Ffh2 fallen

I downloaded this recently and was hugely shocked to find it abandoned. This is such an amazing game, and it's just mindblowing that it should have died, continued development or not.

Edit: looking for mods atm... want to play this in MP and would also like to see an AI that's better than this one (it never appears to build ships, for one thing).

Edit: looking for mods atm... want to play this in MP and would also like to see an AI that's better than this one (it never appears to build ships, for one thing).

Sounds like More Naval AI is what you are looking for :)

or you might be looking for this mod: Master of Mana
This mod almost completely rewrites AI to fit into this game. However it adds a LOT of other features. This takes some time to get used to those changes however it has very user friendly which makes it easy to use after some time. In addition it is still very active and gets regullar updates. You can ask for multiplayer games in their forum on that site. As i know it doesn't have too many OSS errors but they happen occasionally.
sorry for any mistakes i wrote this from phone

Well, all I'm really looking for is MP compatibility (unless the game already has that) and better AI, but I'll have a look at both of them :) . Thanks.

Trying MoM now, not sure how I feel abuot it, to be honest... :/ it has a lot of cool ideas, but it also has a very "mechanical" or "technical" feel to it, like the way it tells you the "AIValue" of buildings. I'll keep playing both it and FFH2, and it may very well grow on me, but right now I just don't feel that MoM gives me the immersion and atmosphere I get out of FFH2.

Trying MoM now, not sure how I feel abuot it, to be honest... :/ it has a lot of cool ideas, but it also has a very "mechanical" or "technical" feel to it, like the way it tells you the "AIValue" of buildings. I'll keep playing both it and FFH2, and it may very well grow on me, but right now I just don't feel that MoM gives me the immersion and atmosphere I get out of FFH2.

What you have to take into account that MoM is still very much in development and in early stages.

Saying this as a long time FfH fan as FfH is an amazing mod, I would not go back to it after playing MoM.

Furthermore check on the MoM forums as they are busy and there are regular updates and development to the mod :)

this mod was more than a mod. It was something special. Something that actually helped get into RPing. It introduced so many things to me even though i don't say much in here. it has Been a great part of my life that i won't forget.

thanks to everyone who has been part of it.

I'm pretty sure your feeling stems from not being used to the new mechanics, not from AIvalues being shown :lol:

I had the same feeling at first, but get used to it a little and you'll fall in love :D

I moved to master of mana. The AI uses magic, the magic has it's own parallel research tree, and is cast using a limited amount of mana (you research spells and techs at the same time). I love the weapon/armor stockpile system that uses lumber, stone, reagents, metal, and leather. It is very much a work in progress, as they say, but at least version 1.3 was enough for me to play and enjoy greatly, without any feelings of "oh, that bug or imbalance ruins it". Plus Sephi (coder/developer) is amazing at taking feedback.

MoMana uses a bug module, that lets you see a bunch of extra information, like AI value. I think you can turn it off, though.

It's not about mod, it's about old multiplayer communities and the like :).

If you want some MP FFH II...try stopping by here: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77

PBEM games aren't to everyone's taste, but we have a thriving community of diehard FFH II freaks and it isn't too difficult to find enough players to start another game.

There is also a (PBEM)MP oriented ModMod in development: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108

There is still some balance work to be done, but there are a couple of current PBEMs on the go to help with that.

And there is some talk of setting up a couple of Succession Games.

FFH II aint ded yet. :hammer:

(Kael: Thanks for an awesome mod. :worship: If you've got time (not likely, but WTH it's worth a shot) your input into the EitB mod over at RB would be greatly appreciated. :) )

Yes, as Thoth SillyGoat mentioned, we started discussions on an Erebus in the Balance Succession Game, starring Valledia the Even, who's had an "extreme makeover" and now sports "impressive attritbutes" (Organised/Arcane/Ingenuity).

You can find our little spot here.

All are welcome!

Long post about Realms Beyond.

I remember being linked to that forum before. If memory serves, I read through the first pbem forum, the one where Pocketbeetle's Kuriotates were awesome. Any chance I could get another lovely link to where the old archives are kept?

[to_xp]Gekko;11151450 said:
I'm pretty sure your feeling stems from not being used to the new mechanics, not from AIvalues being shown :lol:

I had the same feeling at first, but get used to it a little and you'll fall in love :D
No, it's mostly the presentation I'm having issues with. The mechanics I'm not sure about, to be honest. But all right, if it's under development it's under development, I guess;).

Top Bottom