FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Apologies if this is a known issue, but I'm playing with the latest version, Bannor/Capria. I make Confessors to found temples in my own cities and rivals, but The Order doesn't spread to any of them. Also, even when I do spread the religion, I don't get any visibility in the city. It's been awhile, but I don't remember there being a civic requirement in FfH2.

Spreading religion is fixed in the upcomign versions. Religions no longer grant line of sight (this is a BtS chancge, though we may back it out for some of the religions).

And new rituals, of course.

I'm still hoping to see some "super-spells" implemented as rituals which trigger events, which then give some some choices like what city to target. I'd like to see religion-specific civ-specific "super-spells," e.g., the Auric could eventually regain the ability to hit their enemies with Blizzards (from the AoI senario). Since these are events, they could also easily effect diplomacy, and occasionally the ritual could backfire.

I would like to see Auric Ulvin with the White Hand religion spreading tundra and ice like Hyborem spreads Hell terrain.

Here it goes. I was playing as dwarves and then the orcs, both with advance start turned on. I found these

1 Start warriors don't have dwarven. Probably already stated.
2 Civolopedia Units didn't look dwarven. Don't know if already stated.
3 Order Spreads like a wildfire. Within a few turns all of my cities had order in them. Dont know if stated yet
4 Found temple didn't work, no temple or religion. I believe that I saw his somewhere.
5 I killed the GOOD Illians and the ac went up. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen. IGNORE
6 Graphics behaved.... weirdly for the Illians. My units would charge. Theres would lie down with a dieing animation.

Orcs
1 Yr25 Barbs end truce. Rather early don't you think? Probably not stated IGNORE
2 I didn't need to build the mage's guild for adepts, or, I think, Libralus. I am using notes. Probably not stated IGNORE
3 No free promotion for my adepts. I haven't seen this stated.
4 Hill giants are animals. I know that a lot of hill giants are stupid, but that is kind of going to the extreme.
Sort Of 5 I have something down as No Winter Palace Background

There is my repot. I hope it helps. Oh and nice thought on the Fellowship wonder and Tomb. Although now you will need a new wonder for the Fellowship, or some other bonus.

Thanks for the response MrUnderhill. I edited and put ignore next to the things you noticed.

5 I killed the GOOD Illians and the ac went up. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen.
Yep, killing a good civ raises the AC reguardless of whether or not they were evil before.

1 Yr25 Barbs end truce. Rather early don't you think? Probably not stated
2 I didn't need to build the mage's guild for adepts, or, I think, Libralus. I am using notes. Probably not stated.

I'm not sure, but I think if you're in the lead in civ score and you're twice as high as the next civ, the barbs will turn on you. I don't know if there's a turn limit or not.

As for the adepts, that's a special ability of the orcs. They can build Witch Doctors without Guilds.

The AI did this. I guess I'm posting this for humor. It's obviously not a FfH problem, just a general BtS problem... although I've never seen it happen in a vanilla BtS game yet.
Spoiler :

i have no city screen or menus when i open upmy cities to change production.
see the screenshot below.

Attachments

• City Error.jpg
    City Error.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 219
One more bug: Blitz nullifies Defensive Fear, as you can simply keep attacking til your unit randomly passes the roll. Perhaps make failed attacks take up a point of movement?

Hello,

I'm writing to report a couple of issues with the Amurites in the "v" patch. I'm not sure iof anyone has reported this, nor do I know if it's intended but nonetheless here they are:

Amurite Scouts do not plunder burrows or ruins upon entering square - nor can they pillage them.
Amurites also start at peace with the Barbarians.

That's it for now - there may be more.

Thanks,
Seamus

I don't suppose you had Unrestricted Leaders on, and had chosen a leader with the Barbarian trait to lead the Amurites? If so, that'd be the cause of both issues.

I just found a useful little exploit: You can gift summoned units to your permanent ally. When they become his, they lose the marker giving them limited duration. You can create an army of level 3 summons that will never disappear, so long as you are willing to give up direct control over them. This would be very powerful in a multiplayer team game.

Also, destroy undead doesn't seem to be doing any damage to undead units.

Playing patch V, advanced start won't give races to units,
Such as the Ljosalfar warriors, Clan archers, Khazad axemen etc..

Hello,

I went back and checked whether I had any of the above parameters set, ("I don't suppose you had Unrestricted Leaders on, and had chosen a leader with the Barbarian trait to lead the Amurites? If so, that'd be the cause of both issues." & "Or random leader personalities."). I did not.

To be sure it wasn't a fluke I closed out the game & started another using the Amurites - and making sure none of the mentioned parameters were in effect. I still am not able, as the Amurites, to pillage burrows and lairs & entering a square with a barb unit I am asked if I want to declare war on the barbs.

Thanks,
Seamus

Top Bottom