FfH2 0.21 Cosmetic Issues

Kael

Deity
Please use this thread to list any cosmetic issues you find in 0.21.

Been a while since we last saw you Sureshot.

None of the siege weapons have separate attack and defense values in the civilopedia.

Doviello Assassins have pink backpacks.

python error when try to look at seraphs in civilopedia

must be a transparency error, as they are based on the spy model. perhaps a missing alpha channel!? lets see.

EDIT like i thought, no transparency error, but you should not use the scout.nif, only the scout_fx.nif (shaded version) uses the good stuff. the scout.nif has a pink backpack, the scout_fx not.
Maybe you have a very old graphics card?!

ya, but it was fixed for other units which had the same error before by doing something of which i do not know heh

I switched those other ones from using the normal and _fx version of the models to just using the _fx version regardless of the video driver. I'll do the same with the assassin.

Been a while since we last saw you Sureshot.

None of the siege weapons have separate attack and defense values in the civilopedia.

The Long Story: The values actually aren't set. I have a bunch of copies of the mod on my hard drive, sometimes im in checking out how something was done in a previous version. And in some of those times I go in to change something and don't notice im not in the current version. Thats what happened with the siege weapons, they wll be fixed with patch "a".

The Short Story: Im a tard.

Really cosmetic one: In the new logo F-A and A-V kerning seems to be too wide.

about the mainscreen... was the credits (design team) list too long ?! or do we want to stay anonymous for now?

the tip in blood of the phoenix you sometimes get when loading says that it gives the immortal prmotion to all exiting units.

(This might be more balance issues):

Why can't disciple of leaves get the forest defence promotion and yet it can get the hills defence promotion? :crazyeye:

I think it is a balance between religion, so Forest Defense Promotion are for Fellowship of the Leaves.

Something that bugs me to no end; the message when Orthus' Axe changes hands read "Orthuss Axe has changed hands!" Would it be too much to get an apostrophe in there?

So what happened to the Orthus axe message?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 190
Not sure if these come up in other people's game or it just due to civ4's abuse of my graphics hardware.

I have question about how to make everything look/perform better for low graphic level settings I use. I can probably just change this myself if I could only figure how:confused: .

#1 Some of the figures don't show the correct figure when single figure/ no animation options are selected (like the executioner sometimes shows a vanilla civ archer when not moving)

#2 There is a big slowdown when a lot of figures are on the screen at once on my computer so I had it in mind to try and reduce the graphics further by modding the files.
I now have downloaded the .NIF viewer/editor with the notion to turn off animations of terrains such as flames over burning sands and forest/jungles swaying in the wind, ocean waves, etc... but I didn't see any clear way to do this in this software (I am downloading 3dstudio max at the moment).
Not much luck in xml editing so far (tried changing the <bAnimated> tag in the terrain features to 0 for no effect).
The in game preferences option does indeed turn off the animations completely, but only for a few terrain feature (I only notice camps and pastures are now static), so I can't tell if this will help me to run civ4 faster or not when everything else is still moving at once.

Not sure if this is isolated, but they "Slavery"/"Gold" items for paying for things quickly has the types that allow it screwed up so they can't be read correctly, the words are all over the place...

Hmm...

Queen of the line ships sometimes have pink sails... (Kuriotates when I noticed it)

And the dragon slows everything down - big time lag to the point where animations don't function properly - they just don't happen. Sound plays, combat occurs, but most of it isn't animated - or very, very slow...

Hmm...

Queen of the line ships sometimes have pink sails... (Kuriotates when I noticed it)

Harder to fix, but more annoying (to me at least) is the big wind-defying flag off the back, which shows no emblem or color on my rig. (Maybe it's a magic flappy bit which propels and the sails are for show. :crazyeye: )

Top Bottom