FfH2 0.23 Balance Feedback

The Arcane trait is pretty weak as it is, I suggest it double the effect of all mana nodes.

The Arcane trait is pretty weak as it is, I suggest it double the effect of all mana nodes.

It's really not too weak if you cater your playstyle to take advantage of it. But even if it is, your suggestion would make it way WAY too strong.

for me its not a matter of it being too strong or weak in certain situations, its that its mostly useless is most situations. would be nice if it got some economic boost of any kind, like +1 happy with mage guild, +1 science from sages, double mana effects, or anything. something that if you're not spamming arcane units you still get some benefit.

Well, Aggressive is pretty useless if you don't build Melee or Mounted units.

But I sorta agree with you, and at the same time not. But it's like they changed the Imperialistic trait in Vanilla, now it gives +50% faster Settler production as well.

ya but you start with melee units, you don't start with arcane units. if you have aggressive you can always make use of it from the start. if you have arcane then its a long wait til you can actually do anything with it. summoner is the same way.

i really don't care what change is made or how small it is, just anything so that the trait doesn't feel like a throw-away if you don't go all out on channeling units.

im definitely not saying they're not strong enough, like i consider summoning way overpowered, but still a useless trait to me because its such a niche trait that half the time i'll forget about it because i havent been able to use it to any effect most of the game.

im sure theres a way to add some intelligent uses to both arcane and summoner that could be balanced out.

and i suggest that arcane trait double the time for buffs that dont last long (like dancing blades the chaos1 spell, its useless in multiplayer as it wears off before you can even be attacked because of simultaneous turns)
That sounds nice, but I think it would require having duplicae versions of each of these promotions, which is kinda clunky. Still, there's not that many. Dance of blades, bless... um, any others?

not sure, i just keep noticing it on dance of blades. does bless only last a turn tho? or does it last til after your first battle?

valor might only last a few turns.

could just make the dancing blades spell last a random amount of turns (i.e. chance of it wearing off each turn) to get around this problem.

Yeah, valor is kinda random.Bless must be until combat, otherwise gettingit handed out from a wonder would be pretty silly.
I think Dance of Blades should just be made to last until next combat. Same effect, and I don't think micromanagement should be a balancing factor much.

How about this for trying to buff up Arcane, was a idea I had for buffing up magic resistance.

Remove magic resistance from the game, replace Arcane with it for leaders who had magic resistance, give arcane free magic resist and half price rings of warding.

Right now both of the traits are lackluster, least this turns two weak traits into one decent trait, and would also be a boost to leaders who play like there missing a trait duo to magic resistance or arcane.

Personally I like the free mobility 1 for adepts of arcane trait leaders, plus somewhat faster building of mage guilds, Catacomb Liberalis, and the Towers. I don't like the idea of combining Arcane with Magic Resistant at all.

aggressive gets easier building for training yards and stables.... so it is usefull even if you are not currently building units.

arcan works only on the units.

I'd love either a +1 mana node or free mobility1 or free 'spell expension I' in addition to the quicker xp. or either easier buildings...

At the risk of sounding like a super nerd with all my suggestions and ideas, I think combing magic resist/arcane would fix two underwhelming traits.

Perpentach usually get's magic resistance when I play him, which usually feels like a wasted trait.
It would have two effects tho, would give the leaders with the magic resist trait a much needed boost, but it might give the arcane leaders abit to much.

There really aren't any lore reasons why it wouldn't work honestly, magic resistant and arcane are interchangeable in the big picture, Sheelba grew up around magic, Auric is a reborn god.

However, +1 movement for channeling unit's that aren't disiciples sounds great, would give Tebryn a edge over gabella with higher movement witchs and conjurers instead of ritualists, but that still leaves magic resist as a underwhelming trait.

Also, expansive could use some love too, like 50% cheaper smokehouses and/or brewery

There seriously needs to be some promotion to counter recon units. My suggestion is to add a small (15%) boost against recon units to Commando (or maybe a new promotion requiring Commando).

or after sentry... :) look at the picture of the tech tracking !! ... totally scout finding !!

If there was one it sure shouldn't be after Commando. Commando comes too late for a non-raider civ for it to be useful.

I can't help but wonder if the Arcane and Magic Resistant traits aren't poorly valued also because of the weak AI magic use. I'm a newcomer to the game, but the AI has no use for magic in my experience, though he does create and employ these units it doesn't appear to me that he's using magic to any real effect. Now, if the AI was improved to a point where he was affectively using magic as a weapon, and had the Arcane trait, then Magic Resistance might be a more profitable trait to have.

Top Bottom