FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

maybe give them a random nature based promotion: one might have a mesmerize ability, like woodelf says, another the vines, and another bloom, and maybe another a healing spell.

My posts always get snippered to the bottom of the previous page. :(

I like the random idea thomas.

OT - check the Dragonia thread for new stuff thomas. ;)

Kael, would it be possible to move the link to the latest patch toward the top of the first post? I'm checking this thread fairly often, and it just seems it would be easier to check that part if the latest patch were identified at the top.

Yeah, Labruscum is the area in Erebus where Orthus is from, Braduk the Burning

Funny, I thought he was from 2 tiles outside my capital given where he spawns. :)

BtW I have been playing my games with Wildlands, Advanced Start, Fractual, Large Map, Labruscum, Agressive AI, Classical Era and Im loving it. Advanced Start and Labruscum together make for an interesting combo as the barbarian cities are already there when you begin placing cities and units.

What level do you play on if I may ask? I normally play on Noble/Prince and am finding the BtS AI harder. Oh well, more of a challenge. :mad:

Kael, would it be possible to move the link to the latest patch toward the top of the first post? I'm checking this thread fairly often, and it just seems it would be easier to check that part if the latest patch were identified at the top.

or move all the other versions into a spoiler

18. Added the Arena building (Balseraph Training Yard replacement, Melee and Recon units can risk death for a chance to gain experience in arena battles, either way the city gains +1 happy for a few turns) (Loki).

W00t!!!!

6. Removed the Scorched Earth traits from Jonus and Sheelba.
Interesting. How comes?

One more or less important:
Have you worked it out so that slavery leaders get slaves when they raze cities?

Scorched Earth has been removed as a test. I initially thought the Clan would need a negative effect to keep their early rush from being to effective.

In the begining the Doviello had overcosted units to deal with this, but since then we have normalized the cost of Doviello units and given them bonus starting units without a balance problem. But the Clan still keeps their Scorched Earth trait.

So Im taking it away, we will playbalance some games and see how it works out. I didnt actually remove the trait, so its as easy as clicking a box to put it back. We will see how it works out.

Just curious, but are we still posting what we are finding in game? I have stuff that I can put down if we still are.

Just curious, but are we still posting what we are finding in game? I have stuff that I can put down if we still are.

Post it, of course, but right now we are waiting for patch from firaxis, which will be immediately followed by ffH patch. I suppose many issues we experience are already solved but we just have to wait until patching.

Freak (Balseraph UU that starts with random mutations)
Puppeteer (Balseraph conjurer replacement that creates tiny puppets of creatures instead of summons)

An idea for flavor Belseraph units:
archery line: (these may require new animations, though :sad:)
Archer-> juggler (juggles balls)
Longbow-> Club Juggler (juggles clubs)
Flurry -> Torch (juggles torches)

Assassin: Diabolo artist
Spoiler :
spoiler for Description of Diabolo and pics
Spoiler :

maceman: Poi

Spoiler :
about Poi
Spoiler :

poi

sincerley
thomas

Pois on fire would be pretty cool if someone could make an animation for them...

Poi would be very cool. Replacing Archers with Jugglers could be amusing too, but i'm not a fan of a diabolo artist unit (it doesn't seem like a particularly effective weapon, and its use would definately not be very stealthy or marksman like).

5. Weapons upgrades no longer require buildings.

why??? and what will be done to help the doviello for this??? it was one of their best features.

20. Removed the Yggdrasil wonder.
21. Removed the Tomb of Sucellus wonder.
I agree with Sureshot here, Why??? need more wonders, not less and esp/ Yggdrasil as I always thought each religion should have a unique wonder associated with it.

We cut Yggdrasil and the Tomb of Sucellus as wonders because we are adding an item from "Shadows" design doc, unique features. When you randomly generate a map there is a chance that unique features will be added to it (right now its 25% chance for each unique feature, we may play with that amount).

For example Yggdrasil can't be built, instead there is a 25% chance it will be created in the world. It still provides the Fruit of Yggdrasil bonus to anyone that hooks up a road to it (it doesn't require an improvement) as well as an incredible +7 hammers, food and trade for its tile. It can't be pillaged or destroyed, and is an incredible boon for anyone that has it (and a tempting target to try to capture).

Check the first post for a list of the features added so far.

Apologies if this is a known issue, but I'm playing with the latest version, Bannor/Capria. I make Confessors to found temples in my own cities and rivals, but The Order doesn't spread to any of them. Also, even when I do spread the religion, I don't get any visibility in the city. It's been awhile, but I don't remember there being a civic requirement in FfH2.

Top Bottom