1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by KillerClowns, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Elm

Elm Warlord

I try not to automate workboats anymore, I have no clue how the AI decides to work things. I had a resource right outside a city, and simply hit automate, and checked back later, and it appears the AI thought it more important to work a tile that no city has access to, on a resource that I already had 2 of.

I have also had a workboat park on a resource (might be clam) and never work it. And I have seen the AI do the same for computer players. Just park it on top of a resource.

2. Y T

Y T Kourier

Im still playing this match, a bit more advanced, but the monument still doesnt provide the :health: bonus (in the capital). I doubt theres something weird going on, but I provide the save (Patch q, monarch, epic, erebus).

Another thing:
    Blizzards destroy forests, leave other improvements though, intended?!
    I found this out to late after accidently razing a couple of my urgently needed healthproviders, dragging a blizzard towards the front!

Attached Files:

3. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

This is a vanilla Civ issue. It has done it since day one and it is very annoying.

4. Mesix

Mesix The Allfather

The two :food: is better than the one :health: which esentially gives you back one of the wasted :food: from :yuck:. I know that the 2 :food: works fine. I'm not sure about the 1 :health: because I've always thought it was a waste.

5. War Chicken

War Chicken Warlord

Hey!

I just had a very strange thing happening:

Playing as Balseraphs the Lanun attacked me. Aside some boarding parties Guybrush was with them in the stack. They were right in front of my city.
    I lost a Courtisan attacking them and afterwards softened them with 2 Fireballs.

In theyr following turn they chose to weaken me with theyr Raging seas worldspell - without too much sucess - afterwards they attacked.
    They didn't kill even one of my units, but in the turn after I had a guybrush threepwood. First I guessed - yeah, he ran into my cultist with Command I, but that was not the case, because the cultist was not in the city AND thyr guybrush was still there. A second examination showed that my Guybrush is an illusion.

What happened here?

If you wonder what my 2 Archmages and my Hemahs spells are:
    Hemah: Water 1-3, Fire 1-3, Mind 1-3
    Archmage 1: Enchantment 1-3, Fire 1-3, Air 1-3, Chaos 1-3, Mind 1
    Archmage 2: Fire 1-3, Air 1-3, Mind 1-3, Chaos 1+2.
    Otherwise I've got a handful of Mimics and Saverous. All well promoted and partially very interesting upgrades, but nothing that would explain this...
    Screenshot appended

Attached Files:

6. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

Hall of Mirrors provides temporary copies of enemies.

7. War Chicken

War Chicken Warlord

Ah. Thanks. I never stop learning...

8. Y T

Y T Kourier

And me back again, with an even later save of aforementioned game.
    CTD on AI turn, loaded it a couple of times & always crashes after a "whoosh" casting sound.
    I could see the Doviellos moving, it aint them locked behind the Ring of Carcer since the start of the game. Notice also that the Lanun havent cast their worldspell yet & they seem to loose against the Infernals now.

The erebus mapscript is with all unique features enabled.

Edit: & yeah, I know that two food are better then one health, nevertheless I wanted the health addy for the monument! ;P

Attached Files:

9. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

Spoiler :
    There is a problem in the way the AI stack try to attack the player. The way finding logic apparently tries to find a way with no obstacles. No problem so far, but units are also considered obstacles. The AI should just consider these as removeable obstacles and attack them. In most games this is no big problem but in the lord of the balors scenario, there are many mountain passes. If the player puts a unit regardless how weak in the pass, the enemy stack turns back and tries to find another way. If you move your unit in and out of the pass you can play stupid games with the AI, which should not be so easy. The AI will never be able to attack effectively

10. Kael

Kael Deity

No crash for me.

11. Mesix

Mesix The Allfather

Memory allocation error. That is the same thing I was getting several times in a recent game. You wouldn't by chance be playing on the Erebus map...would you?

12. Smidlee

Smidlee Deity

I didn't get any crash either. After playing about 10 turn the virtual memory size climb up to around 1.8gb.

13. mondits

mondits Chieftain

Can't find a suggestions thread so please bear with me here; although I have had the bad memory allocation crash down a couple of times now in my recent scenarios like the momus.

Anyways, I noticed the barbarians build the occasional forts (in questionable places sometimes). Now, I've read somewhere that the defense bonus only applies to the one who built it or was it depending on the cultural borders. In any case, most of the time the AI builds these near the capital and so they're once again useless... even though it's real cool that they upgrade. They station the occasional one unit on the tile.

I'm no modder, just an avid player when the game is right. So if my suggestion is not possible, too bad. Now my suggestion is, just to make it logical to actually make a fort, how about making forts active, like the arenas for the balseraphs. Say, if you station a unit there, eventually that unit gains xp much like the mages and disciple units. I mean they may only be on guard duty but I think it's enough to justify a small increase in xp bcuz they are not doing as much as the warmonger units. It only gives them justice. These guys can even duke it out one another every 10 turns or so and give both of them xp instead of waiting for barbs to spawn. The amount they gain should be even less that the mages and disciples but xp earned is xp gained so bite me. City Garrison 3 can really make a difference.

Or maybe give a civilization a unique building to replace the fort (like perhaps the defensive elohim or the aggressive doviello) for some harassment - at least in my mind. Wouldn't it be fun if forts actually chuck out culture points - not massive so as not to break the game. Seeing as how the FFH team really 'broke' the rules of Civ anyway, why not go further. Think of a fort replacement that chucks out mercenaries from time to time. Or a fort that acts like a tunnel for the barbarians goblins (going out of lore here but you get my point). How about a fort that is actually a trap (for the sheaims). If a unit goes there, he is devoured and is sent to another world replaced by those weirdos from the other world. I mean you have bear dens, why not have mini treant groves or something. Now, I don't know how big of a patch this will be if it ever happens but thats lots of fun (for me at least). Tell me what you think!

14. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Patch Q -- found a Python error:

Code:
    File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 1572, in applyShrineCamulos2
    NameError: global name 'iPlayer' is not defined
    ERR: Python function applyShrineCamulos2 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

15. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

How did that ever get up there??? :confused::)

Spoiler :

Had to wait for my druids to get it down...

Attached Files:

16. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Attached is a CTD from my game a few turns after AC 90 hit. Just hit ENTER.

Apologies for the size even as a zipped file. ;)

17. Ranos

Ranos King

Explored a lair and got absolutely nothing. No messages, no treasure, no promotions, nothing. Got a screen shot and a save game.

Spoiler :

I've had this happen in multiple in different patches.

18. uberyeager

uberyeager Chieftain

Just built the Great Lighthouse on a small archipelago (tiny islands) map and only see +1 trade routes in other cities. The city with the lighthouse has +2 routes.

I re-loaded the auto-save before the GL was built to double check.

Is this intended? If so, the description for the lighthouse is out of date now.

(Update: Zechnophobe pointed out that I might not have enough cities or open borders, and I found out that was in fact the issue, so this is not a bug.)

19. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

Horsemen of the apocalypse can fly. One of them got on top of that peak, attacked something and lost.

20. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I've had this too and reported it here before.

I would just get 'Saving Game' and nothing else.

No response then either. ;)