FFH2 Multiplayer Games - Invitation and Information

Hamachi is better, but I meet a lot of peeps on Gamespy. I guess the best advice is to freely trawl for new players at Gamespy, and then bring 'em over to Hamachi once you've reeled them in. [edited for time and adult content]

ive come up with a way of creating a multiplayer game that people can join at anytime and start with a settler basic group and start in a random spot and go from there.

if anyone is interested in testing it out with me and claire send me a message on hamachi

oki, we've tested it some and it seems to work decently, so ill post it here for others to try out:
Multibirth

basically it deletes initial units and places a unit called an Origin, this Origin has a spell to create a settler/archer pair at a random place on land if one has no cities or units (besides the Origin), which it can recast every turn if you lose everything (or you can intentionally disband all your units if you want a different start location).

techs are kept.

the purpose of this modmod is to allow a more dynamic multiplayer game enviroment. you can start up a game with 16 civs (fill in AIs for empty spots) and then play, if new people show up they can take an empty slot and are able to start a new civ from scratch (i.e a single settler placed randomly). also, any civ thats destroyed can begin anew easily without relogging.

ideal game settings for this:
Noble (so people taking over AIs are on the same difficulty)
OneCityChallenge (so theres always extra room for new people to create their city)
TechTrading (so new people can be caught up if desired)

players that leave are taken over by AIs, for the most fun i suggest considering any AI controlled civs to be target of all human players.

So the Hamachi "networks" are limited to 16 members who aren't using a licensed version of Hamachi.

Before today there were four Hamachi networks:
FallFromHeaven
FallFromHeaven2
FallFromHeavenAnnex
FallFromHeavenFull

What seems to happen is that after a couple of months (?) people are kicked off networks and then there are spaces for others to join. I am not sure if the owners of these networks might be doing this.

Okay these networks DO NOT control who you can connect to using Hamachi just who you can see in the Hamachi GUI. All you need for Hamachi connectivity is to know the host's IP address for the game. You can get this either from a forum (if its an organised game) or from anybody in Hamachi who can communicate to the host.

Now there is a problem with Hamachi networks filling up with people joining multiple networks and then new people can't join. Can people who are not going to be hosting games please limit themselves to two networks at most. This will enable people who are hosting the games to get spaces in the other networks to help broadcast that games are starting.

I have created a new room called FallFromHeavenAgain for new joiners. If you host games please join this network to so you can net new players but if you aren't a host or someone who is online a lot please do not.

Multiplayer Patch for 0.23b (unrar and put the Assets folder into FFH folder and let overwrite)
Just fixes the Amurite Swordsmen to be strength 4, makes team mates not affect each others GP production, makes noble more even (AIs and Players bonuses equal), and removes the super high bonus versus Barbs that the AIs get (I just can't stand uber scouts heh).

Hamachi is better, but I meet a lot of peeps on Gamespy. I guess the best advice is to freely trawl for new players at Gamespy, and then bring 'em over to Hamachi once you've reeled them in. [edited for time and adult content]

If they have heard of or have hamachi allready, great.
But if a stranger asked me to mess up with my computer by installing some virtual local area network... hmmmmm, I'd most likely refuse.

I added two networks for playing FfH BtS games multiplayer that ill be keeping track of to make sure they don't fill up:
network FfHBtS password ffh
network FfHBtS Team password ffh (for Human vs. AI games)

also greenlink made another room called "FallFromHeavenBTS" that has password ffh as well i think

myself im playing BtS team games exclusively pretty much

Thanks for putting it in this thread, I almost completely forgot about this thing.
The name is "FallFromHeavenBTS", and the pass is ffh (just to clarify, though you did get it right).

turned off special damage types, that helped, and the "disable AI spellcasting" tho not sure if that helped, no mages ingame

the DEBUG options are the ones im talking about, you need to make them available by editing the gameinfo/gameoptions.xml file to make them visible, kael detailed that in the OOS thread

ya, they definitely still come, its a bit more manageable tho and hopefully we can help identify whats causing it through enough games

i uploaded a modified gameoptions file for anyone who doesnt want to bother changing it, just unrar into your ffh folder and let it overwrite:
modified gameoptions

So my friends and I are trying to get a multiplayer game going, but what's weird is two of us can see each other in the Civ IV internet gaming room and the other two can't.

We all have the same router (I setup everyone elses internet... yes I am a geek :lol: ) and i've setup port forwarding for everyone the same.

The only difference is one of the computers is running Vista, not sure why the other can't connect we've all got the 2.025k installed correctly and we can all see each other just fine for regular BTS games.

But something happens on the conversion to FFH2 that makes it impossible for the other two to join in. Anyone have any thoughts?

The two people could perhaps be using a modmod, as they installed the new terrain that seZereth wanted opinions on or they could have another modmod implemented.

Top Bottom