1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Inkling

Inkling Warlord

i just tried to reproduce this on .30e without success. is there something more to it you are failing to mention? using both slaves and regular workers i was unable to affect existing developed mana nodes by simply building a road to a developed mana node. both with the node already started but not completed, and with the node already built before telling the workers to start the road.

are you certain it wasn't the amurite world spell?
    what race/civilization were you?
    anything else you can think of that you were doing?

2. Mithrus

Mithrus Warlord

30e
    Iron golems require mithril...oops.

Ok, odd, a few turns later now they dont...

3. Darkheart

Darkheart Warlord

Anyone having problems with the game crashing when reloading a saved game?

The save game will load fine when loading from a fresh start, but if I try and reload the save game whilst the game is running it crashes.

that'll teach me to cheat :blush:

4. Darkheart

Darkheart Warlord

Edit.... there seems to be a corruption of the temp files.... Windows error report says

C:\DOCUME~1\Rob\LOCALS~1\Temp\5dfc_appcompat.txt

I reloaded from a previous Autosave (about 3 turns prior) and replayed.....

Game crashes at end of turn 347 same as B4

5. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

Elves i.e. both Ljosalfar and Svartalfar can build in forests. This is a feature. Actually they now can build mines on forested hills without Bronze Working.

What I am not sure about is building on Jungles without Sanitation. I would like to have this clarified. Is it an intended feature or a bug that will get fixed sometime later?

6. Saien

Saien Warlord

Pillaging Citadels plays havoc with viewable area. Not only does it make squares that are visible permanently, but it makes squares that are dark even while standing in that square.

7. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

had the same problem

8. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

I sent my Adventurer on an adventure with the best equipment available (20 something gold).

He didn't get a piece of equipment or levels, but he did get...

Strength: -5614xx...
    Movement: 46xxx

Then civ locked up.

9. poliorcet_13

poliorcet_13 Chieftain

Hi,

just have a ctd with the attached saved game. It was reprodicuble 2 times on my computer. I don't know where it comes from.

Happy new year for the civ-community with a lot of gaming.

:newyear:

Attached Files:

10. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

patch e

My vassal, the Sidar, and I withdrew from the Overcouncil. About 10 turns later, the members of the Overcouncil declared war on Faeryl Viconia. The only problem is so did Sandalphon and I without making formal contact with the Svartalfar. My guess is that the Overcouncil forgot we were no longer members.

11. zanzibar196

zanzibar196 Chieftain

Ok, maybe it was the amurite world spell. Even though I didn't see a message saying that someone had cast it. *shrug* For some reason, I thought I saw this happen more then once in a game though...

12. Don Pelayo

Don Pelayo Chieftain

1. Hell transforms desert and flood plains into burning sands. After sanctifying they both turn into desert. Has this changed? I reckon there used to be two different hell terrain types. Needless to say I found it the hard way...

2. Playing as a member of the undercouncil, the "develop secret codes" option ceased working properly. I have plenty of gold, but no sages are generated anymore. I founded all the religions and I managed to build all the shrines. I am almost certain sages stopped appearing immediately after building all the shrines, so that might be what's causing the bug. Oddly enough nightwatches have stopped appearing too.

3. Although already stated, it also happens to me: setting up a gambling ring or allowing smuggling are broken, they have no apparent effect.

Patch e.

13. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

I had reported it happening with the unpatched version of 0.30. One game I am pretty sure three nodes got unimproved at different times, but I haven't had it happen in any game since patch a.

On another note, since patch f, I have played about 6 games, and the red dragon has not been built by the barbarians in any of them. I've played barbarian world in most of them, and there were plenty of barbarian cities most of each game. Anyone else notice anything like this?

14. Morganknight

Morganknight Warlord

If you experience a revolt (ala one of your citizens debates you and you lose, etc.) your cultural radius drops to 1 tile. Worked mana nodes lose their former distinction as they pass out of your cultural border, and must be renoded once they return to your cultural border. This is very similar to what happens when you Purge the Unfaithful, so I am guessing its intentional.

A repsonse to previous posters commenting on mana nodes behaving oddly. This might be the reason.

15. kioras

kioras Daemon Quellor

Getting continual OOS errors on this save of FF2 multiplayer.

each of us are playing a team of the good elves, against a collection of AI teams. no idea on what may be causing it

Attached Files:

16. Soberirish

Soberirish Chieftain

When one is the head of the undercouncil (and maybe the overcouncil also), it calls you the Secretary-General of the U.N. (like in normal BTS). Very minor, but still worth noting. Thanks and happy New Year!

17. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

Started with Tomb of Sucellus 1 tile away. Made a road to it but still I don't get a life mana. I have pach f.

18. spleendamage

spleendamage Chieftain

Patch e:

Received many OOS errors while playing 3 way multiplayer through the "internet game" option.

The beginning of the game (until turn 147) ran without a hitch. Immediately after sharing world maps with another player, we received the first OOS.

The we received them approximately every 2 - 3 turns afterwards.

19. Falc

Falc Warlord

One of my Adventurers got eaten by a bear while defending (ie. between turns) but was then still offered the healing salve by the alchemist... Alas, even paying the gold did not bring back the Adventurer :(

20. Don Pelayo

Don Pelayo Chieftain

I haven't seen the dragon in any game in this version either, no matter the patch.