• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Actually, it's supposed to happen for Donal, since he regains the recriter promotion after killing an undead or demon unit.

The one with Hyborem and Basium getting iron after getting mithril is a wierd one and is probably a bug.

Heroes are able to re-promote to old promotions they start with but lose, like Donal can promote Recruitment and Hyborem and basium can promote Ironweapons after getting mithril, I haven't tested it with any others, but the one with Donal can really gimp him if the AI just constantly promotes him with recruitment.

Donal is supposed to get Recruiter back whenever he kills a demon or undead unit. That is intentional. Basium and Hyborem should probably not have their weapons replaced like that.

Along the same lines, summons can promote to their base type (elemental, etc.) if the player has summoner trait and the unit is experienced enough, over-writing the illusion or elemental promotions that they may have. Very minor issue, not really that helpful except for a bit of healing.

It might be nice to allow all summons to promote up the empower & mobility lines if they have a way to stick around and they get experience, as a small boon to the summoner trait.

Something mentioned before (at least I have a faint memory of that). When an archmage becomes a lich he doesn't not get the undead promotion, but he can take that promotion later on when he has enough xp. Very strange to have a lich that has to learn how to be undead.

This besides the fact that I lost promotions when I "casted" lichdoom. I had one promotion left to use when I decided to cast lichdoom, after I become a lich, I didn't have any promotion left to use, it was lost and yeah, the undead issue mentioned.

Yes, I know that donal is suppose to get recruitment after killing, but if he uses it up he is able to use his experience when he promotes to buy the recruitment promotion, test it out yourself if you don't understand that he can waste experience repromoting with a disappearing promotion.

Might be common knowledge but...

If the same random event that spawns something happens 2 or more times on the same city or civ or not sure... it only happens the 1st time. 2nd time nothing shows up. I had edible mushroom event 2 times (same city), azer, volcano (same city) and frostlings. Most likely number of other events as well.

When a global event happen it is set to have happened for all players. Since events trigger for players this is neccessary, especially for non-recurring events. BUT: when Hyborem or Basium enter the game all events are set to never have triggered for them (CvPlayer::init calling CvPlayer::resetEventOccured). This allow global and non-recurring events to happend a second time.

Also the loop for blight going through the cities are wrong, for the same reason as units: IDs are not changed when cities are lost. You can use PyHelpers (PyPlayers) getCityList() function, just like it's done for units.

It seems a bit weird to me that the AIs start with Mining but not Crafting at the higher difficulties. Perhaps this should be fixed.

hi i have two problems dont't know if it is a bug or not
1st i can't upgrade my adepts to mages - i have researched all technologies i can.
i allready have 2 lvl 10 adepts but no matter which lvl they are i can't upgrade!

2nd i'm at war with different nations an somtimes somthing strange goin on:
they attack my city - i have a large group of units in there - they kill !one! unit and take over the city?!
all my other units are now outside of the city - had anyone the same problem???

sorry if the english is not to good

Not sure if this is a bug.

I ran Kandros Fyr and vassalized Keelin (Ashen Veil). When I move my units into her cities, they have access to the Balseraph training arenas and AV sacrifices. I never noticed that before. Is this new or is this a bug (or did I just miss it earlier)?

Patch i, Civ version 3.17

hi i have two problems dont't know if it is a bug or not
1st i can't upgrade my adepts to mages - i have researched all technologies i can.
i allready have 2 lvl 10 adepts but no matter which lvl they are i can't upgrade!

they attack my city - i have a large group of units in there - they kill !one! unit and take over the city?!

sorry if the english is not to good

IF you are playing as the Khazad civ, that would explain the first issue. As for the second, that isn't intended, afaik, so post a save if you have it.

Do you have the latest patch for FFH installed?
This sounds like the defensive withdraw bug, that was fixed in patch g. Does your unit that defends withdraw or does it get killed?

Patch "g": (will break saves)
[...]
32. Fixed an issue causing group withdrawls when a defending unit flees (fix by Teg Navaris!).

ok i have patche e installed if i install patch i will it break my savegames?

and yes i'm plaing the khazad - but why can't the build mages??

Yes, it will break your savegames. And you will have to install the new 3.17 patch for BtS as well.

Yes, it will break your save games. The Khazad can't build mages or archmages. They are the weakest spellcasters in the game.

Not sure if this is a bug.

I ran Kandros Fyr and vassalized Keelin (Ashen Veil). When I move my units into her cities, they have access to the Balseraph training arenas and AV sacrifices. I never noticed that before. Is this new or is this a bug (or did I just miss it earlier)?

Patch i, Civ version 3.17

Well, this is either a bug or a balance issue. Other civs should never have access to the unique features or abilities of other races in my opinion.
Sounds like a bug along the lines of unit gifting and unit upgrading in rival cities (I read somewhere in the forums that it was or still is possible to upgrade units to e.g. Paladins in your rival's/vassal's cities if they are Good but you are not).

I don't know whether patch i breaks safegames, but I assume that's the case. If any of the patches between f and i break savegames, your patch e games will no longer work.

Well, Khazad cannot build mages for the same reason that Grigori cannot acquire a religion - for lore, balance and flavor reasons. The whole point of the Khazad is, in my opinion, to play a straight arms game with the Metal line etc. They aren't supposed to be great spellcasters, but they can produce huge non-arcane armies.

In case you don't yet know about all the unique features of a civ (and the civilopedia is still a work in progress), you might want to try Xienwolf's FFH manual.

Well, this is either a bug or a balance issue. Other civs should never have access to the unique features or abilities of other races in my opinion.

I don't if it is suppose to work like this, but I played Inferno the other day and I could go to the barbarian (who I'm at peace with) city with the dragon's hoard and get enchanted weapons.

This makes me wonder. If an AI civ takes the dragon's hoard (or Acheron decides that he wants mobility as a promotion, as it was in one game I played), can you go to your "ally" and get enchanted weapons as well?

I don't if it is suppose to work like this, but I played Inferno the other day and I could go to the barbarian (who I'm at peace with) city with the dragon's hoard and get enchanted weapons.

This makes me wonder. If an AI civ takes the dragon's hoard (or Acheron decides that he wants mobility as a promotion, as it was in one game I played), can you go to your "ally" and get enchanted weapons as well?

You get the enchantment promotion because the city has the dragon's hoard. So if Acheron got up and left, it wouldn't do anything, as you would still have to go to the city to get the promotion. Unless of course the barbs pick up the dragon's hoard and dropped it into another city.

Top Bottom