• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Yes I do know how the dragon's horde works. The question was, am I suppose to get the enchantment bonus when I visit a city that I do not own myself (i.e. a city of an ally)?

The way it currently works that is what happens. You don't even have to be an ally, or have open borders. An invisible unit could enter there city (even while at war) and get the free promotion.

I personally really think this should be changed. I'd like to make Hippus Stables, Ljosalfar Achery Ranges, Svartalfar Hunting Lodges, etc, grant their promotions onMove, but I don't want to let other civs pick up these bonuses. (It might be cool to let Permanent Allies still get the bonus though.) That way the units not built in that city after the building was built, or which were upgraded from a unit of a different unitcombat, would still be able to get the promotion.

I think I know how to change edit the SDK to make it work like this, but I don't want to bother compiling one unless I'm making other changes too. (Plus, I'm waiting for Vehem to release a version of Fall Further that includes xienwolf's xml modcomp to use as a base for my mod. I can do minor SDK changes, but big things like that which my modmod will require are a bit beyond me.)

thx for the answers i'll try the patch after i crushed the sheiim :deadhorse:
with my real strong khazad army! btw whtas the highes lvl a unit can get?
i have a unit since the beging now its lvl 19 an allready has nearly every promotion it can get.

The highest I got so far is a vampiric Rosier the Fallen, got him to level 30 or 31 when I ran out of promotions. I'm sure higher levels are possible with other units such as arcane units.

It could easily change whenever new promotion are added.

I'm sure the max is higher in my version, and that Grigori Adventurers can get the highest levels.

Also, if you have enough mana you won't be able to get archmages up to as high of levels. The mana could give it the sphere promotions for free, which would not boost its level at all.

That level 71 demon archmage could be from your first imp when you start out as the Infernals. Assuming it survives that long.

I installed the mod (.32), the patch (i) and the media pack to the default (correct) folder. When I load the mod, I get no problems, I can browse the civilopedia, etc. But I get a CTD when I try to launch a new a game.

I am patched to 3.17 (am also using solvers unoficial 3.17), I have plenty of RAM (4GB, well, 32 bit vista so you know, like 3.35 or something). I know this is a prety vague description, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if they have found the solution.

Is there a bug with the Meshabber of Dis? I don't have the option to build him in the Ashen Veil holy city? I am following the Ashen Veil (am Hyborem).

Also the Demon's Alter does not seem to be giving out the "Scorge" promotion.

Is it me or is there a bug?

So, when can we see the new Beastmaster and Cannon art? (I'm too busy to play this weekend so I don't want to temp myself by downloading the patch when it comes out or playing a new game. I would like to see a screenshot though.)

@ Papa Monkey: what is the AC? Meshabber requires an AC of 70. I see no reason why Demon's Altars wouldn't give Scourge to Beast, Melee, or Recon units, but I don't think it is supposed to give it to other unitcombats. (Whenever a free promotion is granted in xml it only goes to units of unitcombats able to purchase the promotion.)

The way it currently works that is what happens. You don't even have to be an ally, or have open borders. An invisible unit could enter there city (even while at war) and get the free promotion.

I personally really think this should be changed. I'd like to make Hippus Stables, Ljosalfar Achery Ranges, Svartalfar Hunting Lodges, etc, grant their promotions onMove, but I don't want to let other civs pick up these bonuses. (It might be cool to let Permanent Allies still get the bonus though.) That way the units not built in that city after the building was built, or which were upgraded from a unit of a different unitcombat, would still be able to get the promotion.

I think I know how to change edit the SDK to make it work like this, but I don't want to bother compiling one unless I'm making other changes too. (Plus, I'm waiting for Vehem to release a version of Fall Further that includes xienwolf's xml modcomp to use as a base for my mod. I can do minor SDK changes, but big things like that which my modmod will require are a bit beyond me.)

My idea to fix the problem promotions like Horselord, Dextrous, etc. is to allow any unit that doesn't have the promotion and could get it to cast a spell in a proper city to spend gold to buy the promotion. The reason I'd want it to cost gold is so I could allow civs with open borders with the Hippus/Svartalfar/whatever to cast the spell. Ideally, this would also give some gold to the owner of the special building when cast by another civ.

The AC needs to be about 70 (it can be higher or lower depending on the number of civs in the game) for the Meshabber to be built.

I'm not sure whether the scourge promotion only apploes to specific units, but that one could be a bug

Patch "j" is linked in the first post. It fixes the following issues and will break save games. It is the final patch for 0.32 unless a major issue comes out.

1. New Fire Elemental model.
2. Mimic's can't steal weapon promotions.
3. Hall of Mirror illusions get +2 duration if the player has the summoner trait (Nikis-Knight).
4. Added the Corrupt Merchant event (Nikis-Knight).
5. Removed the Acrobat unit (it was exactly like a hunter).
6. Removed the Sect of Flies unit (to simliar to the base champion).
7. Water Elementals and Tar Demons now split into 2 smaller versions when they lose in combat.
8. Enabled the Glance screen.
9. Leaders Base Attitudes adjusted, some leaders are more friendly, a few are less firendly (on average they were adjusted more friendly).
10. Fixed an issue where the "random leaders" can be selected for empire splits and such.
11. Moved the free Great Engineer back from Engineering to Machinery.
12. Changed the order of the "invisible game option" (like adventure mode) so they are unlikely to conflict with other mod/game option changes.
13. Create Battering Ram Delay reduced from 5 to 4.
14. New Beastmaster model art (I always thought that old aztec jaguar model looked out of place).
15. New Cannon art (the old one was really out of place).

BtW, I've been playing a ton of games lately with standard maps, and 3 teams of 3 civs. One team made up of 3 random good players, one of random neutral players and one team of random neutral players. I've been playign these on Cephalo's Creation_ff (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261688) mapscript and its been making for some really fun games. If you haven't tried it, its worth checking out. And a personal thanks to Sto (who came up with the random alignment leader mechanic) and Cephalo for their additions.

patch i:

I did an AI auto play game up to 300 turns to see if any civs get mages.

All except the Shiem(who had the witch) stayed with nothing but Adepts (an average of 20 per civ and these were the arcane/summoning civs). Are their any plans to force the AI to upgrade adepts to mages and then to arch mages?

So, when can we see the new Beastmaster and Cannon art? (I'm too busy to play this weekend so I don't want to temp myself by downloading the patch when it comes out or playing a new game. I would like to see a screenshot though.)

@ Papa Monkey: what is the AC? Meshabber requires an AC of 70. I see no reason why Demon's Altars wouldn't give Scourge to Beast, Melee, or Recon units, but I don't think it is supposed to give it to other unitcombats. (Whenever a free promotion is granted in xml it only goes to units of unitcombats able to purchase the promotion.)

The cannon just has a more early medieval footsoldier type person manning it rather than a napoleonic era soldier. It has the french helmet (I think) and a two colored shirt. I think the cannon itself was changed a little bit.

The beastmaster just looks more medieval and has a bear, wolf, and panther with him.

I don't like the new fire elemental all that much. I could live with it, but it doesn't really look 'elemental' like the others do.

What were the issues that some people were having with the old fire elemental graphics?

I don't like the new fire elemental all that much. I could live with it, but it doesn't really look 'elemental' like the others do.

What were the issues that some people were having with the old fire elemental graphics?

It doesnt show up at all on some computers.

patch i:

I did an AI auto play game up to 300 turns to see if any civs get mages.

All except the Shiem(who had the witch) stayed with nothing but Adepts (an average of 20 per civ and these were the arcane/summoning civs). Are their any plans to force the AI to upgrade adepts to mages and then to arch mages?

Just go into wordpad or xml and open the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file and change the AIWeight of mages from 8 to 400 and Archmages from 16 to 500 and you will see the Ai start to upgrade their Adepts (which had an AIWeight of 300)

Top Bottom