FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Just noticed, my mercs (Im amurites) can grab the luchurips golden hammer and barnaxus piece. I'll send a non-merc and see if he can grab them as well.

I have open borders with them.

Also, aren't mercs suppose to be hidden-nationality?

yep, my warrior was able to pick up the pices of barnaxus. They where on the ground though, not carried by a luchurip unit. I am not sure, not that I think if it, if the golden hammer was equiped or just on the ground. There where several luchurip units in the square when I got the hammer. They did not pick up the hammer or barnaxus.

Hi hi,

I have been playing with the basic FFH2 0.30 (no patch, no media pack) and so far I just have detected that some 3D models (Arthedain as far as I have seen) are missing. I'll download the rest this evening and keep trying.

I am enjoying a lot so far, maybe I should take holidays so I can keep playing?? ;-)

For the random merc event, is it suppose to, or does it have a chance to, have promotions? I just got the event, it was 187g to get the merc and it was just a normal merc I could buy.

I guess the other possibility might be...is that event independent of having the merc guild? I have it already but and event like that would let people who didnt get currency first, still get mercs.

yep, my warrior was able to pick up the pices of barnaxus. They where on the ground though, not carried by a luchurip unit. I am not sure, not that I think if it, if the golden hammer was equiped or just on the ground. There where several luchurip units in the square when I got the hammer. They did not pick up the hammer or barnaxus.

I noticed the same thing with Orthus'Axe. It sat on the ground for a good 10-15 turns before the Kuriotates bothered to pick it up. I am playing Balseraphs. Didn't quite make it in time though :(. I noticed that Loki can't pick it up (is this intended). I know he can't attack, but it would have been nice to grab it. Neither can a Gypsy Wagon.

Speaking of Loki and Gypsy Wagons, I can't seem to figure out how the money and culture returns to my cities from them. A few extra coins seem to get added on at the beginning of every turn and I can't tell where they are coming from, but nothing under the finance screen. No clue if/when any culture is coming back.

Loki rocks in general, though. Just march into every new city Cardith founds and bam! Either disbanded or mine...

Also, I created an Acrobat and he showed up with a bunch of random traits. Heavy, Withered, random other stuff. Is this because of the freak show? Or special traits acrobats have that regular rangers don't??

Having played a game as amurites:

Got stuck at not being able to change civic
see attached save. No crash, no warning, no change, no anything... it just ignores me

Attachments

• Moon Wind AD-0310 - no civic change.CivBeyondSwordSave
    425 KB · Views: 63
Tried a game with no tech brokering, double bonuses, barbarian cities at beginning and start with ice age option, along with Prince, normal, pangea, 19 civs. Took almost 5 minutes to start game after selecting options and then By the year 50 the game was taking over 4 minutes in between turns. my system is a P IV 2.8 3ghz Ram X1800 w/512mb ram video card and it has handled gigantic size maps faster than this. Had played three games earlier with huge maps, tons of civs and no slow downs so think the fault must be with the brbarian cities options and esp. with the ice age option.

1) Quest text bugged: A traveling enchanter has offered to enchant the weapons of our . (the tooltip of the second option revealed that he had offered to enchant my adventurer/axeman)

2) Grigori get an obelisk instead of a monument and thus no more +gp growth. Intentional?

2) Grigori get an obelisk instead of a monument and thus no more +gp growth. Intentional?

Read the changelog, their palace give now +15% GGP instead.

Expansion on a bug mentioned earlier by someone else:

My Svartalfar elven workers are unable to remove jungles, even though I have Sanitation. However, I captured a goblin worker from the barbarians and it was also unable to remove forests - they both spend the appropriate number of turns occupied chopping, but the jungle remains at the end, with whatever improvement I built under it.

Sorry, but I've only started downloading the new patches just now. Do I have to download the whole thing over again, or is there a patch for 0.25 -> 0.30?
There is no 0.25->0.30 patch released. In general, when the version number changes, you have to load the whole thing. When the version letter changes, you typically load the base version and the most recent patch.

Order and Veil can coexist in the same city. I captured a Veil city and I founded a temple in it while it is in revolt. The Ashen veil did not go away. Is this intentional?

I got a message saying "While defending, your crown of Akharien was defeated by a Curly!" Weird as that is already, add the fact that there's no hillgiant anywhere and that the crown still has 15 rounds to be build. No idea what's going on here.

A couple of quick things from my game:

1) Grigori founded the Empyrean.

2) Recon units with hawks (or their equivalent) are set to defend last. I'm assuming this was added in BtS to save carriers - it certainly has no use in FfH.

Spoiler :
Where are the barbarians?

after 138 turns on epic game speed with large map aggressive AI, raging barbarians, there are still no normal barbarians spawned. Only those from the cities and from barrows appear. There is enough room for barbarians to spawn.

No bug, barbarians just come later than I expected.

Grigori can build the altar of the luonatar.

This has got to be a bug... I'm at war with the Malakim and I move one Sheaim unit into their territory. The unit is out of movement points, but is still able to pillage. In fact, it's able to pillage multiple times. It reduces the town in the tile to nothing and destroys the road for good measure.

I'm going to note that I haven't tested this with patch 'a' yet, but there's nothing in the notes about it...

edit: updated to 'a' on the current save game and it still does it. The same issue applies to bombarding.

got the same thing. i had the essus religion and built a group of nightwatch, which all have HN, and went on to pillage everything in sight.

dont know why i didnt mention this before... but now that its happening in 0.30 thought i should!

multi-player oos.
me and my friend play ffh over a lan more than any other way (ie single player) and under 0.25 we were getting the oos problem everyone reports, started of occasional and then increased until it was every turn... we pretty much lived with it. what did annoy us was the broken armagedion count ... so we turned it off (hallowed ground + compact enforced) and as a very plesent suprise the oos went away ... and 40+ games later we havent had a single oos that hasnt been due to the lan cable being knocked out ...

0.30 also seems to be stable if you turn on hallowed ground/compact enforced but obviously havent played it nearly as much, so cant say for sure... hope it helps!

Top Bottom