Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

twsworld

Chieftain
I was playing a map with a ton of forest tiles and I came across the problem where there would be massive fires all over the map that came in waves and didn't give me the chance to chop down trees to prevent more large-scale fires due to not being allowed to chop down burning or recovering forests. The map I'm playing is a custom map that's loosely based on europe and the real world equivalent of how much is going through waves of fires is about the space between the Ural mountains in Russia to Poland, which IRL would cause a nuclear winter. Because of this (assuming they don't want to change the whole being unable to chop down burning/recovering forests) I propose a sub-class of civilian unit called Firefighters. There would be at least 2 types. a land unit and an air unit.

The land unit would have charges like the builder but only be able to put out fires and be immune to fire damage while throughout the eras it gains more charges with techs. I don't know what it should be available at.

The air unit would be able to put out fires in a radius on and around a selected tile that's on fire like how the first nuke affects tiles around the targeted tile. The air unit would probably be available at flight and get better range as you research more techs.

I figured it would only be for apocalypse mode because it's probably the only mode where fires would be enough of a problem for them to be used.

Last edited:
Capture 2.PNG

Top Bottom