FfH2 Bug Thread

Hallo together,
great work on this Mod, I really love it:worship:
I usually post in the german Civforum so please excuse my bad English....

I have to report an really bad exploit. The hero of the Swaralfar(I dont get his name) uses the black mirror Item du produce an Illusion of himself. If you give this Item to an immortal, the immortal produces a duplicate of himself, wich "dies" at the end of the turn. The Immortal-Illusion then is resurrected in the capital. It will still have the immortal-promotion but it will not die at the end of the turn.
So you can produce one additional immortal unit every turn:eek:
Is it possible to chance the abbilities of the illusions, so that they will not be resurrected if they die?

Greetings
Jilocasin

I've gotten two CTDs in a row playing as Jonas on patch q. The first occurred immediately after I cast "For the Horde" and the second right after it switched me over to the first unit thereby obtained. These happened in custom games with Permanent Alliances and All Unique Features enabled; because of the latter I'm wondering if the Pristinus Pass gargoyles might be involved.

You know, in my game with a lot of crashes the Pristinus Pass gargoyles were on the map as well. Maybe you are onto something there.

In recent games, I have also eliminated my CTD occurances by not playing with the Ereabus map script. I was leaning towards that being the cause, but now that you mention the gargoyles, it may have been that as well.

while playing as clan of embers with the erebus map script, I encountered the following error while trying to cast their world spell (I was at war with the barbarians)

Python exception

traceback (most recent call last):

file "CvSpellInterface",line 22 in cast
file "string", line 0, in ?
file "CvSpellInterface", line 1249 in SpellForTheHorde
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

the savegame for the turn the error occurs is attached
edit: I was using the q patch
edit2: The error only occurs when at war with the barbarians. If you are at peace and cast the worldspell, it works as normal. For the record, this does not only happen with the erebus mapscript. I encountered the same problem while playing with the perfectworld script.

Attachments

• Jonas Creation I AD-0181.CivBeyondSwordSave
    298 KB · Views: 72
while playing as clan of embers with the erebus map script, I encountered the following error while trying to cast their world spell (I was at war with the barbarians)

Python exception

traceback (most recent call last):

file "CvSpellInterface",line 22 in cast
file "string", line 0, in ?
file "CvSpellInterface", line 1249 in SpellForTheHorde
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

the savegame for the turn the error occurs is attached
edit: I was using the q patch

It's probably not the gargoyles, then. Was unable to make the crash happen again loading the auto-save from the second game where it did. I suspect Johnar's on to something here, though.

Also, as I was playing Big & Small and then Custom Continents, so I doubt Erebus has much to do with it.

The people marvel at their monument event:

Adding :health: doesnt count towards the overall health of the city, its the 2nd addie.
I had to switch from agrarianism to conquest & got an unhealthy capital. Except deer, having no healthboni available, I hoped the event would provide a nifty solution, which alas it didnt!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 106
I found a few typos in an otherwise great experience (patch q).
In CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml, "civlizations" instead of "civilizations", and "upgrasded" instead of "upgraded" (or maybe "upgrades").
Also, the TXT_KEY_SECRETARY_GENERAL tag is still using the default of "U.N. Secretary General" from CIV4GameText_Misc1.xml, so the Overcouncil at least still uses that some times. I guess that tag should be added in CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml.
And in the hints while the game is loading, two things. First, one of the hints talks about airplanes and should be removed. Second, one of your hints talks about the "Vitalize the Land" spell/ritual (I think that's how its spelled). Anyway, I believe that is instead called the Genesis ritual, right?

Hi,

The game crashes often when I try to speak with the AI Players (different civs) and when a world worldspell was cast -
Name error: name "pgtCombatHeal5" is not defined
some spell cast
I have Vista (Service Pack1)and a Intel Core 2 Quad with 2.34 Ghz and GeForce GTX 260.

regards
Gwydion

I found a few typos in an otherwise great experience (patch q).
In CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml, "civlizations" instead of "civilizations", and "upgrasded" instead of "upgraded" (or maybe "upgrades").
Also, the TXT_KEY_SECRETARY_GENERAL tag is still using the default of "U.N. Secretary General" from CIV4GameText_Misc1.xml, so the Overcouncil at least still uses that some times. I guess that tag should be added in CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml.
And in the hints while the game is loading, two things. First, one of the hints talks about airplanes and should be removed. Second, one of your hints talks about the "Vitalize the Land" spell/ritual (I think that's how its spelled). Anyway, I believe that is instead called the Genesis ritual, right?

There's a separate thread for cosmetic issues (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303129), so these are probably more usefully posted there. Just be forewarned that it's been a while since Kael made corrections to the text, although he does have documentation on his to-do list. That slacker. :)

There is a spell called Vitalize (it's the Nature III spell), which allows you to upgrade the terrain in a single tile, unlike the Genesis ritual, which upgrades all the terrain in your territory.

Can't explore lairs despite being Svartalfar. I tried using scouts and warriors, both in and outside my borders. The icon appears but it's greyed out. Is this a bug or something I'm missing?

{EDIT:} Ah, turns out it was my bad. I was tweaking some python effects and I forgot to turn on python exceptions. It was a syntax error that kept the scripts from being loaded. Sorry for the false alarm.

Can't explore lairs despite being Svartalfar. I tried using scouts and warriors, both in and outside my borders. The icon appears but it's greyed out. Is this a bug or something I'm missing?

Amurite world spell must be in affect. More than the Adept line is affected.

The people marvel at their monument event:

Adding :health: doesnt count towards the overall health of the city, its the 2nd addie.
I had to switch from agrarianism to conquest & got an unhealthy capital. Except deer, having no healthboni available, I hoped the event would provide a nifty solution, which alas it didnt!

Not sure what the problem is. The event causes your obelisk to give +1 Health. What were you expecting?

Not sure what the problem is. The event causes your obelisk to give +1 Health. What were you expecting?

If you look on the left panel, you can see both the monument and the herbalist are giving +1 health, but the health bar is stating they are only getting +1 health from buildings when it should say +2.

If you look on the left panel, you can see both the monument and the herbalist are giving +1 health, but the health bar is stating they are only getting +1 health from buildings when it should say +2.

Ah, yes I see. Very weird. If he had a save game, I'd say post it to see if there's anything weird going (Other than waiting for turn 373 to build the white hand, and not choosing +2 food instead of +1 health ;) ).

I can't think of anything that SUBTRACTS from building health category, and I can't imagine how you could see the health provided in the building display, but not have it giving an effect. Very odd.

Forgive a few of these responses being quite outdated, but I could use clarification for the tracker post which I have been too busy to keep completely up to date :)

Probably reported before (I saw something about a workboat more than two tiles away in X. reportpost. That would cover the first screenshot, but not the next, unless you count actual sea movement).

In the first screenshot, the workboat just sits there. I take from time to time a pirate and kills it, he keeps building a new one and then the sitting starts over.

In the next screenshot, in the city that I mousover you can see that there is a workboat with full move (it has had full move for some time when I took the screenshot) and the fishes just outside the city is no improvement.

If anyone sees this behavior happen again, check worldbuilder to see if the workboat is parking on a Pearl resource. I suspect the AI might be "planning ahead" and thinks that ANY MOMENT NOW you'll suddenly reveal the pearls and it can allow you to work them.

Ring of Carcer and Letum Frigus on same plot

Patch P

Noble/Standard/Normal

Sucks for the Amurites.... they can't get to Letum Frigus without a Level 15 unit :lol:

Screenshot available if needed

I'd love that screenshot. Both are improvements, so it is impossible for them to actually exist on the same plot, and you can only have 1 landmark tag on any plot. So I would guess it was one of the improvements with the tag of the other one, rather than both actually being there?

When the "Minimize Popups" setting is selected and you get multiple popups at the end of the turn to build stuff in cities, you can select the same wonder of the world or unique hero in each city.

The first selection states (1 left) but the second and third etc state (0 left) but still allow you to click it. Then next turn it will come up with the selection again in the second and third cities etc but without the option to build the unique building or hero.

This may be a bug with BTS itself and not with FFH.

Save attached. Just click next turn and you will be able to (try to) build the Eyes and Ears Network in 3 cities.

Version 0.40q.

Attachments

• load.CivBeyondSwordSave
    310.9 KB · Views: 51
Playing patch Q, and circled the world once (left to right) on a toroidal world, but never got the +1 navigation bonus (and didn't see event stating someone else got it, and didn't see the event in the log).

Playing as Sidar, and circled the world with work boats with only Fishing tech.

(Never mind, the event showed up when I circled the world in both directions, including top to bottom)

I'm getting a CTD of the MAF type whenever I select the summer palace as a build option in any Khazad city.

EDIT: Thought I should add a savegame. Normally I wouldn't bother reporting a memory allocation failure except that this one happens consistently as soon as I select the summer palace.

Attachments

• MAFSP.CivBeyondSwordSave
    822.2 KB · Views: 47
If anyone sees this behavior happen again, check worldbuilder to see if the workboat is parking on a Pearl resource. I suspect the AI might be "planning ahead" and thinks that ANY MOMENT NOW you'll suddenly reveal the pearls and it can allow you to work them.

I've seen it happen a couple times and it was always on a clam resource, not pearls.

Top Bottom