trying to select two sects of flies at once using ctrl click:
Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG
Second, I can give you a save game, but tradding resources as Hyborem with my old self is bugged. I click on my iron and it is immediately removed, ditto the mana. I can trade with Tsunke alright, though.

There's something strange about hidden nationality and ships. Your pirates can enter opponents cities only when you have open borders signed with them. If it's defended, it turns out to be an attack. This is a problem if you use the goto function and it plots a course through an opponent's city.

It also gives an attack strategy on an island nation - you can use the black wind, or krakens, or lots of pirates to take out the defenders in your "friend's" cities, then declare war and ship in your defenders. It would make more sense if this didn't depend on open borders beforehand.

When there is a battle between a land unit and a naval unit, such as a boarding party attack, combat odds aren't shown. Presumably it's a huge advantage for the land unit, but it would be nice to know before you attack.

Naval Goto plotting has always bugged me. Not that there are any in FfH, but my Nuclear Wessels do Not need to hug the shoreline on their way to another airstrip position. I'd be very pleased to see some more cleverness in naval routing in general. Of course, I also wish I could sail into and out of another civ's waters in the same turn without a war or an open border. Seas just aren't that easily blockadable, esp if the other Civ has no ships. :(

Alright, I'm having some problems. I had to reinstall Civ4 and now FfH won't start up. The splash screen appears, goes away and that's it. Before I reinstalled Civ, FfH worked just fine. And yes, I downloaded the full version.

Alright, I'm having some problems. I had to reinstall Civ4 and now FfH won't start up. The splash screen appears, goes away and that's it. Before I reinstalled Civ, FfH worked just fine. And yes, I downloaded the full version.

Did you install the latest patch for vanilla civilization?

Yeah, that's what I forgot. I was about to edit my post.

Top Bottom