FfH2 0.25 Changelog

Just a brief note: Goblins don't seem to upgrade to Wolf Riders on victory so I checked the Python (CvModEvents.py) and the "def onCombatResult(self, argsList):" entry is not in. Any idea when this will be available? (my ModMod is based around it...). Thanks!

btw, I keep thinking that I'll get tired of FfH sooner or later and every time my attention drifts you pull it back with an update like this! Thank you!!!!!

Russell, you may want to post this in the bug thread.

And I'll do the reverse and go from the bug thread to this one...

15. Removed the ability to Regenerate maps.

What's the reason behind this?

Regenerating breaks loads of things.

I must confess that I haven't played "vanilla" Civ IV much, but I noticed that there is a wonder for creating an allegiance based on religion. I haven't seen that so far in this version. Any plans on adding that?

This is it for 0.25. I will probably run fixes until next Friday, then start working on the first version of "Shadow" (thats where all the new features are going to go in).

Was playing an arbora map, on noble, and i noticed something. The lich spawned right ontop of an AI civ, and that civ died in the first turn.

Occassionally, the big bonus resources, are inside a city borders, which can give an insane advantage (ex the +3hap, +7hammer)

On the arboria map, a huge barbarian zerg came towards me, with skellies, lizies and warriors, and it seems that lizzies are spawning much earlier then they were earlier, very few goblins.

The lich is great, he spawned on a small crossroads connecting most of the empires to eachother (skinny continents map) and anytime anything tried to cross, BOOM, no more stack, etc. It was a good builder game, because no one could get armies anywhere for a couple centuries.

Occassionally, the big bonus resources, are inside a city borders, which can give an insane advantage (ex the +3hap, +7hammer)
The map generator usually places capitals in the best spots, but personally I'd prefer if unique features did not ever start within four or five tiles of players start locations.

Guys, most of my games (9 of 10) are crashing on huge maps just before the game starts. On Large maps, the game crashes like half the times, regardless of the options ticked or the number of players selected (default or up to 25). I'm guessing it might be one of the features that when generated, it causes the crash. It happens both on 0.25b and 0.25c. Never on the vanilla BtS. Anyone had similar problems? Anyone happens to know how to fix it? Thanks.

Guys, most of my games (9 of 10) are crashing on huge maps just before the game starts. On Large maps, the game crashes like half the times, regardless of the options ticked or the number of players selected (default or up to 25). I'm guessing it might be one of the features that when generated, it causes the crash. It happens both on 0.25b and 0.25c. Never on the vanilla BtS. Anyone had similar problems? Anyone happens to know how to fix it? Thanks.

Ive started dozens of games without an issue. As well as playing with 100% unique feature placement in many games. I would suspect (though I could always be wrong) that you problem is coming from the mapscript you are running. Could you be running a mapscript that has a chance to place a resource that doesn't exist in 0.25?

Just thought I'd say a few things. Firstly, the Satyrs are useful when I'm playing Ljosalfar, way better than those scrawny Archers of Leaves. They're absolutely wonderful for mobilizing a cheap and early war machine; they vaguely remind me of my beloved Jaguar from Vanilla. Secondly, the Freaks are just plain fun, and utterly ingenious. The Balseraphs seemed too dependent upon OO to really work before, but now even after switching to the Order (long story), I had a truly Balseraph trick up my sleeve.
The arena is a great concept, but it's currently too dangerous. Flip a coin and get either get 1 xp or die? Not worth it. While I use it to dispose of "failed" freaks, you should probably either weigh the odds more in the favor of gaining xp, or increase the rewards for survival.
Alternatively, if this could possibly be done and wouldn't be too unbalancing, you could make it so it allows two units to combat each other, with odds and rewards of the sort you'd get if they were hostile units combating each other. It'd be nice to sacrifice my less useful freaks to train the more well-mutated ones: natural selection is always fun. Of course, from what little I know of programming, I can understand if this wouldn't be realistically possible.

The Arena gives a random amount of XP, up to 5 I believe.

Ive started dozens of games without an issue. As well as playing with 100% unique feature placement in many games. I would suspect (though I could always be wrong) that you problem is coming from the mapscript you are running. Could you be running a mapscript that has a chance to place a resource that doesn't exist in 0.25?

Which mapscripts are kosher?

because it was modeled after the 3 tiers of melee units after warriors that used to require those resources.
Anyway, in order for iron to be more effective than bronze in needs to be smelted with some carbon creating a primitive form of steel already.

Ok, but of course the 3 tiers is redundent because its not adhered to as a structure in Ffh for mil units, ( you dont require wood for bows either do you)as you say Plato tells us how the Greeks created steel, but thats not really the point, the point is steel and iron are not the same thing in game terms, nor in advanatge of Vickers hardness for aplication of use in real life.

All in all not a very logical approach.

hard to say, you cant load any huge maps from the files DB, nor world builder saves of huge maps, my guess is that Kael disabled the huge map settings in such a manner as to make them unusable/or its to do with the new resources in .25.

I am playing 0.25 on the "FhH flavour" Landmasses script and haven't had an issue yet. I've also seen Cotton on this map for the first time, and fairly generous mana nodes (I have 4 cities as the Amurites, and have 3 nodes developed!). It's played just fine for me, although I played a small map.

Incidently I made myself "FfH flavour" versions of all the popular map scripts I could get my hands on, a couple of weeks ago. I notice that a few map script related threads (i.e. the original FhF Flavor Mapmod thread here, and the original Landmasses thread) have fallen off the forum now. I haven't tried many of the scripts out, but I could repost some of them if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom