First Civ 5 Victory (Science of course)

Salil

Chieftain
Hey Guys,
Just finishes winning my first game at emperor level by building the spaceship. It still seems that winning via Science is the easiest? I had a small empire on an isolated continent with just about 11 cities and not a single battle in the whole game. Had Friendly relationships with most players and just a couple of denouncements towards the end( for no reason). A few things I noticed:

1. I barely had an army still my unit maintenance by turn 300 hit 150 GPT. I was bleeding money unless I was in a golden age(lucky for me I was in a golden age most of the late ages). A single worker was costing me 7 GPT. Is this normal because I used to field huge armies(before patch) and never remember losing so much money.
2. Happiness, again I was the lowest here with 21. Napolean who was a major warmongerer had 93 and he had captured at least 40 cities. How the heck is someone able to be that happy with such a huge empire beats me.
3. Merchants give 600 gold and putting them in a golden age gives me at least 1500 . They seem completely useless in later stages.
4. I feel bad for Napolean and Siam they had 40 and 30 cities respectively and double my score but still lost to Science. If I disable a Science Victory what happens? Are those technologies removed and the tech tree altered or is there a chance that I will still get them via research agreements?

Hey Guys,
Just finishes winning my first game at emperor level by building the spaceship. It still seems that winning via Science is the easiest? I had a small empire on an isolated continent with just about 11 cities and not a single battle in the whole game. Had Friendly relationships with most players and just a couple of denouncements towards the end( for no reason). A few things I noticed:

1. I barely had an army still my unit maintenance by turn 300 hit 150 GPT. I was bleeding money unless I was in a golden age(lucky for me I was in a golden age most of the late ages). A single worker was costing me 7 GPT. Is this normal because I used to field huge armies(before patch) and never remember losing so much money.
2. Happiness, again I was the lowest here with 21. Napolean who was a major warmongerer had 93 and he had captured at least 40 cities. How the heck is someone able to be that happy with such a huge empire beats me.
3. Merchants give 600 gold and putting them in a golden age gives me at least 1500 . They seem completely useless in later stages.
4. I feel bad for Napolean and Siam they had 40 and 30 cities respectively and double my score but still lost to Science. If I disable a Science Victory what happens? Are those technologies removed and the tech tree altered or is there a chance that I will still get them via research agreements?

1: Unit maintenance increases over time, replace your units with new one and it will be solved

2: AI has insane hapiness bonuses from king upwards

3: Yeah putting merchants to city states is almost useless

4: I think(never tried) that you simply can't build spaceship parts of nothing happens if you do

1: Unit maintenance increases over time, replace your units with new one and it will be solved

wait what ? this is wrong

if u build a new unit it will cost u still the 7g or 20 or what ever to keep it up.

Top Bottom