1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Fill Policy Slot Bugged

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by In4ser, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. taekwonjoe01

taekwonjoe01 Chieftain

I am having this issue almost every game. This happens right after my old Policy card becomes obsolete (trade routes from 2gpt to 4gpt). I am not using Adam Smith.

Attached Files:

2. DST1348

DST1348 Warlord

I am bumping this thread, because I have this issue with the February 2021 update. I started a game in the old patch, but after upgrading to the February 2021 patch, I need to select a policy but all options are greyed out. Thus I am stuck at the end of the turn. See attached save. I verified the game's files with steam and all is fine.
    Edit: My workaround was to switch back to the previous patch by using "ineedlegacyaccess" as a beta access code. I had use an old save from the previous patch, though

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  3. jwolf713

jwolf713 Chieftain

Everything is fine in my opinion. I changed the regime to communism, used a great man and added another card.

Press shift + enter to go to the next turn. On the next turn 339, you will be able to edit the change of government cards.

Attached Files:

4. DST1348

DST1348 Warlord

Thanks for the tip! I finished my game with the work-around I mentioned above. But this sounds handy next time when I encounter a problem like this.

5. AtAli786

AtAli786 Chieftain

I have encountered this problem on ps5. After experimenting with several methods iv found the method below the easiest solution.

The reason this problem is occurring as far as I could tell was having policies enacted that are no longer valid and belong in a previous era, these should have been replaced/updated/removed by the game automatically.

The following has to be done before you change government type. For example, Merchant Republic to Democracy.

When you go to goverment screen click on each policy card already applied first (left side of screen) and drop it into unused policies side of screen (right side of screen).
    If its a policy that should not be available anymore it will disappear and you can replace with another valid policy.

Once you have rid yourselves of these outdated policies the game will move forward as normally expected.

Before doing this just do a quicksave so you have a backup.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  6. TheFrelle

TheFrelle Chieftain

EDIT: His game was corrupted/missed 7 files. Verifying actually solved the issue for once lol.

My friend is getting the same issue in multiplayer. On the first time he has to choose a policy slot (something like 10-12 turns in) it just sits there. He is unable to open the government tab through either clicking on the notification, or directly on the government tab.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021