FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Yvain doesn't have sorcery, so he cant cast Vitalize, the Nature III Sorcery spell.

Yvain does have Life I.

This is intended.

(although I would prefer it if he were also given Sorcery, while still having the life sphere. Alao, life magic would make more sense for Druids, since they are the ones "infused with the magic of Sucellus", the former god of nature/current god of life, while Yvain is the "Favorite son of Cernunnos", the new nature god.)

So he's not supposed to be able to cast Bloom either?

So basically, if I'm not mistaking again, he's not supposed to be able to take Nature 3? Because he can't cast the Nature 3 spell anyway?

No. Bloom is Nature II Divine. Yvain takes Nature III in order to cast Entangle (Nature III Divine, which currently doesn't work right) and to summon Treants (Nature III Summoning)

Aha, seems I wasn't clear about the whole spellcasting theme then. All in all then, there's atleast a wrong in the tooltip when mouse-over on Yvain's Nature 3. Or perhaps that tooltip is universal...

It is - that's why the allowed spells list the other requirement in the tooltip (in this version anyway :)) and why, frex, Water Walking appears twice in the tooltip for water I.

archeron spawned in a barbarian city not far away from the grigori capital. after several rounds cassiel lost his capital to the barbarians. curious, i send a bird over:

0.25l

This is definately a newly spotted bug.

I was playing as Lanun and had a coastal city. On an island two spaces away from my city there was copper, so I sent a worker over there to build a mine and a road. I had researched both bronze working and sailing, so the copper should have appeared in my resource list. It did not.

Out of curiosity, I opened the world builder and connected the water gap with a land square. Sure enough, I suddenly had access to copper. Apparently, once the city starts working coastal squares, it ignores land squares that are not connected to the city but still in the fat cross.

Hopefully all of that makes sense.

Here's a pretty bizarre one, but I figured I'd write it up in case it's more important than I think:

1) Enter the World Builder. Summon Hyborem through granting a player the appropriate technology. Do not, however, found The Ashen Veil through the World Builder.
2) Play without killing off Hyborem until The Ashen Veil is founded (I'd guess that you could just found a city, then force this via world-builder).
3) Since Hyborem has 1+ The Ashen Veil Cities, and you're founding a religion, there's a name conflict. CIV IV gives you the option to name this any unfounded religion.
4) Choose Cult of the Dragon, which has no disciple unit.
5) Now, the game will try to give you the Cult of the Dragon's Disciple Unit, which doesn't exist. This causes a crash in CvUnitInfo::getDefaultUnitAIType() (the this pointer is NULL, since there is no unit).

Spoiler :
Code:
Call stack:

>	CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvUnitInfo::getDefaultUnitAIType()  Line 4928 + 0x3	C++
 	CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvPlayer::initUnit(UnitTypes eUnit=84410796, int iX=21, int iY=16, UnitAITypes eUnitAI=NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes eFacingDirection=NO_DIRECTION)  Line 1973 + 0x1d	C++
 	CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvPlayer::foundReligion(ReligionTypes eReligion=5, ReligionTypes eSlotReligion=4, bool bAward=true)  Line 7436	C++
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!0051038f() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!004602f6() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!0041747b() 	
 	kernel32.dll!7c836107() 	
 	msvcr71.dll!7c34218f() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!006b7c77() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!0041372d() 	
 	msvcp71.dll!7c3a1e88() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!006ba4a8() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!004e9ac6() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!0092bcdf() 	
 	kernel32.dll!7c816fd7()

I was playing as Lanun and had a coastal city. On an island two spaces away from my city there was copper, so I sent a worker over there to build a mine and a road. I had researched both bronze working and sailing, so the copper should have appeared in my resource list. It did not.

Out of curiosity, I opened the world builder and connected the water gap with a land square. Sure enough, I suddenly had access to copper. Apparently, once the city starts working coastal squares, it ignores land squares that are not connected to the city but still in the fat cross.
Neither newly spotted nor a bug - that's a Vanilla feature that's been in since release. You need a connected city on the same landmass to access the resource.

Hopefully all of that makes sense.

A mined resource on an island will not connect to your port on its own. This happened to me earlier. To get around the problem, I added a fort on the island, connected to the resource by a road. The fort apparently counts as a town as far as overseas resource shipping is concerned. You're out of luck if there is only one square on the island though...

For a one tile island with a resource... you can build a fort and road on the resource and then you will have access to it. But you will not gain any bonus tile yields since you can't build the proper improvement on it. But at least you will have the resource.

Really? Well, there you go, BtS changed that without me even knowing.
Note that the fort may need to grow in Shadow, depending on the implementation.

I think this can count as a bug.
With Chaos Mana in your land, sometimes a unit catch the Enraged promotion. But with the spell Loyalty they don't get barbarian. Problem is that workers too can get Enraged, and on workers you can't cast Loyalty. That happened to me... :cry:
I got a message that barbarians had taken one of my cities. When I looked there I had three of my own longbowmen standing in a barbarian city and a barbarian worker, all in the same spot. :crazyeye:
I had to go one step with a longbowman and then retake the city and the unruly worker. :mad:

in my last game (classical age, marathon speed, hemispheres, random continents, advanced start, wild lands, Labruscum, blessing of Amathaon, Consecreated ground), The Doviello under Charadon seem to have started with a free Avatar of Wrath. It was the second Doviello unit I came across, maybe 20 turns into the game. (I had make several changes to the game, but I can't think of one that would make this Armageddon hero available to the Doviello.)

Is anyone still getting the waiting for other civilizations hang?

I just found this mod last week and I've played something like 6 games.

Each game has ended up with the waiting for other civs hang.

I am currently using the latest BTS/FFH with the patch. All games have been on a large map with 10 to 12 AI nations. I have played Calabim 4x and Hippus 2x.

I've also tried the .dll from page 57 or 58 of this thread, it did not fix my problem nor did it create any new ones.

I am currently using the latest BTS/FFH with the patch. All games have been on a large map with 10 to 12 AI nations. I have played Calabim 4x and Hippus 2x.

I've also tried the .dll from page 57 or 58 of this thread, it did not fix my problem nor did it create any new ones.

In the short term, you might want to try selecting the Hallowed Ground setting (see custom games). I haven't had a hangup ever so far with this approach. Fewer nations in play might also help. Not sure if Shadow will fix the hangup problem for the longer term.

If you can get me a save game from right before a reproduceable spinlock I would love to dig into it.

I don't have any saves from those locks unfortunately. I tend to save over the previous game when I start over.

I'm trying the hallowed ground option in my newest game. I'm about to put a few hours in. If I get any spin locks on this one I'll get you the save.

Top Bottom