1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] First civ in the new patch?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Nerevatar, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

"Moving off bananas and chocolate". First world problems detected! :lol::banana:

Kjimmet, SammyKhalifa and WillowBrook like this.
  2. Hogimus

Hogimus Chieftain

Did you have any mods enabled? I know YnAMP has caused start biases to not work after patches before.

3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I had tundra but only enough for one city. It fulfilled my Tundracamp/Temple of Artemis/Goddess of the Hunt dream. The city is awesome but it's the only one that is "Canada." I don''t know if I'll continue the game or not.

4. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

The barbs... oh my goodness the barbs. They just come non-stop... tundra starts have LOTS of barbs.

Basically forced to just play tower defense with archers.

5. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

I have zero mods... never used any actually.

6. qadams

qadams Bohemian

I decided to play as Russia for my first start post-patch.

I haven't played them yet in GS, plus I wanted to crank the disasters up to 11 (well, 4, actually) and I thought it would be interesting to see what it would be like when a big blizzard hits, especially if I'm being attacked at the time. That hasn't happened yet, but holy cow, all that extra faith now rolling over from unusable GP points (I founded a religion pretty early) has ended up spamming me with Great Writers, far more than I've ever had and definitely more than I can use. I've been building lots of Lavras and some campuses while also trying out the way better IZ's, fitting in aqueducts and dams whenever I can. Anyhow, I'm behind on Theater Squares, so now I've got all these would-be writers panhandling on the street corners.

7. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

Super fun tbh. Not the most powerful civ, but when played right is oddly satisfying to be viking everywhere.

Caprikel likes this.
  8. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I had to reroll 3 or 4 times. First time was in the middle of a desert, second was a rainforest. 3rd I think had a single tundra tile. Was only after that that I actually got legit tundra area to use.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I have no barbs in my game. I wonder if they reintroduced that barb continent bug from GS release.

10. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

They fixed the scout not reporting back. If you kill the scouts you should be safe.

11. seanos08

seanos08 Monarch

Tried 7 seas map as Eleanor. Ended up on a big ismuth that I could put 6 cities on and put 3 near Spain and built my first canal. Its mostly shallow so I explored most of it with a Galley. Settled 4 islands and Dido hates me. No scope for culture flipping but I'm pretty well set for a peaceful SV. Having to maintain a good navy (battleship armada) to protect my trade routes to and through Spain. Big mass of snow to my North that spawns massive lots of barbarians. Most fun map I played in a long while.

Banazir864 likes this.
  12. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Start biases aren't guaranteed.Sometimes, Canada won't start on tundra. It's always been that way.