FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Need to update the civopedia then. I came on here just to look for this bug . There's nothing that indicates it doesn't take effect as soon as you've got the pagan temple and road built.

Actually the Incense resource itself says it needs Philosophy on top of a Plantation when you mouseover it.

Bug Report: Maelstrom World Improvement:
Version H patch 3.17

My Immortal Promoted Griffon (<-- Flying) was destroyed by a Maelstrom (no resurrection in capital).

it links to "h" and i can't get to "i"

Looks like he forgot to put unreleased next to patch i.

The fixing brigits size is an easy enough thing to manually fix though as it was talked about on the previous page.

Also, speaking of units with the immortal promotion dying and not appearing in the capital, I had the 'hero goes on an adventure' event happen to my Losha Valas who was a level 15 or something and immortal. She ended up bieng killed in there and I expected her to show up in my capital, but nope. While its not exactly the same bug, it's the same issue with the immortal promotion.

I'm not whining about the hero dying because I knew I was taking a risk, but I also thought that if she did die, she would ressurect. This was back in .31.

Casting rust sometimes correctly gives rusted weapons promotion, but doesn't remove bronze/iron/mithril weapons. Sometimes it does correctly remove weapons.

Playing as Infernals - My demonic citizens were struck by Disease event (One which rewards body). Not really a bug, but weird.

Jopa, were they resisting the effect? Also, it only can give the Rusted promotion to melee units.

it seems that there is something wrong with the commando promotion.
my warrior has drill iv and strength iv. the info about the unit shows 1-4 first strikes to me. then i upgrade it with commando and now it has 3-7 first strikes, should be there only 1-5 first strikes, because commando adds 1 first strike chance?

Can someone please explain to me when does a Shadow get the 'Mask ability'. I mean, the other day I was playing Grigori (I know that they are non-religious), and when I built my first Shadow, he didn't get 'Mask'. Okey I didn't thought much of that then, perhaps just because the State religion wasn't 'Esus' (the Grigori can't even have a state religion). But now I play as the Khazads (with the usual matching religion) and now my Shadows get 'Mask'.

I remember that when I (as the Grigori) built The Eyes and Ears Network I got all (immediately) the 'Starting' religious techs and the Nightwash unit that you get with Deception he is HN, so I upgraded him to Shadow and he got the 'Mask' ability, but he instantly becomes non-HN after a turn as HN.

So when do you get the Mask ability, do all Shadows (regardless of state religion) got it? In that case if it isn't connected to state religion, why couldn't the Grigori have it? (besides the cheat with the Eyes and Ears ...) or if it is connected to 'Esus' state religion, why did my dwarf shadows get it?

I don't complaining about this, I do love my shadows (But it was strange to build them without 'Mask').

Edit: I posted it here, just in case there was someting strange going on with my shadows.

Can someone please explain to me when does a Shadow get the 'Mask ability'. I mean, the other day I was playing Grigori (I know that they are non-religious), and when I built my first Shadow, he didn't get 'Mask' ... But now I play as the Khazads (with the usual matching religion) and now my Shadows get 'Mask'.

I think any unit gets 'mask' if they have Esus as their Personal (not state) religion. Each unit has a 20% (I think) chance of adopting any religion in the city. I think CoE is the only one that gives a bonus, but it does affect resurrection as an angel/demon if Hyborem/Basium are in the game.

hmm, since shadows require CoE AND start with it, shouldn't they automatically have the mask promotion.

As far as units adopting a religion, it is the last religion any unit will attempt to adopt, and even if it's the only religion in a city, it is difficult to even get an unit to adopt it.

While it does give a good bonus for assassins through the mask promotion, it is so difficult to accumulate assassins with the mask promotion unless you have alot of cities and are mass producing 10+, or maybe 20+ per turn. If there is another religion in the city, it gets even harder.

Also, if your dwarf shadows were dominated, they will proabably keep thier abilities regardless.

I don't play the Grigiori (though I probably should some), so I'm not entirely sure.

hmm, since shadows require CoE AND start with it, shouldn't they automatically have the mask promotion.
That was what I thought, but I do remember now, long time ago, I played Belsaraph (with that chaotic water religion) and my courtesans also got 'mask'. The reason I asked the question is that besides dwarf shadows and courtesans I can't remember that I have been able to build shadows unless I was CoE.

The city that is building them has to have CoE, you don't need it as a religion.

The grigori may not get units with a religion however, so you may be able to build shadows, but they won't carry the religion with them.

The city that is building them has to have CoE, you don't need it as a religion.

The grigori may not get units with a religion however, so you may be able to build shadows, but they won't carry the religion with them.

And thats wrong to, because when I played the Grigori, yes I know that only a city with CoE can build them, that was where I built them. I built two (both of them could spread CoE, but couldn't cast 'Mask) and I converted one (from nightwatch) and he could of course also spread CoE and he knew mask (I got the nightwatch when I got deception from the Eyes and Ears), but he always was unmasked at the start of my turn (but I could cast mask again then). But I guess I wasn't supposed to have deception (that may be a bug, since I got all starting religous techs from the Eyes and Ears and I am not suppose to be able to learn them at all).

The other problem here is that I now play dwarf and has the matching religion (the earth one, cant remember its name) and I can build dwarf shadows (in a city with CoE) even though my state religion isn't CoE and I not a member of the undercouncil. The same goes for the courtesan (a Belsaraph replacement for shadows). I could build them in a CoE city even though my state religion was the water one (cant remember that name either).

So why can I build dwarf shadows when I'm not (state) CoE (and with mask)?
Why could I build courtesans when I'm not (state) CoE (and with mask)?
and why can I build shadows (as grigori) when I'm not even allowed to have a state religion (without mask that is)?

it seems that there is something wrong with the commando promotion.
my warrior has drill iv and strength iv. the info about the unit shows 1-4 first strikes to me. then i upgrade it with commando and now it has 3-7 first strikes, should be there only 1-5 first strikes, because commando adds 1 first strike chance?

3-7 would be correct. Drill I-IV gives 3-6 first strikes, so after getting commando as well your unit should have 3-7.
Only the info showing "1-4 first strikes" before your unit got commando was incorrect.

My save games from previous patches appear to be broken. I can't tell why a couple text boxes flash up on the screen for a half second, one says 'load failed' but I can't tell you what the other says. One I was playing as amurites, the other as Kuriotites.

Hi there, relative newbie to the boards, so be gentle with me..!

Looking to "resize" Brigit, only not sure which file to look at, in which folder, and what exactly to change (from 30 to .52, er, what?). Any help would be greatly appreciated...

(and thanks all for a superlative mod)!

do a search in the FFH2 mod directory (not the Age of Ice) for brigit, the file should be called unit_defines or something similar, then open with notepad, do a search for brigit within that file as it's a huge file. I forget the exact tag that you have to fix, it's size or art or something. Just find the one that has the 30 in it and change it to 0.52.

It's a pretty easy fix once you know what to look for and what to do.

Welcome to the FFH2 community! :)

Look in the file CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml. It is located in the

"Fall from Heaven 2 032\Assets\XML\Art" directory

In that file, search for brigit and change her scale from 30 to 0.52 (use . not ,)

Top Bottom