1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.21 Cosmetic Issues

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Mar 9, 2007.

1. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 King

"oculd" should be "could"

2. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

kinda weird that scouts have 2 human units to them, where as when they upgrade to anything they become 1 human unit with an animal... what happens to the other human? might be good to make scouts a single unit

3. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

doviello horsemen have pink riders on normal horses.

4. sixs_monkey

sixs_monkey Warlord

His wife makes him attend class with Ted Haggert. ;) No really, I imagine that one of the two scouts becomes an animal trainer who stays in town somewhere and supplies partners with better complimentary wilderness ability than another human/elf/dwarf/orc/whatever.

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Just in case no one has mentioned it yet, very few of the strategy tips given while the game is loading are still valid.

6. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

Royal guard civilopeia entry mentions hereditary rule as required civic, yet it is aristocracy.

BTW you can give orthus axe to a bird :) it doesn't allow it to attack but I'm not sure what happens if the bird perishes.

7. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 King

Its Civilopedia entry refers to the now-removed wonder "Wrath Unleashed"

8. Kael

Kael Deity

All fixed up to this point, thanks guys.

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha Chieftain

Hi, for whatever reason the newest version of the mod is showing all of the mod-based graphics as blue and red dots. Also the music isn't working. I am using an ATI Radeon Mobile X300 with the most recent drivers as well as the most recent version of the Civ IV patch (1.6.1 I think?)

Any help would be appreciated.

10. eerr

eerr Emperor

i can't make heads or tails of the disciple cycle
    (literally and figuratively, no beginning, no end, no real distinct images, and no flowchart : P)

also-can the disciple unit die from burning blood given by divine favor?

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I believe that Kael said that divine favor's burning blood does not kill the unit.

12. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

I suppose animations would go under cosmetic?

Generic prophets don't have a combat animation, though they have a death animation.

Priests of Leaves don't have a combat or a death animation.

I seem to recall Succubi were missing one or ther other, but I forget which.

Minor stuff, really, but would be cool to see added someday.

13. vorshlumpf

vorshlumpf Emperor

A few things I noticed.

- Niilo

1. There is an extra carriage return after the promo name in a lot of the mouse-over text now.
      Spoiler :
      vs and
    2. Can we get Stone Skin's effect calculated into the combat odds? As much as I love getting lots of experience for low-risk battles, it isn't right. Plus, the AI surely doesn't factor in this spell for determining attack strategy.
    3. Speaking of Combat Odds, I have a Vanilla problem that would be great to be solved by FfH: not getting combat odds to show up unless you are at war with the owning civ. There are many times where I'm willing to start a war by starting a very key combat, but I'd really like to know my odds first. The Alt key brings up the odds - I don't see why this doesn't include all units on the tile (unless they were afraid of conflicts between enemy and non-enemy units on the same target tile).
    4. Also, land and naval units don't share combat odds, making it uncertain when attacking one with the other.
    5. Meteors use a wolf attack sound when bombarding
    6. The final stages of the Altar of the Luonnotar are announced to the world, but it's location is not saved in the game log like most vanilla game events (where you can click on the logged event and be brought to the location). It would be nice to know which city you need to destroy, especially since the message can appear and disappear while you're still dealing with other windows (e.g., city build lists).
    7. Illian crossbowmen have pink axes
    8. The Queen of the Line corner image seems much more colourful than the real deal.
      Spoiler :
    9. Smoke has fire audio while fire has no audio
    10. When poisoned or diseased, the map indicator points to the source of the poison, not the unit that has just be poisoned / diseased.
    11. Old problem that I've never seen mentioned, likely due to its trivial nature: if you check a movement path for a unit but don't move it, then change it's movement rate (e.g., Haste), and immediately check the path again, the new movement hasn't been taken into account.
      Spoiler :
    12. Unlike what the description says, Poison promotions do not disappear once a unit reaches full HP; it disappears the turn after (if this is not the intended functionality, then ignore this bullet, as it is a an actual bug instead).
    13. Some of the text for unit requirements (resources) is non-standard font and preceded by odd characters.
      Spoiler :
    14. PLE promo icons will persist if they appear beyond a certain point on the screen. Mousing over them will produce a Python error. Re-loading the game or minimizing the game window will remove them.
      Spoiler :
    15. PLE spell icons will give you a Python error for just a mouse-over, if you are in the horizontal layout (fourth PLE option)
      Spoiler :
    16. The mouse-over text for that fourth PLE button also has the misspelled word "horizonially".

14. sixs_monkey

sixs_monkey Warlord

My apologies for not having the exact locations in this post (I may get my act together and edit them in later) but there are places where "effect" is used in place of "affect". My hazy memory says that one of them is in the description of the magic resistance promotion.

{grammar-nazi} The only spells that "effect" units in the way the word is properly used are the summoning spells. Other spells such as Fireball "affect" units in either beneficial or harmful ways. {/grammar-nazi} ;)

15. eerr

eerr Emperor

Warning!-this is a big quote
    Spoiler :

If people give you this sort of information will it greatly help your moding n stuff?, cuz if i'm not at war so I get bored sometimes...

16. Kael

Kael Deity

Its awesome information! Not only because he takes the time to docuement so many issues, but because he has proved them and actually provides pictures when needed (saving me the time of going in to try to reproduce it to see what he means).

17. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

The text when getting a tech from the Eyes and Ears Network in python says:

'You recived a free Tech from the Eyes and Ears Network.'

18. mervvyn

mervvyn Warlord

The pedia entries for the Tavern and Grigori Tavern both mention a 10% hurry cost discount; however, this is not reflected in their entries in the editor.

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Fixed both, thanks guys.

20. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 King

This does not mention Valor (which Herald's Call grants).