FfH2 Roleplaying Games [Thread III]

Greetings Yoadm, to the wonderful world of FFH2. I have just gotten back from a temporary Finals induced sabattical, so I will be able to set up a number of games in the near future.

For MP games as of late, we have been using Game Ranger and Gamespy

Thank's alot! I'm not new to FFH2, just to its multiplayer aspect. I did play three interesting MP games via direct connection with a friend, but was hoping to join the wider FFH-MP community.

Regarding your last sentence: Is Hamachi not relevant any more to FFH2-MP? If it's still relevant then I would love to know how it works, and possibly join some games. If, alternatively, you guys moved to GR or Gamespy, then I suppose the same question is still relevant, but to them instead.

Hoping to hear from you soon, and thank's again!

Yoad

alrighty then. Well, I hear that some people are still able to use hamachi for MP, and basically that is setting up an Artificial "direct connect".

As of late, there has been more success with Game Ranger and the 'comes with it' Gamespy.

I'd probably like to play/ start a game within the next 24 hours ;)

alrighty then. Well, I hear that some people are still able to use hamachi for MP, and basically that is setting up an Artificial "direct connect".

As of late, there has been more success with Game Ranger and the 'comes with it' Gamespy.

I'd probably like to play/ start a game within the next 24 hours ;)

I will probably only be able to play on friday :(. Still, I'm definately up for much more than simply one game. I'll download GR and GS and contact you soon!

you don't have to download Gamespy .... just Gameranger.

When I say Gamespy, I mean Civ4 (Internet) which is powered by Gamespy

When you say Friday ... does that mean you don't have any plans for Christmas Eve? Or is that not really an issue for ya.

you don't have to download Gamespy .... just Gameranger.

When I say Gamespy, I mean Civ4 (Internet) which is powered by Gamespy

Err... you mean from within the game, via the normal multiplayer option? I remember when I installed the game I had the option of installing GS, and I didn't. Do I have to reinstall the game?

When you say Friday ... does that mean you don't have any plans for Christmas Eve? Or is that not really an issue for ya.

Well, Im playing from Israel (Jewish so Christmas eve is not really an issue), but Im generally free over thursdays - Saturdays. Im on GMT + 1. Other than that, I might be available on some sundays, tuesday's and wednesday's (now that the semester's allmost gone) from about 14:00 PM my time (I think it's 7 hours back east coast) for a few hours.

Does that work out?

I'd be up for some multiplayer on Friday, Christmas Eve. I'm going to need some help getting it to run though. The last time I joined one of the Saturday games, but Gamespy didn't like my installation.

Yes, I mean from within the game. And no, you didn't need to install Gamespy when you installed the game ... that was just some extra stuff. Everything Gamespy offers from within the game is no strings attached.

@McWill, yea, usually gameRanger is our best bet anyways ... but Civ 4 multiplayer is nice too as a back-up, just cause its always there.

Yes, I mean from within the game. And no, you didn't need to install Gamespy when you installed the game ... that was just some extra stuff. Everything Gamespy offers from within the game is no strings attached.

@McWill, yea, usually gameRanger is our best bet anyways ... but Civ 4 multiplayer is nice too as a back-up, just cause its always there.

So what's involved with using GameRanger. I never heard of it before.

Hi!

So should I download game-ranger and simply chose each option whenever comfortable?

Hmm, I may be able to join. Give us a time and time zone and we'll see. Busy for my christmas eve, but chances are i'll be sleeping it off christmas day which will be when you lot are playing...

Gameranger is good, I highly recommend since my Civ4 in-game multi doesn't work (too many routers). As a backup I can use Hamachi.

Hmm, I may be able to join. Give us a time and time zone and we'll see. Busy for my christmas eve, but chances are i'll be sleeping it off christmas day which will be when you lot are playing...

Gameranger is good, I highly recommend since my Civ4 in-game multi doesn't work (too many routers). As a backup I can use Hamachi.

So how do I find you guys, through this thread, or is there a channel I should join?

Yea, Till's IRC server. You can use Mibbit or grab a proper client (I use Chatzilla myself).

Anyone around for a game?

Alrighty, so I'm sure you are around NOW then eh? hehehe ;)

Right then. I can't connect to the #Erebus chat :( ... not sure why. Can you? anyways, we will have to organize by PM or some other form of chatting ...

maybe chatting in the Gamespy lobby?

PM me your gamespy username.

Alrighty, so I'm sure you are around NOW then eh? hehehe ;)

Right then. I can't connect to the #Erebus chat :( ... not sure why. Can you? anyways, we will have to organize by PM or some other form of chatting ...

maybe chatting in the Gamespy lobby?

PM me your gamespy username.

Ok, anyone who wants to join a MP game enter gamespy now, join Tasunke's game.

Top Bottom