Ffh5e NES

Update 1: 13th of Leafall, in the year 268, the Age of Rebirth

Spoiler :
Radonnor Under Siege
Rhoanna has negotiated a peace treaty with the Luchuirp golem crafters, yet the Hippus empire continues to fall apart. Mourosbane broke away when Captain Uldanor executed a swift coup d'etat, assuming command of the city. Rebel forces respect Captain Uldanor’s initiative and are passing by both his domain and Rhoanna’s securely defended city of Altheriol-ta-meathiel to reinforce their brothers laying siege to Radonnor. Clan Lanthar still holds the city and is committed to Rhoanna, though food supplies are nearly non-existent. Starvation has beset the citizens of Radonnor.

Clan Lanthar took the initiative, aiming to arm citizens with horses from their own stables. However, despite their best attempts to discern loyalists from the desperate, a significant amount of horses and equipment were sold to citizens that no longer cared about some distant leader. While Rochir Hachur Lenthar lead a sortie of Lanthar horsemen against rebel forces in the fields, within the walls desperate citizens took matters into their own hands. Instead of watching their own families go hungry, they mounted a counterattack against Lanthar forces within the city walls.

When the horsemen returned they found the gates had opened. Lanthar warriors were overrun by the insurgent forces, but Rochir Hachur Lenthar and his horsemen managed to subdue the uprising and close the gates before the rebels outside Radonnor’s walls could take advantage of the situation. It remains to be seen what the Rochir will handle the rebel threats all around him.

Clan Lanthar gains 3 gold from selling horses.
Warrior destroyed.
Horsemen gains 2xp.

Goings-On in and around Haven
A series of robberies in Haven’s southern docks have cut into the profits of more than one captain. The culprits have not been found. Lord Bartholomew, member of the Elder Council responsible for Haven’s security, has issued a statement saying that any captain not strong enough nor smart enough to protect his profits deserves to be taken advantage of.

A stowaway was found on board a ship bound for Aylesbury. The crew found him stuck in a barrel and crying out for help. They had a great laugh and threw the man in the overboard while he was still stuck in the barrel.

Another stowaway, this time a woman, was found on board a ship bound for Coombe View. She was seen attempting to board the ship at night, but was spotted. With the recent robberies, the crew took matters into their own hands and brought her below decks. The woman has not been seen since.
A lonely workshop east of Haven has burned to the ground. Evidence suggests an apprentice fell asleep with a lit pipe. No foul play is suspected.

By the Haven docks, there were eyewitness reports of a man with demonic features quarreling with a pirate captain. Reports say the man turned into a bear and killed the captain. His whereabouts are unknown.

Abandoned Temple Bought by Dreamland Home for Children
A temple of the Empyrean has been under construction in Haven for several months, and is nearing completion. A Vicar arrived to make the final payments and take possession of the temple last month, but not more than three days after arriving he mysteriously disappeared. With the funds cut off, in a meeting of the Elder Council of Pirate Lords, Count Ransid convinced the others the building should be put up for auction to fill Haven’s coffers. It was bought for near market value by a Father Youlin-sa. He is a pious man, often seen at the Temple of Order to attend sermons by Confessor Julius. Many of the temple’s parishioners admire the Father Youlin-sa, and he is quickly becoming a pillar of the community in Clan’s Landing - a neighborhood in Haven comprised primarily of Hippus immigrants. It is also the location of the Order’s temple and the new Dreamland Home for Children. Further, Youlin-sa’s charity has inspired Haven’s leadership, as the Elder Council has agreed to fund the orphanage in an attempt to decrease its population of street urchins and homeless children.

Dreamland earns 1 gold income.

Spoiler :
From the Governor of Nimharuan to Thuran Strunhar
My friend, I have great plans for this new settlement. One day, Nimharuan will be one of the Khazad’s most valuable gems. It will be a center for transocean trade from where goods of every city will flow. In our future I see streets of gold, where all dwarves can realize Kilmorph’s dream. Nimharuan will be a land of prosperity and fortune. To do that, I need your help. As of now our numbers are small. My office has launched a public campaign offering homesteaders the chance to settle the vacant lands adjacent to Nimharuan. The people are coming here and settling, but we need one thing most of all going forward: a granary. Without a place to store the harvests and imports, growth will stagnate while settlers do all they can to merely survive. Without growth we will be unable to pay off the interest on the line of credit the kingdom has granted me on this venture, let alone the principal for this city. Thuran Strunhar, if you can construct this granary for Nimharuan, you will forever be honored among its people as a great pioneer. Do this, and in the future you will have the first pickings of any project sights you ask for.

The Nimharuan Craft Company gains 4.5 gold as income. In addition, you have been given a quest to construct a granary in Nimharuan. If you complete this quest by Update 6, your renown will increase and you will earn a reward.

WAR!
Hannah the Irin has let Falamar roam free long enough. The time has come to collar the wild beast and bring the last of the Lanun city-states into the fold. Falamar hasn’t addressed the citizens of Haven, or shown any signs of caring whatsoever. Will the disparate citizens of this free city unite against tyranny? Or will they join their sister cities in the Lanun Confederation?

These are orders for Turn 1

Organization Name: Silver Pearl Holdings
Organization Type: Crime Syndicate
Leader (Trait): Tilfleur,Merchant of Aylesbury, (Charismatic)
Skills: Deception, Forgery, Stealth, Thievery, Persuasion
Renown: 0
Income: +19g/turn
Treasury: 20g
Base (City): Aylesbury
Buildings (City): Shop (Masoner), Carnival
Units: Agent x3, Work Team x1

Spoiler Background :
Several years ago Tilfleur was the Merchant Master of the Masonry trade within Aylesbury. No other business could effectively compete with the quality nor the price of his offerings. Mysteriously one day he noted to his assistant that he was heading out to sea and would be back later. Days and weeks passed but the master merchant never returned. Eventually his assets were seized by the city due to a lack of any heirs and sold at a discount to his competitors.

Within the past few months a new Guild has been registered with the city by a man no one knows yet seems familiar to some. Two diverse businesses have already been registered under its banner with a promise for more.

"The most precious pearls are not found clustered together but in far-reaching sectors, each with a unique glistening beauty. Just as the pearl seekers cast a wide net, so shall I. A piece of the most profitable businesses regardless of sector shall belong to me; for my benefit......and the benefit of the Overlords."

The newly returned Tilfluer, invigorated with a powerful alien energy, sat at his desk and smiled. "There is much work to be done.

[SPOILER="Work Orders (No Players!)]

Agent 1 (Aylesbury):
Run the Masonry Shop.
Use Forgery. Secretly contact dwarves to see if they're interested in building a temple of Kilmorph within the city. Agent will display forged documents indicating that the Governor of Aylesbury is grating permission for a non-state religion temple to be erected as well and that he hopes that their allies the Khazad and Luchiurp will take advantage of this to spread their culture to Aylesbury and improve it. Additional documents will display zoning has been approved for this purpose. Agent will portray himself as working for another masonry guild and will take great pains using Forgery not to connect his actions to Silver Pearl Holdings.

Agent 2 (Aylesbury):
Run the Carnival.
Use Forgery. Secretly contact Balseraph performers and convince them to travel to Aylesbury to perform in a rival Carnival. Use forged documents to indicate that the govenments of Aylesbury and Coombe View will be secretly signing a peace treaty and the Balseraph performers will celebrate the occasion. Forged documents will also connect a rival carnival desiring their business to attend there. Agent will portray himself as working for another carnival using Forgery and will take great pains not to connect his actions to Silver Pearl Holdings.

Agent 3 (Aylesbury):
Assist Running the Masonry Shop or Carnival (whichever giver better benefits)
Use Persuasion to ingratiate Tilfleur to Aylesbury Temples of the Overlords and the High Priests. If agent 1 is successful, will note that he's heard that the Governor has gone soft and will start allowing other religions to make temples in Aylesbury.

Work Team 1 (Aylesbury): Build a Quarry to help support the Masonry Shop.

[/SPOILER]

Addendum to Update 1

Governor Thomson of Aylesbury Issues Warning to Silver Pearl Holdings
A Cease and Desist Order has been issued by the Governor of Aylesbury to Silver Pearl Holdings. It cites the lack of approval needed for a project started on construction of a quarry, since zoning rights can only be granted by the governor. It also details how the building of a quarry will interfere with the city’s mining operations. If this notice goes ignored, civil and possibly criminal charges may be pursued.

Con Artist Arrested
A man has been apprehended, going to each of the handful of dwarven merchants in Aylesbury with writs of permission and zoning rights to build a Temple of Kilmorph in a city firmly entrenched in the Undertow cult. The dwarves inspected the documents closely and could find no flaw with them, but one was suspicious and checked with the authorities to verify that the deal wasn’t too good to be true. Sadly, it was and the con man was arrested.

Agent 1 of Silver Pearl Holdings is arrested and hasn’t been heard from since. Agent Lost.

Tilfleur Honored by Local Undertow Priests
Having magnanimously donated Silver Pearl Holdings recent profits, the priests of the Aylesbury’s Temple of the Overlords have declared Tilfleur an honored member of the parish. In a public ceremony held outside the temple Tilfleur was declared an “Advocate of the Faith,” and the priests assured him the blessings of the Overlords would favor him.

Profits for this turn are donated. Tilfleur will be recognized by the Undertow as Advocate Tilfleur.

Orders are due Friday, March 13th. Please submit them as a PM. Looking forward to seeing some player stories!

A couple of notes here

1. You haven't posted any rules about work permits for building things with a worker. I should get the opportunity to choose another task.

2. The guy who forged the documents took pains to connect himself as another organization. I'm not saying that it's impossible to catch him. But, as an Agent of a Crime Syndicate with Stealth, Deception, and Forgery I would think he should be able to cover his tracks pretty well. I hope these were considered.

These are orders for Turn 2

Organization Name: Silver Pearl Holdings
Organization Type: Crime Syndicate
Leader (Trait): Advocate Tilfleur,Merchant of Aylesbury, (Charismatic)
Skills: Deception, Forgery, Stealth, Thievery, Persuasion
Renown: 0
Income: +19g/turn
Treasury: 20g
Base (City): Aylesbury
Buildings (City): Shop (Masoner), Carnival
Units: Agent x3, Work Team x1

Spoiler Background :
Several years ago Tilfleur was the Merchant Master of the Masonry trade within Aylesbury. No other business could effectively compete with the quality nor the price of his offerings. Mysteriously one day he noted to his assistant that he was heading out to sea and would be back later. Days and weeks passed but the master merchant never returned. Eventually his assets were seized by the city due to a lack of any heirs and sold at a discount to his competitors.

Within the past few months a new Guild has been registered with the city by a man no one knows yet seems familiar to some. Two diverse businesses have already been registered under its banner with a promise for more.

"The most precious pearls are not found clustered together but in far-reaching sectors, each with a unique glistening beauty. Just as the pearl seekers cast a wide net, so shall I. A piece of the most profitable businesses regardless of sector shall belong to me; for my benefit......and the benefit of the Overlords."

The newly returned Tilfluer, invigorated with a powerful alien energy, sat at his desk and smiled. "There is much work to be done.

[SPOILER="Work Orders (No Players!)]

Agent 1 (Aylesbury):
Run the Masonry Shop.
Use Persuasion with the Governor / Appropriate bodies to grant zoning rights for our work team to create a Mine / Farm / Whatever appropriate improvement.

Agent 2 (Aylesbury):
Run the Carnival.
Use Persuasion to further curry favor with the Temples of the Overlords. Persuade the Temples of the Overlords and the Governor to allow Tilfleur to execute the con man handing out permits for Temples of Kilmorph by turning him into a Drown. Tilfleur would want to participate in the ritual and get back at people trying to promote other faiths within Aylesbury. Some possible lines Tilfleur could say

"The key thing is that those dwarves would set up that temple in a heartbeat if they could!"

"We want to be sure that all in the Lanun lands know that spreading false religions carries a severe punishment"

Tilfleur would be sure that the prisoner is gagged and blindfolded before the drowning ritual (no last words to betray Tilfleur). For dramatic effect, Tilfleur would like to be the one making the kill if possible.

Work Team 1 (Aylesbury): Build whatever improvement the Governor will authorize. If there is no time, offer services to the Temples of the Overlords to assist in whatever capacity

[/SPOILER]

I sent orders.

Diavolo. You need to move on. These updates are too sporadic to maintain interest.

Laiders hasn't been sending orders in another game (Fallen Star on Frontier boards) (from what i understand).

Top Bottom