Firaxis Livestream: Let's Play Germany Thursday Aug 18 2PM ET

Ngao Mbeba Unit and Legion confirmed.
Both seem to replace the Swordsman.

having different governments does give negative diplo modifier, gets bigger with late game governments. So I imagine this will be a bit like ideologies in civ5. If I go democracy and the AI is Fascism, there will be a big negative diplo modifier.

I bet differing governments will be able to be used as a casus belli (ideological differences).

Ngao Mbeba, Legion

Attachments

• ???-1.jpg
    ???-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,821
Nice Scythian music. :)

While Egypt uses Egyptian names for cities this time, that name of German cities are still translated into English

Ngao Mbeba means "shield bearer" in Swahili according to Google translate. I can't find much else that tells me what it could be. Aside from that it's possibly related to the speculated Kongo civ.

I kinda wish they'd show more off in this stream. While it's nice so far I haven't really actually seen very much new in action that we haven't seen before. Except maybe new diplomatic options (which are not used) and more gossip system in action (which seems nice).

Ngao Mbeba means "shield bearer" in Swahili according to Google translate. I can't find much else that tells me what it could be.

Maybe it is a Zanzibarian unique unit? That'd be cool if city states had unique units. :)

Ngao Mbeba means "shield bearer" in Swahili according to Google translate. I can't find much else that tells me what it could be.

shh dont mention google translator but you should have said something like: "Ngao mbeba, hmm.. I'v studied swahili back when I was the curator of British Museum, I think it means Shield bearer"

diplomatic relationship agenda bonus seems huge. +12

and the first missionary seems incredibly cheap. 35 faith. I see a lot of religious combat coming!

When you select a missionary, it shows you how much your religion has grown in different cities. Pretty nifty. :)

German agenda is they like civs that do not associate with city states.

Did they just reveal all leaders?

I take back my earlier complaint about not showing us anything, they just opened the leaders page of the Civilopedia :twitch: I don't think we were supposed to see that.

Lol they just revealed all leaders by mistake. Didn't make a screenshot though. Pericles, Saladin, Ghandi are in.

EDIT: Epic fail by Ed lol

Top Bottom