[GS] First civ in the new patch?

Nerevatar

Warlord
Im considering what civ I should roll once the patch hits, and by extension what civ everyone else is going to roll. I really want to give diplomatic victory a go again. Canada would be an obvious choice, but Im not sure I like that the ai wont declare suprise war on me since it provides some excitement.

Which civ are YOU going to play first once the patch hits?

Well I have yet to play Canada so they could be a good choice. I could try Diplo victory.

Definately going to try one of the new map types!

So probably:

Canada
Seven Seas Map
Standard size
King or Emperor diff.
Standard or Quick game speed

I will probably give Canada a go. I want to try out the new diplomatic victory. Last time I went for that I accidentally won a cultural victory instead. Sweden was also on my list, but I think Sweden will still win a cultural victory before you know it.

Mali. The patch give Mali more options for production, reducing the impact of the mine penalty since you can rely on quarries and lumber mills. I also didn't play as Mali yet, time to give it a try. I'll go for diplomatic to test it.

I haven't played Canada yet, so I'll probably start with them. Plus, I'm curious to see the changes to the Diplo victory.

After that, maybe a naval domination game on one of the new maps with the Ottomans, Dido or Norway.

England w/Victoria, Rome, or Germany. I want to try out the new Industrial Zones. Hansas are quick to build. England has general industrial bonuses. Rome can make Baths quickly, which can be spammed to help Industrial zones.

Probably England. I haven't played England at all in GS. I played France with Eleanor (as you should IMO... her personal ability doesn't suit England now that British Museum is gone)

Victoria's England. Looking forward to the Industrial Revolution. I actually like playing with IZs, power, and T3 buildings, so it will be fun to try out these new buffs.

After that, one of Scotland, Netherlands, or Germany for more IZ fun.

I haven't played Suleiman yet, nor have I gotten a domination victory in GS, so he's a likely candidate to try out the new ram and tower rules. But I've also yet to play Eleanor as England, which would give me a chance to try out other new goodies. I'm not sure what victory I'd go for with her. I might flip a coin.

I'll definitely try one of the new maps.

England with Victoria to properly try out the new Industrial zone changes (Especially that delicious +9 factory). Her military engineer bonus will make dams and canals easy to make, which will help boost those IZ yields.
Then I'll probably do Canada, since I haven't gotten around to playing with them yet, and these buffs and changes to diplomacy have finally elevated them to the point where they seem very interesting to play.

Probably England Victoria to test production middle/late game. And see if the game got more challenging on immortal (usual difficulty i play on)
Second game might be a religious civ like Arabia.

Probably Rome. Legions mass produced in Factories that are efficiently serviced by workers who boast excellent hygiene thanks to nearby Roman Baths - that must be something awe-inspiring, right? :D

i will play Canada and no one else for the rest of my career.

Finished my Canada game yesterday (yawn). Now played all the GS civs. Will play Hungary to get the achievement being Eastern Orthodoxy doesn't count as Christian for the achievement. LOL.

Top Bottom