FFH2 (and wild mana) crash on startup

NasboT

Chieftain
hi there,

i got win xp with service pack 3, bts 3.19 and the most recent version offfh2 (with patch j) and wild mana.
if i try to start a custom game or multiplayer for that matter, it just crashes after pressing the launching button.

reinstalled everything several times, didnt work. the same files are working fine on another vista pc here.

Are you able to get to the BtS menu (for example, using the BtS shortcut rather than the FfH2 shortcut)? If not, then Civ may not be installed correctly.

If you can get to the BtS menu, you should check the version. The problem you are experiencing would result if the v3.19 patch was not installed correctly. From the main menu click "ADVANCED", then "ABOUT THIS BUILD". The details window that opens should say "Civ Version: 319". If not, then you should reattempt to install the BtS v3.19 patch.

bts is working fine. i tried to use the direct shortcut and to load the mod manually.
bts version is 3.19.
the mod loads fine but the game crashes right after i hit the launch button @ custom game.

There may be a problem with the defaults that are being used with the Custom Game option. (For example, if the last map what was launched as a custom game in BtS or a different mod is not compatible with FfH2.)

Start BtS, and from the main menu click "Play Now!", and create a game. Which options you choose don't matter. Once the map has finished generating you can exit the game. Then load up FfH2 and try creating a custom game again. If I'm right about the problem, then the game will no longer crash.

!!!! Thank you! That worked :) I'm guessing it also worked for the person who originally posted this as they didn't get back to you but just to confirm for everyone else, starting a "basic" game then stops custom games from crashing :)

Top Bottom