Final Fantasy Mod Progress Updates, Part II

how long until this mod is done and Rufus is the Pesident of Shinra Corp. incase you were wondering, you should also as a suggestion is make Summons (Bahamut, Odin, Ifrit, etc.) and have them like Missles in the sense that they only last so long and they do a hell of a lot of damage.

I'm doing the Summons as Really powerful offensive units that are generated once every 10 turns by a game specific Small Wonder.

Interesting that this thread was bumped.....

You see, my brother finally got married off last weekend, and I've recieved my Hardy Palm trees today, which means that I'll be done with planting (the hardest and most time-consuming part of my gardening), so I'll have time to work on my mod, once again. I'm also starting a Final Fantasy mod for Diablo II, Lord of Destruction, but since I can use the same models and animations for both Civ III units and Diablo II monsters, summons and hirelings, I'll be able to do both con-currently.

In addition, I can now announce my next unit project: a Mithra defensive (for the FF mod anyways) unit pack for Windhurst. It will consist of a Mithra Archer, Mithra Ranger (UU), Mithra Gunner and Mithra Sniper.

Preview is attached below:

No, It's just that the past month and a half have been really busy, what with my brother's impending wedding and what not. I'm still working on the mod, though.

No.... I would use it, but for two things: The fortify animation looks like he's doing the slide, and the death animation leaves quite a bit to be desired....

So I'm using LizardMenRule's Body Guard, instead......

Well, remember what I was saying to you in the PM? Basically, since he's stepping forward, his back foot should remain in place, while the other foot moves forward to the fortify position, and the middle frame of the foot movement should be set so that the foot is about .5 Poser units above the ground, and it should be set back to where it was before.... Of course this would mean re-doing the attack animation and the death animation, but since you're going to re-do the death, it should be no big deal. As for the death, use one of the laying down poses in the Poser 5 Female pose library (they have some pretty good sprawled out ones), and tweak it to make it look more dramatically dead-like, and make sure that the body is lying ON the ground, not in the ground (like some of the pre-set ones tend to do) or floating ABOVE the ground (like your current one is). In addition, you're going to have to mark where his back foot is at the first frame, and move the entire body in the last frame so that the foot is in the same place (so that it looks like he's falling backward, not having his feet pulled out from under him). OR if you want to have him fall forward, just move the hip down and forward, rotating as needed (that's how I got the fall to the knees and topple over animation that I used on the Female ninja disguised as a geisha). Of course, all this takes some tweaking, but the quality of the finished product makes it worth it in the end.....

Speaking of which, I've almost got the first of my Mithra flavor unit pack done....

Goldflash said:
*Drowns in a puddle of his own drool*

So I can count on your vote for my Mithra unit pack in this month's competition? :D

Top Bottom