Final Fixes

I'm on my fourth game now and I didn't see the AI summon the mercurians or infernals.
To be fair, one of these games was quite short as my capital was taken by orthus.
The other two were 500-700 turns in epic speed.
For the last game I'm at ~=350 turns in epic speed.

Interesting, anyone else? And try and normal speed, epic might take a while. That is one of my goals as I'd like the Mercurians and Infernals to enter the world more often.

Could someone please explain to me the Alignment values in CIV4ReligionInfo? What is all that "AlignmentBest" and "AlignmentWorst" stuff? I'd like to fiddle with the Good-Neutral-Evil and Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic changes that the religions bring about.

Yes, Rife is already bloated lol. Good to hear it's not using a python script.

So, Do we want to delete it, revise it, or replace it?

My vote is to make it available for everyone. I don't understand why it was Grigori only.

Every religion has a plus or minus for good/evil and lawful/chaotic every turn. Alignment best/worst is the highest/lowest your rating will be able to be on that axis for that religion. Once that rating is reached the religion will stop increasing/decreasing your alignment on that axis. Other factors can still affect your alignment.

My vote is to make it available for everyone. I don't understand why it was Grigori only.

It was Grigori only because they are the adventurer-themed civ. They were running a bit dry as far as character goes, so they needed something that was different from others, to make them more unique and interesting.

Personally, I would suggest either removing it, or changing it to actually be a mini-quest as discussed before. Making it universal would only cheapen the Grigori, while giving everyone else a powerup.

I believe we should remove it as hurting the grigori and helping everyone else doesn't sound like a good idea.

Hi guys,
I notice few things that seem bit strange for me:
1. Fellowship of Leaves is disabled for all civs as well as Order from Heaven
2. I check "all unique features" for World of Erebus but still couldnt find any single of them in 5 games i played.

Hi guys,
I notice few things that seem bit strange for me:
1. Fellowship of Leaves is disabled for all civs as well as Order from Heaven
2. I check "all unique features" for World of Erebus but still couldnt find any single of them in 5 games i played.

Try starting a "Play now" game. That will clear all custom options, including any hidden-ones that might be disabling certain features.

Thanks, I tried but no success. At the start for each civilization way of the forests and orders from heaven are disabled for everyone. Other few strange things are : if I change religion to Empryrean I cannot for example build the Temple of Empyrean in the city it has it. Maybe something wrong with install ?:(

Must be. Just to check did you download Rife 1.41 link first, then Snarko's patch, and then final fixes? If you don't do it in that order things will likely be messed up.

Another question about religion/alignment: What are the factors that cause you to change moral and ethical alignment?

Follow up: How do those factors change depending on your religion?

Every religion has a steady effect per turn on both. For example: Order has a positive on both axis per turn. The factors that cause you to change are if you go above/below I think it's 325/-325. Then you'll go away from neutral. Some factors are, under/overcouncil, other civics, wars, razing cities, wonders, etc. All of this changes alignment in broader alignment.

Thanks for the explanation!

If you care to know, the reason I'm asking about this is because I have noticed that in many games, the alignments of civs tend to zero out at neutral. FoL has turned three evil civs neutral, and The White Hand has turned Auric neutral. Bit odd, his own religion doing that to him.

Anyway, fantastic job polishing up this masterpiece.

Yah, I'm probably going to change the White Hand one because that is stupid. And yah the fellowship of the leaves does do that.

To give it a bit of context, the White Hand is going towards Lawful Neutral atm because the precept of ice (and therefore Mulcarn and Auric with it) embodies stasis. Evil doesn't really fit with that idea in mind. Or so we felt.

And we also wanted it to be there as a fallback for non-evil civs in a world gone to Hell, since the ice keeps hell from spreading. Or something like that - I don't really remember all the parts of that concept.

It does give you points towards evil. It just doesn't go all the way.

The White Hand would be worshipping either Mulcarn (who was an Evil god. Possibly the least evil the gods, but still Evil) or Auric.
(The following is myself paraphrasing MC)
The thing about ice is not just about lack of changing, but about wanting to go back to how things use to be. But this is heavily tinted by nostalgia and memory. Auric wants things to go back to what they were like when Mulcarn ruled Erebus, but he's thinking of / was told about the very worst of Mulcarn's tyranny. If he took over the world, the new age of ice would be even worse than the last.

So yeah. Both the deities of the White Hand are evil, so I think the religion itself would be as well.

But neither conservatism nor nostalgia are evil. And wanting to go back to something that seemingly worked better (even if it only seems that way) than the current chaos isn't neccessarily evil either. Likewise, freedom doesn't neccessarily mean happiness and sunshine for everyone. I can totally see someone trying to restrict it for the greater good - it's been done enough times through history that it wouldn't be strange at all.

Ultimately, this is why an alignment system is little more than tempting disaster - it's all so muddled and open to subjective interpretation that no good can come out of it. So I'm just going to back out of this conversation, I think. Plus, I don't know the lore well enough to say for sure, anyway.

Top Bottom